Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

The only one shitting themselves was Jake, rushed every disposal he had. Noway you can spin that as an acceptable performance.
Definitely a poor game but a poor game from Stringer is 100x better than a poor game from a lot of forwards

Who Roughead and Hodge?
Not even Dicko's mum thinks he's in their league. He's a very good player but not a champion.

What? Dicko is one of the most accurate goal kickers in the league, definitely Hawthorn league, he would have been the difference today.

Not this one. I'd have preferred Redpath out there.
I certainly think Stringer got to a lot more contests than Redpath would. Either way I still have memories of Liam Jones not getting near a single contest in about a half of football on more than one occasion so maybe that's affecting my judgement.

Stringer was beaten by his opponent today, but not once did he drop his head. Still gave it his all, just didn't happen for him today. Definitely has a world of credits in the bank.

I agree with MD, and go easy on string, was getting sky balls all night.
Stringer is a ******* champion
The reason he was getting sky balls all night was because he wouldn't lead. He'd hang behind his man pointing out the back.
Way too many ball watchers here.

If anyone thinks hamling was next to useless then they seriously need to re watch that game. Sh!t call

Go back and watch the contested marks the Hawks took in the forward line especially McEvoys

He tried to mark the ball over the top of him 3 times and could have punched on every occasion.

But I guess we just look at the fluffy stuff and not the important things that you learn when your 12 PUNCH FROM BEHIND

Go back and watch the contested marks the Hawks took in the forward line especially McEvoys

He tried to mark the ball over the top of him 3 times and could have punched on every occasion.

But I guess we just look at the fluffy stuff and not the important things that you learn when your 12 PUNCH FROM BEHIND
The number of genuinely great acts he did massively outnumber the mistakes he made. He was one of our best players. Not even close to one of the worst on ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The number of genuinely great acts he did massively outnumber the mistakes he made. He was one of our best players. Not even close to one of the worst on ground.

One of our best?

Wow people watch footy differently don't they

Guess that's why we love it mate

Toby McLean is a cheat

I can't stand how he ducks and lifts his arms

I have sh!t canned Selwood for it for years and will not be a hypocrite.

And "other blokes do it why shouldn't he" isn't an excuse and a pathetic response.

Totally agree with this. Macrae does it as well. Was listening to 3AW and apparently some of the players practice it regularly during the week. It's just shit. Matty Lloyd said its crap to watch as well.

The issue is with the rule makers at AFL house though. They have insisted since everyone started making a lot of noise around the Selwood brothers that they won't change the rule to stop this crap happening so they are basically endorsing it which means it will get worse before it gets better. It's a blight on the game and I just don't get why they won't recognise that..

We are goin places.......but if we get there without murff....... i dont know right now. Seriously. Footy gods? Why? 5 games away from 300.
And 20 sec to the end of the match. So cruel. I don't think there is anyone in the football world that has a bad word against Murphy.

Awesome game. It was our experience perhaps that got us over the line. Best wishes for 2016. See you in the finals.

Good match in the end though both teams lost concentration at times. Neither of us played at our best you feel, hope Murphy gets the all clear and both teams play at full strength against each other in the year (and we don't get Razor Ray again).

Hamling had 4 marks and 9 1%s. Morris 6 marks and 6 1%s, Adams 15 marks and 7 1%s.
Long story short he spoiled the most out of our key defenders. And by a long way if you look at ratio of marks to spoils.

Thought he was pretty good today MD.
He is every bit as good a ruckman as Roughy.

Sorry KH but I respectfully disagree, Roughy takes contested marks around the ground, Boyd doesn't take marks full stop.

That first and last quarter wasn't a poor performance? You can't get by every week playing two quarters. It's pretty shithouse and needs to be addressed.
They weren't great but it's more a bigger picture thing. Heck, even the best teams don't put 4 quarter performances every week. We are building to where we need to be, we aren't there yet. I tend to look at things from the positive angle. Such as 'we nearly beat the best team in the comp playing two quarters of footy'. There's certainly plenty to work on but I've never been more confident we'll get there.

Coming out of the ground, I couldn't really handle the clapping and optimism of the Bulldogs supporters. I may feel like it was a good effort in a couple of days, but I'm bloody outraged right now. Let it hurt, and don't accept it.
Yep. I'm not saying it wasn't a good effort, or that we haven't demonstrated after this we're not a premiership threat (because we didn't get outclassed)... and one goal one way or another maybe getting helped by the umps a bit more probably doesn't make a difference to our premiership aspirations this year one way or another. But to think that fans can be happy with what would have been an emotional win, with all its benefits for the club, after dominating fundamental facets of the game (inside 50's, scoring shots and contested possessions) that's a mindset we've got to change out of. We must accept that we should have won that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back