Autopsy Pain v Godeez

Remove this Banner Ad

They’re applauding the competitiveness.
Not the loss.

I’m so happy we can start to feel proud of this team again.

As a North supporter living in Adelaide, I haven’t had this many texts (over the last two weeks) since our 2014/15 finals runs.

I hate that we lost, but I also applaud the effort.

They’re applauding the competitiveness.
Not the loss.

I’m so happy we can start to feel proud of this team again.

As a North supporter living in Adelaide, I haven’t had this many texts (over the last two weeks) since our 2014/15 finals runs.

I hate that we lost, but I also applaud the effort.

Fair

Also, a massive shout-out to the fans who were there. Not a huge crowd, 28K, but on a cold night between a team who's going bottom 2 for the fifth year, and one full of premiership players aiming for finals for the fourth straight year it was OK.

Funny thing was, the fans who were loudest and probably highest in number were for the bottom team. It was very enjoyable down the city end where it was almost exclusively North.
Mate, it was freezing.

It hurts more now. Last week, this week. Killing me. Im ageing faster
Tell me about it! when this all clicks together, and it will, trust me, it will be like you've found the fountain of youth!
Fountain Of Youth GIF

Dunno about that, we have FINALLY found a small quick defender to go with those types that normally shred us. Only taken us 15 years.
Have to admit i didn't think he was quick enough for it. Thats not to say i didnt think he could become a player for us.

Whilst the loss hurt I left the game last night buoyed by the comeback albeit just falling short at the end. I would much prefer to be a North supporter than Dees at this time as we are the little red train wagon going up the hill "i think I can!" The Dees however are on the other side of the curve, their absolute best is behind them and whilst they will be very competitive there will be a gradual decline in their ageing stars and then a significant drop off. As our self belief as a team grows our curve will continue in an upward trend. I am absolutely confident of this now, and it is the youngsters that we have brought in over the last two off seasons that gives me this confidence. The will to win that is innate in Georgie and Sheez will drag the rest of the group along for the ride. Seriously, why would LDU and Zurrhar want to get off this ride now. Fun times ahead for us kanga supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst the loss hurt I left the game last night buoyed by the comeback albeit just falling short at the end. I would much prefer to be a North supporter than Dees at this time as we are the little red train wagon going up the hill "i think I can!" The Dees however are on the other side of the curve, their absolute best is behind them and whilst they will be very competitive there will be a gradual decline in their ageing stars and then a significant drop off. As our self belief as a team grows our curve will continue in an upward trend. I am absolutely confident of this now, and it is the youngsters that we have brought in over the last two off seasons that gives me this confidence. The will to win that is innate in Georgie and Sheez will drag the rest of the group along for the ride. Seriously, why would LDU and Zurrhar want to get off this ride now. Fun times ahead for us kanga supporters.
It was great, but keep in mind they're missing their best mid. Take LDU, Sheezel or Wardlaw out of last nights team theres no chance we're that close.
We need to get better again, and we will.

View attachment 2027729
We were a bit younger. A season younger in games, GoDees had 9 players over 150 games

That's what you look for on age. Nine 150 game players to our two. Solid leaders, premiership players, All-Australians who have played together for a decade vs Luke McDonald and Liam Shiels.

I think the style of footy your team is trying to play is the encouraging thing.
Quite bold and positive, similar to Hawthorn in a young team taking the game on.

You're doing it for longer patches now and the younger players would be seeing that hard work and having a crack is showing better results.

Frustration is slowly transforming into hunger.

I said the same after last weeks loss.

The most promising thing for me is you couldn’t build in a lab two young prospects more perfectly suited to inject into this lineup long term than McKercher and Duursma.

We’ve done everything the last few weeks without them and we’ve seen what 30-50 games does.

They are both highly mercurial game breaking talents that compliment everything we have seen on the ground turn in the last 3 weeks, mainly around contested ball midfield dominations.

Archer was unreal last night, Harry and George are the absolute definition of players you can build you side around.

We got the good CZ last night and LDU is hitting top gear with finally some genuine support.

We did all this despite Larkey having virtually zero impact on the game.

Curtis Taylor is having a Mason Wood like renaissance, thankfully prior to leaving the club this time.

Another shout to Xerri, Gawn is probably the best ruckman of the modern era and the first person he mentioned after the game was Tristan. He’s a genuine monster that every ruckman in the game will dread playing given his pure physicality and power.

Nearly stole that game but unfortunately only showed up for a quarter. There were alot of positives but one of the big one's for mine was actually the north supporter base in the last quarter.

For the first time in a long time we became the 19th man, we need to bring that much noise and support every game. I think it had a lot to do with the momentum swing.
We showed up for two quarters. We just didn’t kick straight in the second one. Interestingly, 16 of the 19 goals were kicked to the Punt Road end

Why is it always us that got "a couple of lucky frees".

Even when they weren't lucky, and we've been reamed all game.

Every other team that makes a come back does so on merit apparently.

Nearly stole that game but unfortunately only showed up for a quarter. There were alot of positives but one of the big one's for mine was actually the north supporter base in the last quarter.

For the first time in a long time we became the 19th man, we need to bring that much noise and support every game. I think it had a lot to do with the momentum swing.
There were more Nm colours on the train going than I have seen in ages. Almost level with MFC colours in their heartland of Malvern line ! Crowd were great 👏🏻

Old Maxy Gwarn isn't afraid to tug a jumper either, especially as he knows there's no penalty likely to be paid against him.
Shoved X in the back about four times clearly with no penalty and almost put a saddle on him climbing all over him in Q2 about 20 out and still no penalty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back