Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

That got made special
bart simpson GIF

The Greens will demand that Labor retains a law that allows Reserve Bank of Australia governor Michele Bullock to tell banks how to lend money, arguing future monetary stimulus should be directed to green technology and renewable energy.
The Greens also reiterated their calls for the treasurer to retain a never-before-used power to override the RBA on interest rates, and urged him to cut borrowing costs immediately.
:roflv1:

Dutton and Albo are really the best options we have? Its beyond belief how poor politics in this country is.
PM only pays $500k ($600k if you include perks?) and it's more like $300k to be oppo leader or when you inevitably get relegated to the back bench it's down to $250k.

That's a mid-management-level salary at most corporations.

And that doesn't include the ridiculous hours you do unpaid volunteering and electioneering just to become considered for pre-selection.

It's a terrible career choice for somebody with otherwise decent prospects.

A bit like professional sports-person. It seems great for those who make it to the very top and get cushy-post-gigs. But most don't even make it to the big time (vast majority of people lose at the polls) and those who do, on average, don't last very long.

It's no surprise that the people who end up at the very top are dull weirdos and/or borderline psychopathic narcissists.

Dutton promises to turn Australia into what Nick Bryant called a quarry with a view and we're arguing over what scarf Albo is wearing

Come on mate.

Nothing more vomit inducing than seeing politicians get in on the cheap shots for publicity.

Whether it was Howard - a well known sports tragic. Or Rudd when he was seeing off the Aus cricket team before the Ashes in 2009, or Albo jumping into the huddle to sing the song, or ScoMo running drinks during an ODI game.....

It makes me cringe

Just heard Albanese on the radio saying only the senate is sitting this week, so there’s no excuse for them not passing legislation.

Well there is, Albo, if your government keeps serving up crocks like your housing policy for instance, widely considered to be not just as useless as **** on a bull, but quite likely to make the housing crisis worse.

This is all about trying to erode public confidence in the Greens and independents because they continue to call out his government’s shit policies.

I heard John Howard the other day talking about the Libs and how they can get back into power. Not a word about policies that matter to ordinary Australians. All about bringing down Labor and getting the Tories back in government, nothing more.

Thank god Albo got rid of the diabolical Morrison government, but in his playing political games with the Greens and independents instead of working constructively with them and listening to criticism, he’s no better than effing John Howard. Truly no better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on mate.

Nothing more vomit inducing than seeing politicians get in on the cheap shots for publicity.

Whether it was Howard - a well known sports tragic. Or Rudd when he was seeing off the Aus cricket team before the Ashes in 2009, or Albo jumping into the huddle to sing the song, or ScoMo running drinks during an ODI game.....

It makes me cringe

From what I gather of all the fake support pollies pretend to have for sports teams the only genuine support a PM had for a team was Gillard with the Bulldogs. Also I don’t believe Turnbull pretended to be a “mad sports fan” which is quite respected IMO

“Albanese has intervened to reject the idea of doing a deal with the Greens and other cross-benchers who want changes that, to many people, would seem the logical domain of nature laws”

Once again, Albanese being more concerned about trying to cut off the Greens at the knees than do what’s right for the Australian nation.

“Albanese has intervened to reject the idea of doing a deal with the Greens and other cross-benchers who want changes that, to many people, would seem the logical domain of nature laws”

Once again, Albanese being more concerned about trying to cut off the Greens at the knees than do what’s right for the Australian nation.

Shouldn't be a surprise he was the one who refused to work with them under Rudd and attacked them instead

He's done the same his entire time as PM

Just heard Albanese on the radio saying only the senate is sitting this week, so there’s no excuse for them not passing legislation.

Well there is, Albo, if your government keeps serving up crocks like your housing policy for instance, widely considered to be not just as useless as **** on a bull, but quite likely to make the housing crisis worse.

This is all about trying to erode public confidence in the Greens and independents because they continue to call out his government’s shit policies.

I heard John Howard the other day talking about the Libs and how they can get back into power. Not a word about policies that matter to ordinary Australians. All about bringing down Labor and getting the Tories back in government, nothing more.

Thank god Albo got rid of the diabolical Morrison government, but in his playing political games with the Greens and independents instead of working constructively with them and listening to criticism, he’s no better than effing John Howard. Truly no better.
Yep. Albo is so obsessed with winning a few Lib voters and NewsCorp/9News (LNP) scare campaigns that he's given up on actual government for the people.

Refusing to negotiate with Senators isn't "taking a tough line", it's doing nothing. And he'll lose votes to both the left and the right because of it. He's fallen into the classic centre-left "If I just move a little bit to the right, they'll respect me more...and a little more.....and a little more.....one day they'll write a nice article about me".

Yep. Albo is so obsessed with winning a few Lib voters and NewsCorp/9News (LNP) scare campaigns that he's given up on actual government for the people.

Refusing to negotiate with Senators isn't "taking a tough line", it's doing nothing. And he'll lose votes to both the left and the right because of it. He's fallen into the classic centre-left "If I just move a little bit to the right, they'll respect me more...and a little more.....and a little more.....one day they'll write a nice article about me".
Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Sadly, he hasn’t grown into the job, and is instead revealing that he’s always been first and foremost a party man.

Albo , what a weak hopeless leader.

'Former Labor foreign minister Gareth Evans says Australia won’t have sovereignty over Aukus submarines
Evans says Anthony Albanese should have reviewed Aukus when he came to power in 2022 and that the PM is too risk-averse.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back