Australia v India, 1st Test at Adelaide Oval Dec 6-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you can lose wickets to poor shots but what we have done this Test is beyond the palr.

Ball tampering at the time was a fine or a one Test suspension. Why did CA have to make heroes of themselves and suspend Smith etc for a year. Surely the last SA Test, UAE Series, England ODI Series and a huge fine would've been enough. The whole saga has sucked the life out of the side.

We're good blokes not though...lol.

Khawaja demonstrating that he doesn’t have the discipline and mental strength to be a reliable Test cricketer. Such an unnecessary, reckless shot.
But we know that demonstrably isn't true, at least in regards to mental strength. You don't play the sort of knock he did in the UAE without having reserves of mental strength.

The issue I see is seemingly picking and choosing when to really apply himself. Which is more a discipline problem.

Have to take on the pace attack here and play natural shots as we have been in our shells this whole test as eventually the spinners will get us out if we keep the conservative mind approach.

Honestly this batting lineup is the worst i have seen for over 15 years. :(

I seriously doubt we make 400+ this whole test series no matter where it is played.
It’s the worst I’ve ever seen both statistically and performance wise and I’ve been watching since the Ashes of 1982/83.

But we know that demonstrably isn't true, at least in regards to mental strength. You don't play the sort of knock he did in the UAE without having reserves of mental strength.

The issue I see is seemingly picking and choosing when to really apply himself. Which is more a discipline problem.

I think the two are intertwined. For him to pick and choose when to apply himself shows a lack of real fight, perseverance and therefore true mental strength for mine. And in inability to consistently be able to concentrate for long periods, not that he was out in the middle for too long on this occasion. So disappointing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia v India, 1st Test at Adelaide Oval Dec 6-10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back