Autopsy Autopsy vs Collingwood aka the Great Pain Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Not generally one to speculate but there was too much fishy in that 2nd half going on. 6 or 7 goals from direct frees?
Only 2 called our way and blatant ones ignored.

Lose that game and Collingwood are a real danger to miss the Top 8.

Win that game and look where they sit now- just below the old enemy in 3rd position. Prime time final that for AFL house $$$$.
I counted 4... but yeah, 7 sounds better for the story!

A few weeks ago they were reviewing shots that went directly above the goal umpire's head. There were accusations leveled that they were hunting to play those crypto ads at every opportunity. The AFL say EVERY goal is reviewed. Bartel mentioned it on whatever show he is on tonight that they don't. I have no insight into the capability of Laura Kane so I will not comment on her, but the person who specifically chose to not hold up the game to review that goal (or the people if more than one were involved) must be dealt with - severely.

This game is funded heavily by the gambling industry. A lot of money is bet on outcomes and on other aspects within matches. Incompetence cannot be tolerated. If they say that every goal is reviewed then they are either lying or somebody chose to defy that condition. Somebody has to be accountable for that.
Exactly, I've got no idea how being on the AFL gets the tick? Even stuff like not knowing the last 1/3 of the ****ing roster until halfway through the season.

Reduce the game times and play every team twice in a season or just play each team once, alternating home vs away.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think another thing is clear after today.

With Colby being injured and Sheezel moving fwd/mid, it’s proven we don’t need one or even any of them playing out of position at half back.

Colby back and into the midfield rotation is going to be a massive injection into this side with some of the clearance dominance we’ve had the last month.

McKercher’s pace and linebreaking ability in some of that ball movement today…

The notion that, somehow, Corr, Lmac, Fisher and Tucker were responsible for us losing today is so wrongheaded that I cannot believe I have to write it here. I am 10,000% certain that Clarko doesn’t believe that. For the last few weeks (and today) Corr has been playing like a schoolmaster in our defence. He’s been massive. LMac and Fisher were very good today. Tucker is underwhelming, I agree. I cursed Fisher at the time he messed up the kick-in. Pure and simple, our team couldn’t keep it going for long enough and suffered from blatant non-decisions by the umpires. The turning point was the 50 metre penalty against Powell late in the third. We had them on toast in that play and should have scored instead of conceding. That gave Collingwood the sniff they needed. They’ve come from 5 goals behind at 3 quarter time before. That was the moment I knew we’d lose. I can’t say a bad word against any of our players today - except, maybe, Stevo who was totally ineffective when he came on. He gave us nothing. He’s not the type of player you want to be bringing on when you’re trying to shore things up, unfortunately. The best news is, we’re back as a competitive unit.
Caracas I would like your take on when LMac is very very bad? 9 touches at 33% and only 1 contested. Should be dropped after that performance, but seems to be a sacred cow.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.png
    IMG_1654.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 18
I was waiting for the square ups.

They. Never. Came.

And then the last 5 minutes of non-calls. Again the AFL wants us to respect umpires so that they dont cop abuse at community level.
Don't worry about community level. There was 6 f***ing games of footy on this weekend. 33% less.
And this group of umps are the best we've got in the talent pool? Give me a f***ing break.

Name and shame the lot of them. Pay the free kicks that are there. Not because said player is a star, or your worried about the crowd.
This shit is not good enough. campaigners
lol

So that contest where Fordy get his legs taken out from under him?
The one where Zurhaar gets pushed into him? Yeh it was Quaynor that pushed him.

4 of these ********ers out there. 4.
And all 4 missed this blatant push.

Embarrassing officials. Embarrassing result. Embarrassing competition. It is WWE.

Each and every time I forget that, shit like today reminds how fixed this whole sport is.

Last edited:
Caracas I would like your take on when LMac is very very bad? 9 touches at 33% and only 1 contested. Should be dropped after that performance, but seems to be a sacred cow.
Five turnovers from nine possessions.

I mean, what the **** is that.

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** IS THAT?

The notion that, somehow, Corr, Lmac, Fisher and Tucker were responsible for us losing today is so wrongheaded that I cannot believe I have to write it here. I am 10,000% certain that Clarko doesn’t believe that. For the last few weeks (and today) Corr has been playing like a schoolmaster in our defence. He’s been massive. LMac and Fisher were very good today. Tucker is underwhelming, I agree. I cursed Fisher at the time he messed up the kick-in. Pure and simple, our team couldn’t keep it going for long enough and suffered from blatant non-decisions by the umpires. The turning point was the 50 metre penalty against Powell late in the third. We had them on toast in that play and should have scored instead of conceding. That gave Collingwood the sniff they needed. They’ve come from 5 goals behind at 3 quarter time before. That was the moment I knew we’d lose. I can’t say a bad word against any of our players today - except, maybe, Stevo who was totally ineffective when he came on. He gave us nothing. He’s not the type of player you want to be bringing on when you’re trying to shore things up, unfortunately. The best news is, we’re back as a competitive unit.

Well David King certainly believes it and stated as much after spending most of the day sitting with the likes of Pagan and Adam Simpson.

Well David King certainly believes it.
I said it to my relos that the ‘senior’ blokes were having too much (negative) influence on the play towards the end of the third and at the start of the last.

They completely shat themselves.

The match day commentators are obviously instructed to say nothing negative (or virtually nothing) about umpiring decisions or non decisions.
This has been openly stated by the media/commentators before. It's been AFL instruction for a while, because they don't want to show people heavily criticizing umpires on the broadcast and then the general public carrying that attitude into the lower leagues where their are umpire retainment issues.

This is the vision I was after. Terrible call. I was thinking wtf happened on the field as I missed this push live.
So have to ask? 4 umpires. WHERE THE **** ARE THEY.

I knew the fix was on. But this shit isnt good enough. Someone needs to come out and let rip at the AFL and the umpires.
We need to show a f***in backbone.

Ralphy going hard on the frees/missed 50s tonight. Does he normally go this hard?

Nope. It was the only game on in Melbourne today. Everyone in footy media was either watching on, or was there. And the bullshit non-calls were just too obvious.
1 or 2? Fair enough. But 4, 5, 6 of them?? Come on

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll do the AFL's job for them and attempt to justify those four:

Sidebottom throw - thought it was "knocked out in the tackle"

Daicos HTB - it's Nick Daicos, he's a gun, he MUST'VE handballed it - if that was a Harvey Harrison/Lachie Sullivan type, it's more likely being paid (if the black stripe on his jumper is swapped for a blue one, its definitely being paid)

Quaynor throw - this one's easy, Quaynor just happened to execute one of the best opposite-handed long handballs the games ever seen

Non 50 to Scott - ??? (Scott likely makes the ump's mind up for him by playing on, which I don't blame him for doing to take the territory and get it into a deeper and more dangerous spot)

To me complaining about umpiring when we've coughed up a nine goal lead feels a little hollow but it's somewhat nice to feel an actual sting of losing a game we should've won compared to the indifference and emptiness most of our losses the last couple of years have brought.

That’s what I was exactly saying. If it was Daicos he would have bleated until they gave him what he wanted.

FFS they paid him a free after he tries to fend off, he quickly plays on to advantage and then decided he didn’t see anything he liked and put his hand up and demanded they let him go back and take the kick.

I’ve never seen the player who gets paid the free take the advatange and then stop 5 seconds later and have it taken back. It’s only when another player takes the ball as they haven’t realised a free has been paid. He knew it was paid, played on and then decided he wanted to go back. Incompetence of the highest order.
They want Daicos to be the LeBron James of the AFL so they will give him all the tools to make that happen.

That includes Brownlow Medals and Norm Smiths.

Put my house on it he gets 3 votes in this game come Brownlow night even though he was nullified for 3 quarters.

The economic windfall to have ‘brand’ players from the big clubs is straight out of the NBA and NFL handbook.

To give you some perspective though of how much what happened today is unanimous & noticed by the neutral supporter... I had 3 AFL mates - a Crows, a Richmond & a Carlton supporter message me with how bullshit it was and how much the Roo's got rooted.

To put that into context, that is the most amount of people i have had message me about Nth Melbourne since Wayne Carey snogged Stevens wife in Archers dunny.

To give you some perspective though of how much what happened today is unanimous & noticed by the neutral supporter... I had 3 AFL mates - a Crows, a Richmond & a Carlton supporter message me with how bullshit it was and how much the Roo's got rooted.

To put that into context, that is the most amount of people i have had message me about Nth Melbourne since Wayne Carey snogged Stevens wife in Archers dunny.
Pies fans will tell you it’s because everyone hates them…

S**t there is some end of the world posters I’ve never seen before in here, going full nuffy. I love it.
Acting like there is no coming back from this, or that it will f**k the playing group. Hawks did the same thing before going on a dominant run. Usually s**t like this is forgotten by the time the dees game is here.

People bringing up 2001. Jesus Christ that was 23 years ago. We have have over 30-40 other heartbreaks since, like every club on the planet.
2001 was brought up because - just like today - it was an embarrassment.

The effort today was incredible and the football, a thing of beauty for three quarters. The way most of our players cracked in was incredible, and they would be shattered by the result. But at the end of the day, we had multiple opportunities to ice the game and we shat the bed, after being in front by 54.

We can realise that it’s all “part of the process” and we have a young team, but the reality is that Collingwood and large portion of the afl world would be laughing at us. It’s another reason for them to, just like Essendon would have been 23 years ago when we played the best footy ever seen against the rampaging premiers for a quarter only to cough up the biggest lead in league history.

Had to come on here as I’m really struggling with the result today I’m genuinely guttered I feel for the players today. They outworked Collingwood for 3 Quaters today I just hope their confidence is not shot after today game. It’s going to be a worry going forward after leading by 9 goals.

To be fair.....Everyone does hate them
Journey Of Course GIF

Everyone at the game knew the fix was on as soon as the third quarter started.

Both side paid 10 Free Kicks up to half time and h then they go on a rampage in the third paying Collingwood free kick after free kick. Most of them flops by Collingwood players.

You still shouldn’t lose that game at that margin, but the umpires gave Collingwood every chance they could to get into the contest and they walked through the door.

If that game is umpired to the standard that should be expected of this level, the game was over.

2 free kicks against Collingwood in a half of footy tells the story. Especially when the media shows 4 infringements in the last minutes of the game that were just ignored.

It’s getting harder to take that tin foil hat off with the way AFL games are getting decided these days.

In the end, it’s better to be robbed of a win this year when we are fighting for one more elite draft picks than in a few years time when we are fighting for premierships.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back