Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from wearing a couple of different teams scarves at funding announcements has Albo been spotted in the rooms or in the crowd wearing anything other than a Hawks scarf?

Carlton has Josh Frydenberg as our number 1 ticket holder for a while......if any other team would like him as a supporter please feel free to take him.
Felt the same when we had Julie Bishop. Thank God Sam Kerr took over from her.

Apart from wearing a couple of different teams scarves at funding announcements has Albo been spotted in the rooms or in the crowd wearing anything other than a Hawks scarf?

Carlton has Josh Frydenberg as our number 1 ticket holder for a while......if any other team would like him as a supporter please feel free to take him.

Yours is the club of Menzies and Fraser... you've made your bed.

Sorry, don't know that I agree.

Were I to run for office, become leader of my party and potentially become PM of this country, you'd never see me donning anything other than a Carlton scarf for publicity. Even if it'd get me booed - as it did when I did it as a kid in 2001 - I'd still do it.

Your footy team is a part of who you are, if you grew up with it. It has its roots in family, in culture, in your context. If you can change teams so flippantly, it says something about you.

It's not an intellectual position, but that doesn't render it any less valid.

I think you've identified the fake reality politicians present, hugging the metaphorical flag for the photos designed to appeal to each little group - it's really only modern times that allows people to see all the versions of the politicians side by side.

If you can remember back to the election film "The Campaign" with Ferrell and Galifianakis there is a scene where Ferrell's character visits all these small demographic groups and makes them feel special. I've found the video.

This isn't an Albo specific thing, I believe all political figures are like this.

If you're influenced by who a politician supports in sport, there's something wrong with you. I don't mind if pollies go to the footy and wear their colours, but keep them out of the rooms.

To be fair, most of the publicity for it comes from the media themselves, not from the pollies media teams.

If you're influenced by who a politician supports in sport, there's something wrong with you. I don't mind if pollies go to the footy and wear their colours, but keep them out of the rooms.

To be fair, most of the publicity for it comes from the media themselves, not from the pollies media teams.
I really don't agree with this. There are far worse things people are influenced by, daily, which predicate them voting in any given direction.

I'm reminded of the Gillard minority government, who wound up thrusting that bloke from fishers and shooters - who was never expected to get a seat, let alone hold the balance of power. That bloke was voted for by an extreme minority of people, yet he did his absolute best to do the job for those who voted for him. Now, those people might've voted for him as donkeys or they might sincerely have believed in the stated policies of fishers and shooters, but that doesn't change the bloke they eventually got.

Responsible use of power is, to be frank, something of a lucky dip sometimes. If you confine it solely to those who seek it out, you're only going to get the grubbers.

The Albanese Govt will forever be remembered by me as the Government of doing nothing but appeasing those doing them harm in the hope that if they just make one more concession, they'll finally get what they want.

But all that shows is weakness. And their opponents are trampling all over them.

Whether it's the LNP and media who the ALP try to appease with every policy, or the Israeli Govt who Penny Wong thinks might listen to her if she just protects them this one more time, they'll realise we're really their friends.

Sometimes the ALP knows how to run a minority Govt and some times they blow their own face off to spite their neck. This is the latter.

It's also worth mentioning what a pathetically ineffective politician Penny Wong is.

She is truly the person you appoint to a Ministry if you want to achieve precisely zero.

She couldn't get her own party to support same-sex marriage.
Failed with Turnbull to get a Climate change package through, then failed again with the Greens.
She can't get Israel to stop murdering aid workers, Australians or children.
Backing in disasters like AUKUS and sabre rattling against China (our largest trading partner)

Talks and talks, but has the persuasion and negotiating skills of a sleeping turtle.

If somebody could point me towards one of her successes, I would be most grateful.

It's also worth mentioning what a pathetically ineffective politician Penny Wong is.

She is truly the person you appoint to a Ministry if you want to achieve precisely zero.

She couldn't get her own party to support same-sex marriage.
Failed with Turnbull to get a Climate change package through, then failed again with the Greens.
She can't get Israel to stop murdering aid workers, Australians or children.
Backing in disasters like AUKUS and sabre rattling against China (our largest trading partner)

Talks and talks, but has the persuasion and negotiating skills of a sleeping turtle.

If somebody could point me towards one of her successes, I would be most grateful.
It's Penny Wong's fault that Israel haven't stopped killing innocent people? Would have thought there would be more influential world leaders that would have more chance of doing that...........and at the moment have had very little success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back