Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Things would just be different if people thought. That old line.

It's probably right, but just as many people would end up with Pauline as would end up with Lydia Thorpe.
It's worth remembering how poorly taught and educated some people are (including the generation before our own), there was just less information around other than what our parents taught us, and in Australia, that's only a couple of generations away from uneducated farmers.

Even if they put their mind to it, it's cluttered with bad information and biases.

Albo's backflip on the census again showing the man has the spine of a mollusc.

It's worth remembering how poorly taught and educated some people are (including the generation before our own), there was just less information around other than what our parents taught us, and in Australia, that's only a couple of generations away from uneducated farmers.

Even if they put their mind to it, it's cluttered with bad information and biases.

Albo's backflip on the census again showing the man has the spine of a mollusc.

There's more and more bad information out there, more than ever, and it's easier to avoid verification of information.

I think "if only people were more educated" or "if only people thought more" is code for "I wish those people agreed with my point of view". And while you are saying that, your political opponents are busy reaching the populace with easy to digest slogans and the race is lost already.

There's more and more bad information out there, more than ever, and it's easier to avoid verification of information.

I think "if only people were more educated" or "if only people thought more" is code for "I wish those people agreed with my point of view". And while you are saying that, your political opponents are busy reaching the populace with easy to digest slogans and the race is lost already.
The problem is that the world has become more complicated.

Solving third order problems with first-order sloganeering is not going to work. But I'm not sure what the solution is.

It's easier to "lock up kids/refugees"
than to " treat the multi-faceted root causes of poor parenting such as.................................... ............................................................................................blah blah blah"

How the f*** can asking whether you're a p*** or not in the census be divisive? Does Albo really need to court the f***ing oxygen thief demographic that'll get their knickers in a twist about this?
Every single person who would get upset about this is never ever going to vote for anyone other than One Nation, maybe the Libs or the cookers.

The LNP has never ever delivered a policy for the majority of people, just policies for their donors, yet the ALP bend over backwards to please a minority of people who will never vote for them. It's beyond showing a lack of spine. It shows that they're just plain stupid.

(To be fair, there's nothing more certain than the LGTBQI+ community getting upset when each group's individual numbers are so small by comparison that in most summaries or multi-variable analysis they're grouped up as just LGBTQI+ or "Other".)
Bingo, nothing more certain

My obscure pronoun, or letter doesn't get a specific mention in a broad brush question, I'm offended.

Do you identify as lbgtq - yes/no would suffice. No idea why anyone would be against that?

another show of weakness from albo and his associates. politics above doing what is right.:mad:

I would suggest a likelihood of higher than zero than if the Albanese Government had brought such a vote, the Coalition would have split on the issue in much the same way they did in Senator Babet's abortion motion last week.

With every day, the Albanese Government further confirm they are terrified of being a one-term government. They are governing accordingly.

I remember once attending a meeting with the operators of Chadstone and they were insistent, as told by the people who designed their carpark. That there wasn't a problem with parking or access, just a perception problem, so they didn't want to talk publicly about managing transport or discouraging driving.

I said "It's perception based on lived experience, not on bad word of mouth", but they didn't want to hear it.

It's the same with the ALP. They think they're getting a bad rep because of perception and public debate, and completely ignoring their role in actually doing something to fix it. Like by doing good Governance and measuring what they want to measure, not changing their mind because the opposition will attack them for it.

Marles is clearly too stupid and/or spineless to be a Minister. But it seems like they're all in this boat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest a likelihood of higher than zero than if the Albanese Government had brought such a vote, the Coalition would have split on the issue in much the same way they did in Senator Babet's abortion motion last week.

With every day, the Albanese Government further confirm they are terrified of being a one-term government. They are governing accordingly.
Why would anyone who wants progress vote for an ALP Government which made zero progress, or took the country backwards?

If they just put the question in without announcing or making a deal of it, how many people would have fired up? Doubt we'd have even heard of it

The insistence on making it public what you plan on doing is so dumb. Just quietly add it, no one really notices, moves on

If it was just quietly added I'd guess half the people would question whether it was in the previous one or not. They wouldn't know with any certainty anyway. Why's it such a big deal...

If they just put the question in without announcing or making a deal of it, how many people would have fired up? Doubt we'd have even heard of it

The insistence on making it public what you plan on doing is so dumb. Just quietly add it, no one really notices, moves on

If it was just quietly added I'd guess half the people would question whether it was in the previous one or not. They wouldn't know with any certainty anyway. Why's it such a big deal...

Hard to have a Senate vote without someone finding out... earlier post indicates a Senate vote was required to include the question.

Are they so incapable of explaining their point to anybody that they can't even do anything?

God help us if we actually had something important to do and this Government didn't do it because Dutton and the Bigots would make it "divisive".

I'm staggered that the LNP have managed to convince the ALP that trying to be inclusive would actually be divisive. It's the LNP who would be the divisive one by objecting to counting people how they want to be counted.

Are they so incapable of explaining their point to anybody that they can't even do anything?

God help us if we actually had something important to do and this Government didn't do it because Dutton and the Bigots would make it "divisive".

I'm staggered that the LNP have managed to convince the ALP that trying to be inclusive would actually be divisive. It's the LNP who would be the divisive one by objecting to counting people how they want to be counted.
absolute cowards that stand for nothing

they've basically stayed the course the coalition set and any time they've deviated they've folded at the slightest pressure

I really do think most of them would rather be in a cushy opposition role where they aren't responsible for anything and don't have to defend anything

they seem much more comfortable there

The elephant in the room is the social conservatives within the ALP. The Shoppies and their religious nutters probably revolted internally and threatened to cross the floor. But that's ok for inclusivity, it's just not ok for Genocidal matters.

The elephant in the room is the social conservatives within the ALP. The Shoppies and their religious nutters probably revolted internally and threatened to cross the floor. But that's ok for inclusivity, it's just not ok for Genocidal matters.
Yes there's always the question of whether they walked it back because they didn't have the votes in their own party to get it up

Albo has been walking back ALP policy on LGBTQIA rights since he took over in 2019

The way he speaks in conservative media about those rights indicates he personally doesn't give a shit beyond the optics of marching at Mardis Gras

Seems to be the standard these days

absolute cowards that stand for nothing

they've basically stayed the course the coalition set and any time they've deviated they've folded at the slightest pressure

I really do think most of them would rather be in a cushy opposition role where they aren't responsible for anything and don't have to defend anything

they seem much more comfortable there
Their attack on the LNP for not including this in 2019 certainly shows that they're all talk from opposition and all capitulation when in Government.

Their attack on the LNP for not including this in 2019 certainly shows that they're all talk from opposition and all capitulation when in Government.

It's really say anything to get power these days

Yes there's always the question of whether they walked it back because they didn't have the votes in their own party to get it up

Albo has been walking back ALP policy on LGBTQIA rights since he took over in 2019

The way he speaks in conservative media about those rights indicates he personally doesn't give a shit beyond the optics of marching at Mardis Gras

Seems to be the standard these days

It seems to be given that lgbetc voters would be in favour. Many would see it as intrusive of privacy.

Many examples of this in history

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back