Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

I've finally emerged from my post-victory drunken stupor.
Not exactly a rousing victory, but we did what we had to and it's much better than a loss.

WR25aIdBgcrZoduxvk2tZWQTRc0=.gif

How good was Duursma's mark though.

North Melbourne v Richmond​

10 Luke Davies-Uniacke (NMFC)
5 Jackson Archer (NMFC)
5 Bailey Scott (NMFC)
5 Dion Prestia (RICH)
3 Liam Baker (RICH)
2 Tristan Xerri (NMFC)

One thing that could be argued after Sydney’s flogging is that we might be a lot closer to winning a flag than we would have thought when we were getting wiped out earlier in the season. Right now, we’ve just begun to learn how to win. WC, WB and Hawks is a really useful run-in for our development.

Just finished watching replay:

Boy we were lucky to win that game tiggas kicked at least 6 points that should’ve been goals

Bailey Scott was awesome

Stephenson gave his trade value a massive boost

Our skill errors are inexplicable will not threaten the 8 until this is fixed

The campaigners wacking RHJ are full of crap, the kid is going ok

Tassie member? Fair enough then if so!
I am this year. If it all goes to plan I'll see as many games this year as i've seen in the previous 9 or 10.

Pretty ambivalent about Tassie games before I came down here. Now I think they're great.

I am this year. If it all goes to plan I'll see as many games this year as i've seen in the previous 9 or 10.

Pretty ambivalent about Tassie games before I came down here. Now I think they're great.
That’s awesome - I’ve never gone to a Tassie game but friends who have, have loved it. Hopefully we can string a few wins together before our time there comes to an end - starting this weekend!

That’s awesome - I’ve never gone to a Tassie game but friends who have, have loved it. Hopefully we can string a few wins together before our time there comes to an end - starting this weekend!
I hope so. My last live win was Boomers record breaking game.

The best thing about Tassie games is my youngest daughter is a tragic North fan now. She'd never been to a game before this year but now she gets it. The middle one is less so but still loves going to games, she went to one game pre covid but she was less than two years old so she doesn't remember much. I want them to see a win this weekend.

I'll bring a box of Cheezels for luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best thing about Tassie games is my youngest daughter is a tragic North fan now. She'd never been to a game before this year but now she gets it. The middle one is less so but still loves going to games, she went to one game pre covid but she was less than two years old so she doesn't remember much. I want them to see a win this weekend.

You're in Tasmania?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just finished watching replay:

Boy we were lucky to win that game tiggas kicked at least 6 points that should’ve been goals

Bailey Scott was awesome

Stephenson gave his trade value a massive boost

Our skill errors are inexplicable will not threaten the 8 until this is fixed

The campaigners wacking RHJ are full of crap, the kid is going ok
The Tigers did have their chances. However, watching the replay, it’s clear that our guys never stopped running and pressuring in the last quarter. This ensured that Richmond were rushing a lot of their kicks for goal. Earlier in the season, they would have strolled in.

Last edited:
Interesting Clarko is always going to Bailey Scott in these, wonder if he’s feeling under appreciated or lost some confidence early in the year and Clarko is working directly with him?

Interesting Clarko is always going to Bailey Scott in these, wonder if he’s feeling under appreciated or lost some confidence early in the year and Clarko is working directly with him?
Great minds and all that.

That’s a long time between drinks - I really hope the boys can get the job done so that yourself and your girls can celebrate a live win this weekend. Awesome that they are becoming North tragics too, not an easy sell when we’ve been so bad for so long - love their loyalty! They’re gonna love the good times that are just around the corner. Hopefully Sheez puts on another masterclass and enjoy the lucky Cheezels!

So good that your son got to see a win! My girls ‘barrack’ for North (their dad is a Pies supporter so I’ve given it my all to ensure they didn’t cross to the dark side!) but don’t often go to games with me. I’m taking them to the Doggies game - not sure if that will help or hinder the cause though!
Good work on warding off the dark side👍👍
Have you been to any AFLW games with your girls? Could be just the tonic if the Dogs game doesn’t go well.

Cheers.

Clarko really giving Bailey the love. Obviously wants him to sign up.
I agree. Bailey is always front and centre in these videos and Clarko makes a bee line for him almost every time.

As many have said, an ugly win, but sure beats a pretty loss.

+s:
  • First to put my hand up and say that big X has well and truly exceeded anything I thought he could do. Most pleasing thing is he’s (largely) stopped taking it out of the ruck and hacking it forward and instead letting our mids get to work. In addition, his aerial presence around the ground to go with his close in work is just magnificent at the moment. Hats off to you, big man.
  • LDU. Yikes.
  • Stevo had some horrific moments in that first half, but boy did he step up in the last. Much prefer him higher up the ground (say a wing) than in the d50.
  • Bailey fantastic. Need his signature, just an outstanding role player.
  • Jacko MUST be recognised with a Rising Star nom this week. Let’s end this charade.
-s:
  • Probably the poorest game I’ve seen Jy play. Absolutely butchered it at every single opportunity.
  • I know he only came on in the third, but I think we’ve gotta put a line through RHJ. There’s no way that someone like Drury couldn’t offer more playing the same role.
  • The fact we kept turning it over/couldn’t get it past our half forward line for 95% of the last quarter was incredibly frustrating. Just didn’t compete. Couldn’t even cause a stoppage - they were just allowed to rebound constantly.
Agree with most of what you say except..

Maybe it's because I'm having to watch the game in delayed slices but RHJ has been nowhere near as bad to my eyes as has been made out.

He's far from a reliable AFL player but he does a few thIngs that show footy IQ imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back