Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, I'm one rent raise away from sleeping in my car. What have I got to lose voting for Dutton?
The car
Tell me honestly. I don't care about climate change,
You might if you're sleeping in your car

I don't care about social media - hell, I don't even use the damn thing
I've got some bad news about what this website is then
- why would I care about any of those things when I'm just trying to live day to day?
Why would you think Dutton would give a shit about you?

In makes more sense to vote for Dutton imo. He can't be much worse than Albo? He may even surprise to the upside.
Lol

They aren't going to get in so the only way to tell them this isn't good enough is Dutton

I'd like to think there's some with a brain in Canberra that understand that's quite a message, that Australia has voted Dutton in, we need to do better, but i don't hold high hopes for the most corrupt and inept people in the country
Anyone with half a brain would realise bouncing between the two majors is what they expect you to do and does literally nothing

You want to send a message you don't vote for either of them

Anyone with half a brain knows only the 2 majors will get in
I mean if you keep only voting for them yes

Self fullfilling prophecy

But that's ok you go and vote Dutton like a good little sheep to send a message to labor

Which will by the way be

You need to be even worse than you were this time

Not you need to be better

Labor's housing policy has been widely derided as shit but the Coalition's draw-from-your-superannuation-to-buy-a-house has been widely derided as even shitter - inflating house prices in the short term (how could it not?) AND leaving people less well off when they retire.
I don’t know…use some of your own money to buy a house or enter into a partnership with the govt to buy it….i mean what could go wrong 🤪

Hes a miserable campaigner, pay no mind. Has never posted anything happy, just wants to bring everyone down to his level
I've posted plenty of happy stuff Burge
Generally when you're not around though

The current government cannot do much to help people. If they spend money they add to inflation. If they add to inflation interest rates go up.

You can make a pretty strong argument that governments over a long period have failed to use fiscal policy properly. But the Liberals are worse in that regard.

The economic situation that Albanese inherited was a shit sand with.

They have done a pretty good job to deliver two budget surpluses and curtail inflation (mostly). But there does seem to a pretty heavy landing on the horizon. Then they get to start spending.

Plenty of talk the coalition were happy to add Mayo to the obvious stit sandwich and hand over

Hardly did a thing to govern for the last 3-6 months

Oh sorry I forgot the religious discrimination bill. Big woop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone with half a brain can see we are steadily moving away from a system of two party dominance.

Work with a German guy who recently went back there a few weeks.
He's really concerned with the fractured nature of their politics.
The "biggest" party doesn't have a majority, and none of the minor parties want to form a coalition with them.
Similarly the smaller parties seem to struggle to make deals with each other.

Work with a German guy who recently went back there a few weeks.
He's really concerned with the fractured nature of their politics.
The "biggest" party doesn't have a majority, and none of the minor parties want to form a coalition with them.
Similarly the smaller parties seem to struggle to make deals with each other.
It's happening everywhere - obvious example is France. It's not an issue for countires that have a longer history of collaborative governments.

which is still part of reigning in the NDIS. Examples I can think of would be reducing the need for repeat assessments which cost quite a lot, have massive wait times and plans can deplete and not be renewed without them.

Or cracking in on dodgy providers (there is an exploitative bunch that our health service has made a formal complaint about who tell clients they will provide SDA housing and support but take the money, put them in a bare room with minimal support worker contact hours)

There has been much needed wage growth at the support worker level, but I expect this should be levelling off.

Often then alternative for some of the most severely disabled is hospitalisation with no clear discharge location, that costs even more per day than NDIS SDA.
I can give you a small example, from personal experience as to how the NDIS could potentially blow out a bit.

I had an exercise physio assessment (at a council pool/gym facility). For that, my NDIS plan was charged $168. Sometime down the track, I came across a fees brochure from the same facility. (The same) excercise physio assessment cost? $99.

Now, this isn't the fault of the facility. They charge that fee because they can, the NDIS allows them to. And it can hardly be argued that the difference is because of admin costs - it's just the facility charging the maximum allowed to make as much money from my NDIS plan as possible.

Anyway, I wonder if this is widespread practice across other professions? (Eg psychologists, dietitians, etc). If so, you could see how the NDIS is being charged more than it should be.

I can give you a small example, from personal experience as to how the NDIS could potentially blow out a bit.

I had an exercise physio assessment (at a council pool/gym facility). For that, my NDIS plan was charged $168. Sometime down the track, I came across a fees brochure from the same facility. (The same) excercise physio assessment cost? $99.

Now, this isn't the fault of the facility. They charge that fee because they can, the NDIS allows them to. And it can hardly be argued that the difference is because of admin costs - it's just the facility charging the maximum allowed to make as much money from my NDIS plan as possible.

Anyway, I wonder if this is widespread practice across other professions? (Eg psychologists, dietitians, etc). If so, you could see how the NDIS is being charged more than it should be.

Medicare too

From what I have seen it would appear to be the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back