Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Both sides are utterly useless at governing in the best interests of the majority.
Unfortunately Australia is as pathetic as the US, we're simply voting for a figure head and both Albo and Dutton are bottom feeders.
God help the people of this country, because neither side of government seem able to.

You know it’s grim when your selection is based on who is “less shit”.

You know it’s grim when your selection is based on who is “less shit”.
Which by any measure is Albanese, he's been a huge disappointment but when Spud is the alternative the choice in a two horse race is pretty clear unless you want Australia to become a subsidiary of Hancock Prospecting.

Which by any measure is Albanese, he's been a huge disappointment but when Spud is the alternative the choice in a two horse race is pretty clear unless you want Australia to become a subsidiary of Hancock Prospecting.

Mate, I'm one rent raise away from sleeping in my car. What have I got to lose voting for Dutton?

Tell me honestly. I don't care about climate change, I don't care about social media - hell, I don't even use the damn thing - why would I care about any of those things when I'm just trying to live day to day?

In makes more sense to vote for Dutton imo. He can't be much worse than Albo? He may even surprise to the upside.

Mate, I'm one rent raise away from sleeping in my car. What have I got to lose voting for Dutton?

Tell me honestly. I don't care about climate change, I don't care about social media - hell, I don't even use the damn thing - why would I care about any of those things when I'm just trying to live day to day?

In makes more sense to vote for Dutton imo. He can't be much worse than Albo? He may even surprise to the upside.
What have the Liberal party offered as alternative cost of living relief policy? They voted against every measure Government have put up in Parliament and have offered nothing of their own to solve the problem, as for Dutton surprising in government, we've seen him and his record is abysmal.

Just the anger in the community. Any social media post from Albo is just inundated with it.
Of course none of that is bot-driven.

Also I have a bridge to sell you.

Labor's housing policy has been widely derided as shit but the Coalition's draw-from-your-superannuation-to-buy-a-house has been widely derided as even shitter - inflating house prices in the short term (how could it not?) AND leaving people less well off when they retire.

Reign in the NDIS?
Don't tell me you've fallen for the rorts and fraud angle as an excuse to cut funding for disability services

As always the issue is largely for profit providers not the fact the government is supporting people who need it
which is still part of reigning in the NDIS. Examples I can think of would be reducing the need for repeat assessments which cost quite a lot, have massive wait times and plans can deplete and not be renewed without them.

Or cracking in on dodgy providers (there is an exploitative bunch that our health service has made a formal complaint about who tell clients they will provide SDA housing and support but take the money, put them in a bare room with minimal support worker contact hours)

There has been much needed wage growth at the support worker level, but I expect this should be levelling off.

Often then alternative for some of the most severely disabled is hospitalisation with no clear discharge location, that costs even more per day than NDIS SDA.

which is still part of reigning in the NDIS. Examples I can think of would be reducing the need for repeat assessments which cost quite a lot, have massive wait times and plans can deplete and not be renewed without them.

Or cracking in on dodgy providers (there is an exploitative bunch that our health service has made a formal complaint about who tell clients they will provide SDA housing and support but take the money, put them in a bare room with minimal support worker contact hours)

There has been much needed wage growth at the support worker level, but I expect this should be levelling off.

Often then alternative for some of the most severely disabled is hospitalisation with no clear discharge location, that costs even more per day than NDIS SDA.
Twelve years of it being administered by people who didn't think it should exist will do that. Why is it always things like this that are forced to do the heavy lifting when it comes to cuts?

If the rent rises are the single biggest issue for you then voting Liberal isn't for you. It's the Greens you should be voting for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dutton having endless dinners with Gina Reinhardt definitely sounds like the cure for all your problems.

What do you really think the Liberal Party - the party of endless austerity for the disadvantaged and endless handouts for their elite - are going to do for you?

Most credible analyses predict a Labor minority government after the next election.

No one knows for sure, of course, but what are you basing your prediction on?
There are two things at play here IMO.
  1. Interest rate cut. Canada, USA and others have started cutting, when Australia does a lot of Albo's problems melt away. Interest rate cuts will win the election for Labor if they happen. This is obviously a race against time.
  2. The Teals are going to get all votes Labor gives up. Bad new for Labor is not necessarily good news for Dutton.

I'll donkey vote as per but voting Dutton would send a message that current politics isn't good enough, you have to actually do something to help people not just lip service like Albo

It's almost certain (99.9999999% but you don't know for sure until it happens) Dutton would be no better but that message needs to be sent. The shit thing is the same thing will be said in 4 years about Dutton

Oh how wonderful is politics. The single biggest scam in the world, full of the most corrupt people in the world parading as elite. They're less trustworthy than your local meth dealer yet people cheer these parasites

The public are to blame as much as anything though. More protests for ****ing Palestine than any issue here

I'm pretty sure even if a convicted pedo and murderer was the ALP candidate, you would still say they were better by any measure than even the best LNP candidate.

💕

I'll donkey vote as per but voting Dutton would send a message that current politics isn't good enough, you have to actually do something to help people not just lip service like Albo

It's almost certain (99.9999999% but you don't know for sure until it happens) Dutton would be no better but that message needs to be sent. The shit thing is the same thing will be said in 4 years about Dutton

Oh how wonderful is politics. The single biggest scam in the world, full of the most corrupt people in the world parading as elite. They're less trustworthy than your local meth dealer yet people cheer these parasites

The public are to blame as much as anything though. More protests for ****ing Palestine than any issue here
Current politics isn't good enough so let's return to previous politics that was pretty unarguably worse? Doesn't seem entirely logical.

Current politics isn't good enough so let's boot them out*

Hopefully you understand now
Sure, but Dutton isn't offering anything new. He's from the previous politics we booted out because it wasn't good enough.

If the argument was vote Teals or Greens or, hell, One Nation, it might make sense, but it doesn't as it stands.

Sure, but Dutton isn't offering anything new. He's from the previous politics we booted out because it wasn't good enough.

If the argument was vote Teals or Greens or, hell, One Nation, it might make sense, but it doesn't as it stands.
They aren't going to get in so the only way to tell them this isn't good enough is Dutton

I'd like to think there's some with a brain in Canberra that understand that's quite a message, that Australia has voted Dutton in, we need to do better, but i don't hold high hopes for the most corrupt and inept people in the country

voting Dutton would send a message that current politics isn't good enough
But that vote would mean you want it to get worse.

The current government cannot do much to help people. If they spend money they add to inflation. If they add to inflation interest rates go up.

You can make a pretty strong argument that governments over a long period have failed to use fiscal policy properly. But the Liberals are worse in that regard.

The economic situation that Albanese inherited was a shit sand with.

They have done a pretty good job to deliver two budget surpluses and curtail inflation (mostly). But there does seem to a pretty heavy landing on the horizon. Then they get to start spending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back