Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Hamling McLean Stringer and Jong were next to useless today.

Wood comes in for Jong
Dunkley back in for McLean
Adcock in for Murphy
Hamling and Stringer get another chance

Seriously, we absolutely smashed them in every last statistic. Contested ball, clearances, inside 50's, just everything. We played out of our skin but we couldn't kill the game off against a seasoned side.

Inexperience is what it comes down to.. As soon as the kids learn to play with composure themselves, not hurry handballs to players under pressure and can learn to pick off our players in better position, we'll be alright..

Whilst the loss is annoying, we're 2-0-1 with 19 games to go..

Terrible first and last quarter. We haven't played more than 2.5 good quarters in any game so far. If we don't learn how to play 3+ Quarters of good football every week we won't get across the line come finals.

Could see that last mark and goal coming from a mile off. Not one of our players picked up on it. We showed terrible awareness in that regard throughout the game, letting them get several open men forward of the ball on a number of occasions. You can't win against good teams by gifting them easy goals they don't give you at the other end.

Stringer was poor all game. Cost us goals with really bad decisions and disposal. I hope he's gutted and comes back right on his game next week.

Our decision-making forward of centre can be very poor. We're routinely in two minds and pass when we should shoot and vice versa. We blew several scoring opportunities with poor disposal on the break.

We do everything else so well, like dominating in the guts for huge patches, but waste it with ineffectual delivery or allowing our opposition sleazy goals all game.

So close, but still so far.

Great to see Dahlhaus and Daniel stand up against good opposition. We competed with the best without our "stars" having a big influence.

Shows we need more dangerous third forward. Dickson hopefully. In a final, defenses can lock down any one guy if that is their sole focus.

Looked like Hawthorn made a point of standing off and intercepting Libba's release handballs rather than three guys charging in to tackle him.

Go Dogs

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Wood comes in for Jong
Adcock in for Murphy
McLean didn't get much of it but still kicked two crucial goals.

****en shattered. No justice with bob going down. Can't even describe how i feel. I should be happy, we proved we have arrived, but i can't find any joy in that at all.

Wood comes in for Jong
Adcock in for Murphy
MD you must have missed that superb ruck knock out goal assist by
the great Jong4Ruck 2016 to Mitch Wallis in the 3rd quarter. ;)

I love stringer but can't remember him playing worse than that. Dahlhaus was immense but none of it really matters does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although Stringer had a bad day we cant forget how many times the ball was bombed in, in hope of a mark. Hawthorn are always going to keep coming, its up to the kids to learn how to ride the storm.

Mattdougie was right it was 21 vs 22.
But Mattdougie was wrong the odd man out was Jake ****ing Stringer. Might as well not have ****ing shown up.

We'll never get Hawthorn weaker. But we crumbled in the last and gave up a four kick lead in minutes and then compounded it by getting our nose in front only to allow a cheap uncontested mark to win it.

We aren't contenders, and we will never be until we learn to put weakened teams away and bury their face in it. And now it looks like we'll have to do it without Bob. You can all have your pats on the back for the good effort, but I'll be over here spewing up.

Inexperience is what it comes down to.. As soon as the kids learn to play with composure themselves, not hurry handballs to players under pressure and can learn to pick off our players in better position, we'll be alright..

Whilst the loss is annoying, we're 2-0-1 with 19 games to go..
Certainly has the feel of a premiership winning formula doesn't it?

Certainly has the feel of a premiership winning formula doesn't it?

not without more tweaking.. Wood out, down Dickson & Crameri.. We're struggling to kick goals ATM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy thread Dogs v Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back