Anyone Else Want Malthouse to Coach Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

He is too old for a rabble like Melbourne. Will take 8 years minimum.

So your suggesting Melbourne pick ups have been better than Collingwood's :rolleyes: and it's just Malthouse that has turned them into good players. Yes:thumbsu:

Yes coaches can develop players, but I don't think Melbourne's drafting has been any better than Collingwood's. Yes:thumbsu:

Drafting is where it starts, Melbourne had Chris Dawes under their nose and let him go to Collingwood.
Collingwood had Jurrah...who will be more dangerous/goals tally in 2-3 years time. Geez, Jamar could do what Dawes is doing in your team if he had that delivery.

Collingwood had Jurrah...who will be more dangerous/goals tally in 2-3 years time. Geez, Jamar could do what Dawes is doing in your team if he had that delivery.

Collingwood didnt have Jurrah. He was on our VFL list only...anybody could have drafted him. Another benefit of tanking that gave Melbourne first pick in the PSD. ICollingwood would have taken him in the rookie draft....we used our last pick on Leigh Brown (premiership hero).

I'd be repulsed if we kept Jurrah on our list, the softest, laziest and the least team orientated player in the league, perfect fit for your club :eek:

FFS, he came out a week ago and said he couldnt leave the current group and he WILL BE at Collingwood next year. What more does the bloke need to say so the media can get off his bloody back. I have had a gutfull of the Mick Malthouse will he or wont he be at Collingwood next year.

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what will happen now. Good luck for the remainder of the season guys even though you do not need it.

A coach has been sacked an now everything will simply start afresh as if none of those concerned have spoken a single word.

Look for such speculative gems as "changed circumstance", "new light" and "reconsider" to pour from the massed keyboards of the unwashed.

MM should make a blunt, definitive statement in the negative within 12 hours.

As Daics35 above has said, I couldn't be any less ambiguous when I declared my intentions in The Australian 2 weekends ago: I'm staying at Collingwood, with my boys and the football club that I love.

Please... Jurrah, will he still be playing AFL in 3 years time?

There is a reason why Jurrah is more likely to kick more goals than Dawes, because he plays in a team that lacks genuine goal kickers, while Dawes plays in a team that often has 10 or more goal kickers.

If Melbourne approach MM (which no doubt they will), McGuire should promptly pull the QB game off Melbourne. We've been propping up this charity for years & it's time to stop it if they are trying to poach our staff.

If Melbourne approach MM (which no doubt they will), McGuire should promptly pull the QB game off Melbourne. We've been propping up this charity for years & it's time to stop it if they are trying to poach our staff.

Ha ha love it! :thumbsu:

Truth is the Dees will poach Malthouse and put an offer on the table which will most likely match what the Pies are offering him. Does he have the passion to coach a side of young talant, where alot of the 'heavy lifting has been done for him'...we have to wait and see.

And with the QB game...that will still be ours even if we don't play the pies...we are the oldest club and the AFL can easily promote it with another side, Essendon, Carlton etc :p

Truth is the Dees will poach Malthouse and put an offer on the table which will most likely match what the Pies are offering him. Does he have the passion to coach a side of young talant, where alot of the 'heavy lifting has been done for him'...we have to wait and see.

And with the QB game...that will still be ours even if we don't play the pies...we are the oldest club and the AFL can easily promote it with another side, Essendon, Carlton etc :p
good god you are delusional can you go away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good god you are delusional can you go away

No worries! Just wanted to know what the feeling was on the Collingwood board re. Malthouse's future. Seems he is staying and the Dees will just receive a polite no from his manager.

No worries! Just wanted to know what the feeling was on the Collingwood board re. Malthouse's future. Seems he is staying and the Dees will just receive a polite no from his manager.

You've already left once and by now you've definitely overstayed your welcome.

And if you aren't just a dribbling tosser that you come across as pm me we can arrange a bet on Mick not being at your pea-hearted club in 2011

As Daics35 above has said, I couldn't be any less ambiguous when I declared my intentions in The Australian 2 weekends ago: I'm staying at Collingwood, with my boys and the football club that I love.

Well put Salty.
Coming over for a beer with me and Bucks this week?

You've already left once and by now you've definitely overstayed your welcome.

And if you aren't just a dribbling tosser that you come across as pm me we can arrange a bet on Mick not being at your pea-hearted club in 2011
Hey whats with the insults??? Ever since Melbourne sacked their coach the Collingwood Football Club, especially your president and supporters have been quick to defend and convince yourself there will be no departure. Look if Malthouse said he is staying...he is staying, no Melbourne offer will change that. Don't get so upset!:)

We elected not to Draft him when we could and He was on the VFL list and Went home early in the season and never came back

Hey whats with the insults??? Ever since Melbourne sacked their coach the Collingwood Football Club, especially your president and supporters have been quick to defend and convince yourself there will be no departure. Look if Malthouse said he is staying...he is staying, no Melbourne offer will change that. Don't get so upset!:)

That was a compliment.

My inbox is still empty, gutless, just like your embarrassing imitation of a club.

I don't want him to Coach Melbourne and anyway, why would he want to? The club is ****ed at the moment. Why would ANYBODY want to coach there let alone one of the better coaches in the league?

My question is why does the fantasy that Malthouse has been badly treated persist? Is it stupidity or sheer willful lunacy?

Malthouse had a decade to win a premiership with total control of the footy department and a huge war chest of funds to do it with and FAILED. Did we sack him and move on as 99% of other sporting clubs would have? NO. We came up with a plan to save his pride and reputation as well as allowing us to train up a favorite son in the coaching game. Malthouse has much to be grateful to the CFC for NOT the other way around.

Have these Melbourne flogs forgotten they just got smashed by the second biggest margin in VFL/AFL history? They're acting pretty smarmy considering. No coach is going to manage to turn it around for them, Malthouse or otherwise, especially once Scully leaves. Mick knows it'll be a 5+ year job at least to get them into contention, he doesn't have that long.

You haven't had a high paying coach in the last 10 years or more. Seriously Bailey?? Daniher?? And wasn't it some no name flog before that?

Now you have all this secret money lying around to lure MM :p Lets face it if Lyon would take the job it would be another untried coach for your club.

I love the way people assume Mick will just roll into Melbourne in it's current position as a rabble, and suddenly have them in flag contention within a year.

Melbourne don't have Collingwood's resources, and by the looks of it, Melbourne won't give Malthouse the total 100% control of the club that he essentially had at Collingwood.

It took him 11 years. ELEVEN years to win a flag with unlimited resources and complete control of the club, but somehow it's going to take far less (at 60 years old), to get a fractured rabble to win a flag?

Christ some people are dense.

I DOUBLE DARE Mick Malthouse to leave and start over at Melbourne, ESPECIALLY without Derek Hine and David Buttifant there with him. It's going ot take him 2 or 3 years just to set up his coaching crew. Then another 2-3 to develop and mould the list the way he likes it.

Seriously guys, if he wants to go, let him go. But he's smarter than that. He won't leave. At some point he'll realise it's not worth risking what is now an almost perfect reputation at 60 years old, when he can sit back, relax, take a massive pay cheque and basically take all the credit for anything good Buckley does for the next 3 years.

I'll say again, a part of me hopes he IS silly enough to leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone Else Want Malthouse to Coach Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back