B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly these errors wouldn't occur if you had one percent of journalistic talent.

So far this season, you have incorrectly said:-

• Oakleigh won the 2009 C-Section Grand Final and had an unfurling day
  • Constantly got players names wrong - Lachie Hamilton-Ho, Lachie White
And then you have the nerve to blame this on others. You are meant to have some level of understanding of the competition if you are writing on it but your incompetence contributes to the Amatuer Footballer being a throw in the bin vibe every Saturday morning.

back in your box wingman....if High had any players worth remembering or a support staff that could put together a paragraph or two for a bloke putting his time up for nix this would not be a problem.

Good to see SKOB have a win over at OEG, a hard ground to win at. PEGS at 1 and 6 staring at the double drop, I really can't see any of the sides above them slipping up. Such a close comp with first to 8th only 2 games difference.

Just got in from a MAAAASSIVE night on the sauce, picked up, put her away, pissed her off!
What a grand day it was yesterday when we gave the Hoes a football lesson, with the old firm of Ford, 'Eye' and Vossy smashing an ordinary OI outfit. And to finish it off the Dons beat a very poor side in Richmond...Premier A here we come!

Just when you think its going to be an easy round for tipping. Blacks, Carey and Ivanhoe all loose, was there any big outs for these teams or just beaten by a better side on the day? Still no clear favourite at this stage IMO

whoopee.jpg

That makes Scribe the inaugural leader. Apparently he missed the perfect score due to a few uncharacteristic errors. He is closely followed by Over The Post who lost a little due to some recent tardiness in posting the tipping rankings. Personally, I thought that harsh but I'm merely the messenger.

Because we wish to be positive here we won't be drawing attention to the poster/s who lower the quality with frequent sub standard posts. Watch for regular updates.

It would be foolish to write off MHSOB or Old Essendon (unlike those on the 88.3 Southern FM VAFA Sunday show who predicted the Unicorns & the Bombers were 'gone'). Still a lot of football to be played before making a prediction like that. The biggest surprise of the year so far is how well the two district teams-Hampton Rovers & Oakleigh-are going at this stage of the year.

Nah Jase, I have to disagree on that one, Old Essendon have won one game in a year and a half, they are G O N E. There is no way they can win 5 of their next 12 to stay up. They need a clean out of the old names and bring some new in.

MHSOB may win a couple at home but will struggle to win at least another 5 of 12 to stay up.

Oh, alright, if you insist! :D

Fitzy had to edit a couple out in the AF version due to space restrictions. See how many you can find. A great on-line "Friday filler" I guess. :p

UNICORNS RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN DUCK, BOMBERS GROUNDED

At the outset, I wish to send all of Premier B’s best wishes to a great Ammo Man, our favourite Umpires GM, Benny Goodman for a swift recovery following his “Cardio Carl-amity” on Wednesday evening. Good to hear a full recovery is expected, but from all of us, we say all the best and take care Brian. Speaking of recovery, the Rovers came bouncing back into the winners’ circle whilst SKOB did likewise at the expense of the Oakleigh Old Boys. However, the big upset was tipped, and came true as the Melbourne High Graduates tossed the spanner deep into the Bomber machine, and now look to claim another scalp this weekend. Onto the review people!....

The Blacks were comfortably outplayed but a slick Hoers side which, after an even 1st term, turned it up “to the Max”. Leader on the scoresheet was Adrian Delmonte with 4 sausage rolls, with 3 each to Weatherly and Jessop. The Blacks suffered a few injuries along the way and by ‘scone time’ on the Pavvy, the match was all but over. Eddie Greer and Chris Sutherland relished the conditions and were great OI players. To their credit, the Blacks kept plugging away, Levi Kalms put in his best for the season, but conceded they were a bit short of the mark for the day.

Down Hampton way, the old adage that “anything that can go wrong, will go wrong”, (otherwise known as Murphy’s Law) applied to the Bernies as the Rovers smashed them all over the park in the first term and established a match winning lead by quarter time. Tom Curry celebrating his inclusion in the State U21 squad, was terrific for the Rovers, who fed Daniel Corp regularly. Ryan Schroder tried hard all day for St Bernards but was a lone hand in an otherwise lacklustre performance. In such a tight competition, this one was a huge win for the Rovers, who now sit equal 4th, but 8th on percentage!
The OC trekked out to the Badlands and chalked up their first ever win at McKinnon Reserve thanks mainly to an improved second half after Tony Brown dominated to half time for the Bloods. Tom Chisholm’s awesome ‘speckie’ was probably the only third term highlight for OH as Carey turned the screws and hit the final huddle with all the momentum. With Chris Laidlaw immovable, Grant Baldwin on fire, and Cam Howat all class, the Carey supporters united and yelled “go you good thing’ as their charges surged to the line.

Many a VAFA eye was focused on the exciting game played at Woodful-Miller, when the students from South of the Yarra showed the northerners what local footy is all about. The Hamilton-Ho brothers united up forward and bagged 8 goals between them to finish off the great work of the 2 Lachlans, Messrs Hood and White. This long awaited win was set-up in the second term, with Tom Rendell and Heath Taylor hitting their straps. Not surprisingly, things were pretty quiet in the OEG rooms, despite plucky efforts from Mark Ravanello and Callum Glassford. Having made a rod for their own back, one hopes the Bombers can get over it quickly enough to regroup, lest their 2010 campaign start to resemble my beloved AFL Hawks (’09 and maybe ’10 version too).

As the SKOB crew trotted out of the home rooms for the 3rd term, club legend Luke Mahoney was heard to whisper “Tutto Pronto” (Italian for everything’s ready). Mahoney’s prediction came true as the tri-colours’ mid-field fired, but a few shots flew the wrong side of, or over, the post, resulting in 6 goals 11 for the term. A man in the outer urged the Krushers to respond, which they did through Mick Harold and Ash Kitts, but it was a little too late with the home team in cruise control. Tom Hickey was terrific throughout the day with 3 majors and celebrated strongly at the SKOB May Day Ball later that evening.

My great uncle Mick once said to me that by round 6 in most VAFA seasons, the final four is pretty much set. Clearly this isn’t the case in 2010 with Premier B the tightest of all competitions. Down the other end, the bottom 2 have plenty of work to bridge the gap between them and 8th! Quick tips – Carey over Rovers, Hoers over Bloods, SKOB to make the Bombers bob down, Bernies in a tight one over the Unicorns and finally....Oakleigh to upset the Blacks.

Cheers All.

Most laudable 'S'.:thumbsu: Done during billable time was it?:p

Love it, great work, Cardio, lift!

Yawn, your really dropping your guard BS, I think you need to lift old boy.

This is just another HRT Bully Boy 'newbie' from the Widdop Towers Social Club suiting up. Gee look at all those great HRT posters he has on the list - just fantastic that they can actually turn on a computer, I think we should all be proud.

Cardio Carl's Cabernet Awards set up on 30th April and this MRN comes on 2nd May, you can't be that stupid BS.

With all this bully boy HRT posters on here, no need to have any credibility or supply insightful information (however hopefully I have help some teams through the PM's I have provided) as just wasted.

Look forward to updating the Cabernet awards this week, hopefully no reports. I know at one game yesterday a behind the play incident is being debated as we type.

Cheers

CC

Yawn, your really dropping your guard BS, I think you need to lift old boy.

This is just another HRT Bully Boy 'newbie' from the Widdop Towers Social Club suiting up. Gee look at all those great HRT posters he has on the list - just fantastic that they can actually turn on a computer, I think we should all be proud.

Cardio Carl's Cabernet Awards set up on 30th April and this MRN comes on 2nd May, you can't be that stupid BS.

With all this bully boy HRT posters on here, no need to have any credibility or supply insightful information (however hopefully I have help some teams through the PM's I have provided) as just wasted.

Look forward to updating the Cabernet awards this week, hopefully no reports. I know at one game yesterday a behind the play incident is being debated as we type.

Cheers

CC

from which game?

well done to hampton, clearly been underrated by some on here...including myself..led well by their co-captains.

blacks... what is going on there?

OEG.... can someone tell me when the last time a team did the double drope from a grade? still cant believe they have only won 1 game.

Oak- when do they lose half their squad to sth africa? can they win enough be4 then to keep OEG standing on the trapdoor?

mL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitefriars were the last to do it around 6 years ago. They went from A to B to C to D at a cracking pace. Things fell apart for a year or so and they stayed in D but are now back on track and hope to head to E grade this year if all goes to plan.

Blacks will be okay, just need to adjust to Bolton's loss and get some more game time into Robbins.

Just got in from a MAAAASSIVE night on the sauce, picked up, put her away, pissed her off!
What a grand day it was yesterday when we gave the Hoes a football lesson, with the old firm of Ford, 'Eye' and Vossy smashing an ordinary OI outfit. And to finish it off the Dons beat a very poor side in Richmond...Premier A here we come!

Fair assessment of both games.

A few injuries will see you with the rest, as your reserves struggle - big time.

whoopee.jpg

That makes Scribe the inaugural leader. Apparently he missed the perfect score due to a few uncharacteristic errors. He is closely followed by Over The Post who lost a little due to some recent tardiness in posting the tipping rankings. Personally, I thought that harsh but I'm merely the messenger.

Because we wish to be positive here we won't be drawing attention to the poster/s who lower the quality with frequent sub standard posts. Watch for regular updates.

I like the concept.:eek:

Nah Jase, I have to disagree on that one, Old Essendon have won one game in a year and a half, they are G O N E. There is no way they can win 5 of their next 12 to stay up. They need a clean out of the old names and bring some new in.

MHSOB may win a couple at home but will struggle to win at least another 5 of 12 to stay up.
It just got harder, there is only 11 games left HOWEVER, I hear that Kent and Evans have played their last games for Old Carey, that takes about 60 possies a week out of the side, will they be caught?
Scatters is convinced OEG will put it together and smash some teams, but I think he is deluded.

It just got harder, there is only 11 games left HOWEVER, I hear that Kent and Evans have played their last games for Old Carey, that takes about 60 possies a week out of the side, will they be caught?
Scatters is convinced OEG will put it together and smash some teams, but I think he is deluded.

Was out at OEG yesterday at the Bomber put in a pretty spirited effort..probably lost it in the midfield and rucks (Plugger was awesome). Would be interested to hear from Kid what the deal with the lack of crowd on the OEG side was all about. At the 3 quarter time huddle there must have been 3 times the number of away supporter there.

Good to get a win before a testing couple of weeks to round out the first half. Stating the bleeding obvious but very even comp.

whoopee.jpg

I like the idea, I've nothing constructive to say anyway, but obviously Watchful is another Human Resources ruse.

Was out at OEG yesterday at the Bomber put in a pretty spirited effort..probably lost it in the midfield and rucks (Plugger was awesome). Would be interested to hear from Kid what the deal with the lack of crowd on the OEG side was all about. At the 3 quarter time huddle there must have been 3 times the number of away supporter there.

Good to get a win before a testing couple of weeks to round out the first half. Stating the bleeding obvious but very even comp.

On the long walk....to C Grade

from which game?

well done to hampton, clearly been underrated by some on here...including myself..led well by their co-captains.

blacks... what is going on there?

OEG.... can someone tell me when the last time a team did the double drope from a grade? still cant believe they have only won 1 game.

Oak- when do they lose half their squad to sth africa? can they win enough be4 then to keep OEG standing on the trapdoor?

mL

One of the co-captains was a late withdrawal, "mL".
The most promising aspect of the form we've displayed is that we've had an interrupted season losing one of our better defenders in the ugly Rd.1 incident, missing our former captain for the first month to a similar incident last season and we've had our share of injuries to key players. Results in the Reserves indicate that while we're not winning many games we're far more competitive than last season which is reflected in our ability to cover the losses we've had and still be competitive in the Seniors. Seems like a very even comp this season where most sides aren't without a chance on any given day.

You failed to mention that Luke Williams (SKOB) took one of the greatest hangers ever seen in Premier B Section - some lucky nuffy with a camera is in with a shot at a car.....

You failed to mention that Luke Williams (SKOB) took one of the greatest hangers ever seen in Premier B Section - some lucky nuffy with a camera is in with a shot at a car.....

yeah good call...all round claps for that one and converted importantly enough. I spoke with the OEG camera guy and he said he got a good shot of it so hopefully SKOB can get a copy for Luke and the footy show!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back