Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

tbh Collingwood were the worst team for us to have in that position. Most teams would just put up the white flag and set their sights on next week, but they know they can win from any position and we imploded due to their pressure. Even though it was heartbreaking, there were plenty of positives for the players to take from the game and there's no reason why they can't beat the brakes off Melbourne next week. I mean, Hawthorn coughed up a similar lead against a significantly lesser team than Collingwood and they're flying now.
With respect we did enough to hang on. Just not enough to hang on AND overcome the umpires.

As soon as the senior players were getting the lion share of the possessions, we were cooked.

Corr, McDonald, Tucker, Fisher.

Just all pants shitters.
This is true x 1000

Each of these players repeatedly cost us games through capitulating to the remotest perceived pressure, resulting in hack kicks and turnovers at the worst possible moments. Momentum killers each of them while our younger players lead the way. Absolutely embarrassing. If we had any other options McDonald should never play again. To think we could have selected Patrick Cripps in that draft ahead of him is a knife to the guts. Corr has been a little better of late, but today a shocker. Back to giving away multiple, needless frees. Fisher’s kick in the last between two free North players under no pressure also caused me to self combust. Killed us. To make such a catastrophic error at that point in time sums up the general composure of our senior players under pressure. Tucker another who offers us nothing except running.

I’m just devastated we lost that game today. The excitement of the first two and a bit quarters incredible and a euphoria I’ve not felt for a long time. A lot of pride in our boys and optimism for what lies ahead but f*** some of our senior players need to be moved on. How do you lose a game after being 54 points up? Brought back to me very, very dark memories of the day we lost to * after being 60 odd points up. Some PTSD for many of those 99 premiership players we had up in the stands today.

Big shout out to WilPhill. Loved his game today.

It's been almost four hours since the loss and I'm still not over that loss and I'm waiting for First Crack to start (it was supposed to start at 7.30) to see what Kingy and Joey think of the game and I'm having to sit through almost half hour of the worst show I've ever seen in my life. Bounce is so insipid I would be embarrassed to be a part of it. In fact, I'm embarrassed to say I've now watched almost 30 minutes of this crap.
I do not understand how bounce has viewers. I could not agree more with you, its a joke of a show.

Super annoyed that we lost, BUT, gee we played great for a majority of the match. Exciting to watch, skilful, quick, energy was way up, tackles and pressure were excellent. Hate that we lost, but I’m now - for the first time this season - hopeful about our chances in some of the upcoming matches. The boys have some confidence in themselves and it shows. Bring on Melbourne!

Up until when I saw that clip I was annoyed and probably just a bit frustrated. Now I am upset and bloody angry. These are all clutch decisions and every one is obvious. I feel like smashing my keyboard to pieces now and that would piss me off as it's my favourite keyboard.

Up until when I saw that clip I was annoyed and probably just a bit frustrated. Now I am upset and bloody angry. These are all clutch decisions and every one is obvious. I feel like smashing my keyboard to pieces now and that would piss me off as it's my favourite keyboard.
You need to invest in some shit keyboards for nights like this.

Once wardlaw and co get the tanks to go whole games watch out.

I had to drive 800km today so watched the reply and managed to avoid spoilers. Even though we lost, i still enjoyed it.

1st quarter was some of the best football we have played. Ruined by Aiden "dumb free kick" Corr.

In fact it was Corr, McDonald, Scott, Tucker and Fisher who lost us that game with poor decisions, frees against and just dunping the ball on the boot when collingwood felt free to use us as stepladders.

Umpiring was beyond atrocious. But let's be real. We gave up a 9 goal lead.

A couple of points from Joey and Kingy on The First Crack

• Joey was rather pointed about the subbing of Phillips and effect that Nick Daicos had on the game on the fourth quarter. He mentioned other players including Pink, Dawson and Corr that could have been subbed off if Clarko wanted more run in the final quarter. He said it had a massive baring on the final result.
  • Kingy was even more pointed about our over 25yo players and whether they could have done more in the fourth, and whether they are worth perservering with if they are not contributing at clutch moments. I thought he summed it up well with this comment, "Don't be restrained by the aging players, the kids were brilliant, go past them, just cut the cord and go past them and if you can't toe the line and you can't stand up in big moments just step through them... If the senior core players are going to let you down, I'm more than comfortable to play debutants or kids that have under 20 games, because ultimately, they will be giving you same anyway.
  • Both Kingy and Joey said that first half performance was one of the best performances they have seen by any team this season. Kingy thought it was our best half of football for 15 years.
  • Joey was rather bouyed by that performance and thinks improvement might come a little quicker than many believe, especially if we can play like we did in the first half more consistently.

Now I'm going to do what Kingy is going to do and watch the first half twice and go bed to believing we won by 96 points. :D

Ralphy going hard on the frees/missed 50s tonight. Does he normally go this hard?
Not sure but glad the crap umpiring we have put up with all year is finally being highlighted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did it happen right in front you?
I see what you did there, well done. But if you’re seriously asking which one are you referring too - the Dawson free kick the AFL said was a free kick that didn’t get paid, the Rankine running too far that was line ball that got paid or the robbery that happened today in front of the Kangaroos faithful?

Anyone who has Twitter go on ‘footy on nine’ and look at the segment about the Collingwood vs North game.

In the last 10 mins We were absolutely ROBBED! 4 clear decisions gone against us all in scoring positions.

Absolute disgrace and the club should put the pressure on the AFL like Adelaide did last year.

I want them to hurt some of these Collingwood dogs next time we play them. **** this free ride they get.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The * comeback game…

Geez…what about the Kerridge Game

That still burns the worst for me

dog GIF

I am not talking about staging, but always asking the umpires for a free kick, why a HTB or 50 was not paid, etc.

I don't like it either, but that is what professional sports teams do. If the AFL don't like it, they have the power to stop it, but until they do, we need to be working the umpires.
Stop it? They are actually encouraging it by continually give him free kicks for what is staging.

They can actually see it on the 100 replays, yet they keep paying it again and again.

As I said their was a witch hunt on Lindsay Thomas to the point where he got nothing and I can tell you he never staged as much as Daicos.

The * comeback game…

Geez…what about the Kerridge Game

That still burns the worst for me

dog GIF
Yeah that one is clearly worse to me. We were good enough to finish top 4 in 2013, competed with the best sides but dropped too many games we should've won.

I found round 9 in 2015 to be infinitely more traumatic than today. At least we had the excuse of being the youngest team in the competition today. What sort of excuse did a team in the middle of a supposed premiership window have?

Absolutely shattered. Had to leave at 3qt due to another commitment. Only reading this thread and seeing what I missed in the final qtr I'm furious and Absolutely disgusted. I thought the umpiring in the 3rd was bad enough but the 4th is taking the piss. High time the club makes a Stand and says enough is enough. Even the vfl it's the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back