Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this a time trial for the up to four year players ?

Seems odd no Greenwood, Crisp in the pack?

Obviously many grains of salt to be taken with these, but pretty please with Lynch, Murphy, Sier, Quaynor on those numbers.

Is this a time trial for the up to four year players ?

Seems odd no Greenwood, Crisp in the pack?
I thought that all players should have been included today. Full training started today.

Not surprising that some of these guys might be ahead at present given they've been training for a couple of weeks.

Pretty impressive gap from Phillips to the next.

Not a complete surprise for me with Lynch. He certainly stood out for his efforts on Friday as I noted in my training observations. Murphy's good performance also a sign of his development and really only doing only his second full pre-season ever given his cricket background.

Neither Greenwood or Crisp were training on Friday. Perhaps their first hit out today if they even ran it.

I thought that all players should have been included today. Full training started today.

Not surprising that some of these guys might be ahead at present given they've been training for a couple of weeks.

Pretty impressive gap from Phillips to the next.

Not a complete surprise for me with Lynch. He certainly stood out for his efforts on Friday as I noted in my training observations. Murphy's good performance also a sign of his development and really only doing only his second full pre-season ever given his cricket background.

Neither Greenwood or Crisp were training on Friday. Perhaps their first hit out today if they even ran it.

I'm pretty sure that both Murphy and Stephenson ran better times last year.

Seems that was an all in time trial though likely not everyone was in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crisp and Levi stood on the other side of the fence and watched but didn’t train. Wells didn’t train. Goldy ran laps but then didn’t train otherwise. Dunn wasn’t there . But shaz was out there running laps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Holy hell, anyone know what Sier's previous times have been? Looks like the tank-building might be paying off.

Tommy is the time trial king. Those numbers all look pretty good but the name that jumps off the page at me there is Max Lynch coming in 2nd. Pretty impressive for a guy of 200cm.

4.44.79 is world record for the 2,000 I believe Hicham El Guerrouj

Not to shabby young Tom

Will be very keen to see how the 2nd-4th year players go. In particular to see how Nathan Murphy performed considering how tall he is atm.
Might be close to record time for a guy 7 foot tall, terrific by him.

At last good news about Reid also the word is Keane is 1 to watch quite a bit of natural ability,is he key position size he looks close to it.
Thanks for the report mate and all your efforts last season it is really good to be able read your reports on big footy.
I would love to see Reid slot into the Fullback position, IMHO an upgrade on Dunn. I'm a fan of Dunn

I'm pretty sure that both Murphy and Stephenson ran better times last year.
We started back a training later this season as a GF participant. I would anticipate that makes a difference.
Still, it seems so many of our players really didn't participate today. Both absolute times and relative placings possibly don't mean as much.

We started back a training later this season as a GF participant. I would anticipate that makes a difference.
Still, it seems so many of our players really didn't participate today. Both absolute times and relative placings possibly don't mean as much.

Yep. Plus last year, both of them probably did some pre-draft camp training for these sort of events and then would have kept up their training loads in order to try to impress at their new club.

Holy hell, anyone know what Sier's previous times have been? Looks like the tank-building might be paying off.
That's the one that stood out for me. Hopefully it turns into greater game-time for him. Really excited about Sier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back