Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

We're not counting any LGBTQI people this census again even though we promised and it's part of our platform because we're worried about it being divisive

Cops flack

We've dividied the LGBTQI questions into LGB (in) TQI (out) so as not to be divisive

(Waits to see if flack continues or stops)

1724985836828.jpeg

What about it makes it a gotcha? The then leader of the opposition and many members of the shadow cabinet couldn't wait to tell us the impact of the energy policies they were taking to the election, and the direct impact they would have on people's power bills. It's not trying to trick anybody, merely holding the government to account for statements they have made regarding their policies.

It turns out that was an absolute load of bollocks. Like with the assessment that inflation will be within the target range by the end of the year (mentioned as part of the Budget) it's an example of the now-PM saying dumb s*** that is unrealistic. It goes to his trustworthiness and competency.
I think there are many better and actual current examples but you do you

The irony is by behaving terrified they will end up being one.
I wonder if they wouldn't rather go back to opposition
Maybe the small target election policy was about not appearing attractive enough to vote for

I also wonder if not actually standing for anything is an issue.

There's nothing there that makes me think they have a plan or a vision or a desire for change, nothing they want to achieve beyond a budget surplus it seems

There's nothing there that makes me think they have a plan or a vision or a desire for change, nothing they want to achieve beyond a budget surplus it seems
Busy being small target on everything so they can be small target on economics too? It's just an awful strategy.

I reckon the "T" is the most important part of the group to capture. It affects health care service and delivery the most, especially given the LGB community is already much better understood and accepted and will be facing far fewer barriers than a decade ago.

You can only get away with not being the Liberal Party for so long.

I don't care if it's backflip if it lands on the right decision, but you have to question his advisers if he's buckling initially on something that would have so little blowback on the party.
ptsd from the Gillard era where it didn't matter what she did, the newscorp-ch nein scum shat on it

I would suggest a likelihood of higher than zero than if the Albanese Government had brought such a vote, the Coalition would have split on the issue in much the same way they did in Senator Babet's abortion motion last week.

With every day, the Albanese Government further confirm they are terrified of being a one-term government. They are governing accordingly.

dutton seemed publicly confident after his flip-flop on the matter.

as i’ve written before, when he was leader of the house he was strong and stood for something. as p.m he’s trying to please everyone and in the process is pleasing no one. if someone with some persuasive power doesn’t get hold of him and tell him which side is up the divisive, trump clone and his incompetent minions are likely to win office by default.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep! another albo misstep.. appoints a well-known palestinian hater to the role of antisemite envoy but no appointment yet for an anti-islamophobia envoy. weak as piss.

What are the benefits of LGBTQIA people having threes questions? Census questions are a balance between public good and privacy.
I mean given they've been asking for these questions to be added for over a decade I'm not really sure why you're worried about privacy on their behalf

What are the benefits of LGBTQIA people having threes questions? Census questions are a balance between public good and privacy.
There are three different proposed topics that overlap a bit but relate to diversity and all are relevant in defining key characteristics of the Australian population.

"The topics of Gender, Sexual orientation, and Variations of sex characteristics are being considered further in the topic review process. Evidence put forward in submissions, other feedback and parliamentary inquiry recommendations often covered these three topics together, in addition to changing the question on sex. The ABS has attempted to separate out the unique elements of each topic below, however, the ABS recognise the significant overlap in data needs."

"Gender is a social and cultural concept. It is about social and cultural differences in identity, expression and experience as a man, woman, or non-binary person."

"The sexual orientation question is asking about sexual identity and attraction. This is how a person thinks of their own sexuality, the term they identify with and their romantic or sexual attraction to others."

"Variations of sex characteristics refers to people with innate genetic, hormonal or physical sex characteristics that do not conform to medical norms for female or male bodies. It refers to a wide spectrum of variations to genitals, hormones, chromosomes and/or reproductive organs."

Albo needs to fire his advisers. Why allow a big song and dance over a few questions in the census? Just put them in and if the opposition complains tell them to get ****ed. Nobody cares about the questions, but people do care about leaders making poor decisions.

He's going to be the leader of a hung parliament next term and he only has himself to blame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back