Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

And no government has the guts to change things because of the media climate

Gralin will come in and say "Labor don't want to change things because they benefit"

I think he's half right.

Why do people keep calling it a "cost of living crisis"? Are they too stupid to know that this is the new normal?

What is a timeframe for a crisis?

Last edited:

Gralin will come in and say "Labor don't want to change things because they benefit"

I think he's half right.

Why do people keep calling it a "cost of living crisis"? Are they too stupid to know that this is the new normal?

Politicians are extremely over represented as landlords so they very much have a conflict of interest before donor money or media pressure even comes into it

I think he's half right.

I don't think there is a time limit.

F*** John Howard and f*** all those f***ing idiots that voted for him time after time.
View attachment 2128785
I am Born in 1987. I wish I was Born 10 or even 20 years before 1987.

Work 7 or 8 hours a day from 8 am to 4pm. Work hard to pay off a house As soon as possible. Bang, your life is set.

I think he's half right.

The media?

All I hear when I switch on the TV or see when I read is how much real estate now costs compared to incomes, how hard it us for young people and generous tax concessions are a problem.

Yes it's self interest from politicians and voters themselves as to why the change won't happen.

Adelaide is now overtaking Melbourne in median house price. If you use ASIC's compound interest calculator (with a nominal dummy 'regular deposit') it can give you an idea about what could happen in the long run.

Adelaide's house prices are rising at about 13% per year. If you take today's median detached price of about $850,000 and add a cumulative 13% for 10 years, that projects to $2.8 million. I don't see wages growing enough over 10 years to make nearly 3 million affordable to many people. It can't go on.

I think I've officially seen peak idiocy on the Perth market.

A few hundred metres away from a beautiful old cottage that went for 850k in December someone has now paid 925k for one few hundred metres away, but it only has 2 bedrooms, lacks the same polish and worst of all.. instead of a super quiet street it's on a BUSY dual lane main road :roflv1:

I am Born in 1987. I wish I was Born 10 or even 20 years before 1987.

Work 7 or 8 hours a day from 8 am to 4pm. Work hard to pay off a house As soon as possible. Bang, your life is set.
Would need to be 20 years prior, the cushy life of the past ended in the mid 90s. I saw the tail end of it and the waste was incredible - 8 to 4 was more like 9 to 2 with lots of breaks. Unfortunately the Keating government (and Howard gleefully continued) decided that the savings were from outsourcing not the real reason of business reform and got out of delivery.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The media?

All I hear when I switch on the TV or see when I read is how much real estate now costs compared to incomes, how hard it us for young people and generous tax concessions are a problem.

Yes it's self interest from politicians and voters themselves as to why the change won't happen.

Its funny how Australia is one of the richest Nations on Earth, Like the USA.

You got all these Middle eastern or Arab Nations like Saudi Arabia, United Arab emirates and Qatar all have these Sovereign Wealth funds.

So why doesnt Australia have a Similar Sovereign wealth fund like the middle eastern nations? We make money selling raw materials to China.

F*** John Howard and f*** all those f***ing idiots that voted for him time after time.
View attachment 2128785
well I will ask you an Honest and serious question.

Isnt Australia one of the richest nations on Earth under the Johnny Howard dictatorship of 1996 until 2007?

Middle eastern nations like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and united Arab Emirates have sovereign wealth funds.

Why didnt the liberals create a sovereign wealth fund?

I think I've officially seen peak idiocy on the Perth market.

A few hundred metres away from a beautiful old cottage that went for 850k in December someone has now paid 925k for one few hundred metres away, but it only has 2 bedrooms, lacks the same polish and worst of all.. instead of a super quiet street it's on a BUSY dual lane main road :roflv1:
Over here we've been infected by the eastern state disease known as 'auction'. Every second house for sale doesn't have an asking price, and auctions are a large portion of sales. It's all code for letting buyers fall over each other to pay more and more for the same piece of crap house just because it's less than 20 km from the city.

Over here we've been infected by the eastern state disease known as 'auction'. Every second house for sale doesn't have an asking price, and auctions are a large portion of sales. It's all code for letting buyers fall over each other to pay more and more for the same piece of crap house just because it's less than 20 km from the city.

I will say this.... Adelaide 20-25 years ago had one major Advantage over Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. Adelaide had cheap property almost in most suburbs.

Now Suburbs like Elizabeth have houses sold for $500-$600,000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say this.... Adelaide 20-25 years ago had one major Advantage over Perth, Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. Adelaide had cheap property almost in most suburbs.

Now Suburbs like Elizabeth have houses sold for $500-$600,000
It depends on one's perspective of course, but I believe the 2020s will be remembered as the death of affordable housing in Adelaide. Just before the pandemic the median price was in the 5 hundreds I believe, and by decade's end it looks to be pushing 1.75 million.

When a bog-standard house costs eight times the average full-time wage (not average wage) and average dual-income families can't afford one anymore, you know things are ****ed. This country is in so much trouble. It's only the beginning of the rot.

Would need to be 20 years prior, the cushy life of the past ended in the mid 90s. I saw the tail end of it and the waste was incredible - 8 to 4 was more like 9 to 2 with lots of breaks. Unfortunately the Keating government (and Howard gleefully continued) decided that the savings were from outsourcing not the real reason of business reform and got out of delivery.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Average fulltime hours are lower now than in the 80s and real wages were lower. It was hardly utopia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back