Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just a nobody, but I don't think the loss will hurt the player's mindset longterm, or even short term tbh. It ****ing sucks, but the review will hammer home just how good they can be but how important composure and commitment are. We dropped our heads for half the quarter but once we steadied we actually took the lead back near the end before Collingwood's last goal, and then almost took it back THREE times in the final moments: Tucker's miss, Non 50 to Scott, Fisher's miss.

Don't need to play the blame game, but Clarko can clearly point to the whiteboard and illustrate that if we never got scared early in the 4th we could have won, if we got lucky (paint the umpiring as being the luck of the draw :rolleyes:) we could have won, if we had been more composed at the death we could have won. Hell, he could also (rightly or wrongly) say that if he coached better (WillPhil sub?) we could have won. Ultimately the game was winnable, and where it went wrong was obvious and that means the path to fixing that is obvious too. Today's 1 point loss is next years 30 point win if everyone addresses the issues and works hard.

Oh, and this week's kangalotto is a dart tournament, but we got some dodgy dartboards that for some unknown reason have the umpires faces on them.
This^

I got over my anger pretty quick (doesn’t change anything and the same umps will be umpiring next week) as I only saw positives. There are so many positives and ‘learnings’ to take out of today. We absolutely bullied the crap out of the pies for most of the game. The fitness and experience is building.

It has been a very long time since I slated one of our losses down to the umpires.
Collingwoods gamesmanship is superior to anyone else in the league.

Collingwood footballers are AFL umpires. The game is geared for these campaigners. They are the south americans to soccer as Collingwood are to the afl

It's been almost four hours since the loss and I'm still not over that loss and I'm waiting for First Crack to start (it was supposed to start at 7.30) to see what Kingy and Joey think of the game and I'm having to sit through almost half hour of the worst show I've ever seen in my life. Bounce is so insipid I would be embarrassed to be a part of it. In fact, I'm embarrassed to say I've now watched almost 30 minutes of this crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Scott touched the ball shouldn’t have been a goal.

2. N.Daicos didn’t dispose of the ball correctly

3. Should have been 50 meters
You didn't mention the other obvious ones. There were plenty. We were shafted. I'd like to see somebody do a full game analysis (they would probably conclude that a head high touch on Sidebottom's shiny dome was also missed in the last quarter and that makes up for all of the above).

Umpire probably would have called for a review and said it was touched.

That last 5 minutes was some of the most diabolical umpiring, bordering on cheating.

Everyone in the ground sees Sidebottom throw it in front of our goal. Hey they let it go. They then doubled down by ignoring the 50 to Scott.

My favourite decision of the day was when LDU slips, goes to ground and handballs it, but it’s called holding the ball…… WTF?!?!
I had clear vision of that one from level 2. He definitely handballed.

Disgraceful, shambolic umpiring across the game - well documented already.

Our pressure being above 200 and smashing them in contested ball for the first half was outstanding. Obviously we fatigued again but our best is very impressive. Clarko is right, we have to keep showing that. And once we take a few more strength and conditioning steps, we'll be hard to beat.

Stephenson coming on, and then unable to do the one thing he is meant to be good at, with a horrible attempt on goal.
That was when I lost hope. And we were six goals up.
Yep, that was exactly when I went to mow the lawn, too. Pathetic little dribbler of a kick that barely travelled 30 metres. Nailing opportunities like that is what we pay him for. A total non-clutch performer ….

Every metric of the game but the end scoreboard. Thats stiff as ****.. we won everything but the FK count, we were dominated in that area
The I50 efficiency is the interesting one given how accurate the goal kicking appears on paper. Collingwood are a tough side with strong intercept defending, so lowering the eyes is critical to longer term success. That's a learned behaviour.

Given the youth missing today, reckon your timing will be decent given the Tassie entrance in a few years time.

Paul Curtis is under-rated.

The I50 efficiency is the interesting one given how accurate the goal kicking appears on paper. Collingwood are a tough side with strong intercept defending, so lowering the eyes is critical to longer term success. That's a learned behaviour.

Given the youth missing today, reckon your timing will be decent given the Tassie entrance in a few years time.

Paul Curtis is under-rated.
The timing couldn’t be any better. You’re right.

We have one legitimate inside 50 target with a rookie playing the second tall. Doing a reasonable job thus far.. incredibly competitive at AFL level which is all you can ask for with a free hit.

We are incredibly inexperienced. Theres a few on here saying its not good enough. A 54 point turn around is not the same as that 10 goal turnaround in 2001. 2001 we had a full matured team, that was horrendous. This, today was also horrendous but theres reasons why it happened.

Kangas were stiff today. I said we’d either win or lose the game off the flanks. And to be honest, the last 40 minutes of the game the half back line from collingwood turned it on.

They are depleted from their midfield, they have outs from centre to forward but their backline/half back line is full squad and they are really ****ing good off that point. Also lets not divert from the fact, they were assisted heavily with that non 50m call..

but also, in hindsight, Tommy Powell should never have picked that ball up to give a 50m and goal. Roundabouts.

We were our own worst enemy today but there is really good signa

The two most controversial late non-decisions saw Gerard Healy offering the umpires an out both times but even he was really unconvincing and you could almost tell a little bit of his soul dying with each weak excuse that he was forced to offer up.
Gerard Healy has a soul?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back