B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frase,

for those of us away this weekend...can you post a copy of said article? (or pm?)

cheers

HBP

Oh, alright, if you insist! :D

Fitzy had to edit a couple out in the AF version due to space restrictions. See how many you can find. A great on-line "Friday filler" I guess. :p

UNICORNS RESPONSIBLE FOR BROKEN DUCK, BOMBERS GROUNDED

At the outset, I wish to send all of Premier B’s best wishes to a great Ammo Man, our favourite Umpires GM, Benny Goodman for a swift recovery following his “Cardio Carl-amity” on Wednesday evening. Good to hear a full recovery is expected, but from all of us, we say all the best and take care Brian. Speaking of recovery, the Rovers came bouncing back into the winners’ circle whilst SKOB did likewise at the expense of the Oakleigh Old Boys. However, the big upset was tipped, and came true as the Melbourne High Graduates tossed the spanner deep into the Bomber machine, and now look to claim another scalp this weekend. Onto the review people!....

The Blacks were comfortably outplayed but a slick Hoers side which, after an even 1st term, turned it up “to the Max”. Leader on the scoresheet was Adrian Delmonte with 4 sausage rolls, with 3 each to Weatherly and Jessop. The Blacks suffered a few injuries along the way and by ‘scone time’ on the Pavvy, the match was all but over. Eddie Greer and Chris Sutherland relished the conditions and were great OI players. To their credit, the Blacks kept plugging away, Levi Kalms put in his best for the season, but conceded they were a bit short of the mark for the day.

Down Hampton way, the old adage that “anything that can go wrong, will go wrong”, (otherwise known as Murphy’s Law) applied to the Bernies as the Rovers smashed them all over the park in the first term and established a match winning lead by quarter time. Tom Curry celebrating his inclusion in the State U21 squad, was terrific for the Rovers, who fed Daniel Corp regularly. Ryan Schroder tried hard all day for St Bernards but was a lone hand in an otherwise lacklustre performance. In such a tight competition, this one was a huge win for the Rovers, who now sit equal 4th, but 8th on percentage!
The OC trekked out to the Badlands and chalked up their first ever win at McKinnon Reserve thanks mainly to an improved second half after Tony Brown dominated to half time for the Bloods. Tom Chisholm’s awesome ‘speckie’ was probably the only third term highlight for OH as Carey turned the screws and hit the final huddle with all the momentum. With Chris Laidlaw immovable, Grant Baldwin on fire, and Cam Howat all class, the Carey supporters united and yelled “go you good thing’ as their charges surged to the line.

Many a VAFA eye was focused on the exciting game played at Woodful-Miller, when the students from South of the Yarra showed the northerners what local footy is all about. The Hamilton-Ho brothers united up forward and bagged 8 goals between them to finish off the great work of the 2 Lachlans, Messrs Hood and White. This long awaited win was set-up in the second term, with Tom Rendell and Heath Taylor hitting their straps. Not surprisingly, things were pretty quiet in the OEG rooms, despite plucky efforts from Mark Ravanello and Callum Glassford. Having made a rod for their own back, one hopes the Bombers can get over it quickly enough to regroup, lest their 2010 campaign start to resemble my beloved AFL Hawks (’09 and maybe ’10 version too).

As the SKOB crew trotted out of the home rooms for the 3rd term, club legend Luke Mahoney was heard to whisper “Tutto Pronto” (Italian for everything’s ready). Mahoney’s prediction came true as the tri-colours’ mid-field fired, but a few shots flew the wrong side of, or over, the post, resulting in 6 goals 11 for the term. A man in the outer urged the Krushers to respond, which they did through Mick Harold and Ash Kitts, but it was a little too late with the home team in cruise control. Tom Hickey was terrific throughout the day with 3 majors and celebrated strongly at the SKOB May Day Ball later that evening.

My great uncle Mick once said to me that by round 6 in most VAFA seasons, the final four is pretty much set. Clearly this isn’t the case in 2010 with Premier B the tightest of all competitions. Down the other end, the bottom 2 have plenty of work to bridge the gap between them and 8th! Quick tips – Carey over Rovers, Hoers over Bloods, SKOB to make the Bombers bob down, Bernies in a tight one over the Unicorns and finally....Oakleigh to upset the Blacks.

Cheers All.

19...i think. How many d'you get Mick?

20, but could very well be missing some?? See below.

Fitzy had to edit a couple out in the AF version due to space restrictions. See how many you can find. A great on-line "Friday filler" I guess. :p

At the outset, I wish to send all of Premier B’s best wishes to a great Ammo Man, our favourite Umpires GM, Benny Goodman for a swift recovery following his “Cardio Carl-amity” on Wednesday evening. Good to hear a full recovery is expected, but from all of us, we say all the best and take care Brian. Speaking of recovery, the Rovers came bouncing back into the winners’ circle whilst SKOB did likewise at the expense of the Oakleigh Old Boys. However, the big upset was tipped, and came true as the Melbourne High Graduates tossed the spanner deep into the Bomber machine, and now look to claim another scalp this weekend. Onto the review people!....

The Blacks were comfortably outplayed but a slick Hoers side which, after an even 1st term, turned it up “to the Max”. Leader on the scoresheet was Adrian Delmonte with 4 sausage rolls, with 3 each to Weatherly and Jessop. The Blacks suffered a few injuries along the way and by ‘scone time’ on the Pavvy, the match was all but over. Eddie Greer and Chris Sutherland relished the conditions and were great OI players. To their credit, the Blacks kept plugging away, Levi Kalms put in his best for the season, but conceded they were a bit short of the mark for the day.

Down Hampton way, the old adage that “anything that can go wrong, will go wrong”, (otherwise known as Murphy’s Law) applied to the Bernies as the Rovers smashed them all over the park in the first term and established a match winning lead by quarter time. Tom Curry celebrating his inclusion in the State U21 squad, was terrific for the Rovers, who fed Daniel Corp regularly. Ryan Schroder tried hard all day for St Bernards but was a lone hand in an otherwise lacklustre performance. In such a tight competition, this one was a huge win for the Rovers, who now sit equal 4th, but 8th on percentage!
The OC trekked out to the Badlands and chalked up their first ever win at McKinnon Reserve thanks mainly to an improved second half after Tony Brown dominated to half time for the Bloods. Tom Chisholm’s awesome ‘speckie’ was probably the only third term highlight for OH as Carey turned the screws and hit the final huddle with all the momentum. With Chris Laidlaw immovable, Grant Baldwin on fire, and Cam Howat all class, the Carey supporters united and yelled “go you good thing’ as their charges surged to the line.

Many a VAFA eye was focused on the exciting game played at Woodful-Miller, when the students from South of the Yarra showed the northerners what local footy is all about. The Hamilton-Ho brothers united up forward and bagged 8 goals between them to finish off the great work of the 2 Lachlans, Messrs Hood and White. This long awaited win was set-up in the second term, with Tom Rendell and Heath Taylor hitting their straps. Not surprisingly, things were pretty quiet in the OEG rooms, despite plucky efforts from Mark Ravanello and Callum Glassford. Having made a rod for their own back, one hopes the Bombers can get over it quickly enough to regroup, lest their 2010 campaign start to resemble my beloved AFL Hawks (’09 and maybe ’10 version too).

As the SKOB crew trotted out of the home rooms for the 3rd term, club legend Luke Mahoney was heard to whisper “Tutto Pronto” (Italian for everything’s ready). Mahoney’s prediction came true as the tri-colours’ mid-field fired, but a few shots flew the wrong side of, or over, the post, resulting in 6 goals 11 for the term. A man in the outer urged the Krushers to respond, which they did through Mick Harold and Ash Kitts, but it was a little too late with the home team in cruise control. Tom Hickey was terrific throughout the day with 3 majors and celebrated strongly at the SKOB May Day Ball later that evening.

My great uncle Mick once said to me that by round 6 in most VAFA seasons, the final four is pretty much set. Clearly this isn’t the case in 2010 with Premier B the tightest of all competitions. Down the other end, the bottom 2 have plenty of work to bridge the gap between them and 8th! Quick tips – Carey over Rovers, Hoers over Bloods, SKOB to make the Bombers bob down, Bernies in a tight one over the Unicorns and finally....Oakleigh to upset the Blacks.

Cheers All.

Geez, you guys are no fun.
Now bugger off and do a few sudokus will ya?

PS - you're still missing one to make it 22. It's there, but the contributor in question has spent a fair bit of time on A section threads.

Some of the finest work seen in the history of both the Ammo record and BF - In Damien Hardwick style speech on on the ground after the game "you have set the standard now Scribe so we expect nothing less for the following 11 weeks plus finals!!!"

For tomorrow:
Old Carey vs Hampton Rovers
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Haileybury
Old Essendon vs St Kevins
St Bernards vs MHSOB
Oakleigh vs University Blacks

Some of the finest work seen in the history of both the Ammo record and BF - In Damien Hardwick style speech on on the ground after the game "you have set the standard now Scribe so we expect nothing less for the following 11 weeks plus finals!!!"
Great work Scribe...making last year's guy look the fool!!!!!

PS - you're still missing one to make it 22. It's there, but the contributor in question has spent a fair bit of time on A section threads.

yep....got it mate...in the section reviewing the OE game.

4 letters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers All.

Lachlan Hood.........Matthew White.

Undo

St Bernards vs MHSOB

Hmm...a typo for sure. Should've been Lachie Evans.

Sadly, these errors would be less likely to occur if someone from MHSOB actually bothered to take the time to send me a short report rather than point out errors after the fact. :mad:

Come on now, Mr.Cameron. A good scribe doesn't go shifting the blame. It's a simple error that I'm sure we're all prepared to accept (perhaps aside from Mssrs White & Evans) given the quality piece of prose.

St Bernards vs MHSOB

St Bernards vs MHSOB

Old Carey vs Hampton Rovers- An upset
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Haileybury- Can't go past MIO's new favourites!
Old Essendon vsSt Kevins-another upset
St Bernards vs MHSOB- Please.....
Oakleigh vs University Blacks- Oakleigh just have to win this one at home or season slipping away

The Snag

Hmm...a typo for sure. Should've been Lachie Evans.

Sadly, these errors would be less likely to occur if someone from MHSOB actually bothered to take the time to send me a short report rather than point out errors after the fact. :mad:

Sadly these errors wouldn't occur if you had one percent of journalistic talent.

So far this season, you have incorrectly said:-

• Oakleigh won the 2009 C-Section Grand Final and had an unfurling day
  • Constantly got players names wrong - Lachie Hamilton-Ho, Lachie White
And then you have the nerve to blame this on others. You are meant to have some level of understanding of the competition if you are writing on it but your incompetence contributes to the Amatuer Footballer being a throw in the bin vibe every Saturday morning.

Old Carey vs Hampton Rovers- An upset
Old Ivanhoe vs Old Haileybury- Can't go past MIO's new favourites!
Old Essendon vsSt Kevins-another upset
St Bernards vs MHSOB- Please.....
Oakleigh vs University Blacks- Oakleigh just have to win this one at home or season slipping away

The Snag

OI
SKOBS
St Berns
Hampton Scouts
Oakleigh

Sadly these errors wouldn't occur if you had one percent of journalistic talent.

So far this season, you have incorrectly said:-

• Oakleigh won the 2009 C-Section Grand Final and had an unfurling day
  • Constantly got players names wrong - Lachie Hamilton-Ho, Lachie White
And then you have the nerve to blame this on others. You are meant to have some level of understanding of the competition if you are writing on it but your incompetence contributes to the Amatuer Footballer being a throw in the bin vibe every Saturday morning.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Any 100 word reports as to the MHSOB view of their game can be emailed to me at fraserc@vicbar.com.au or by PM through Big Footy. Please provide your views on your game by 6pm every Monday. I'm sure you can find sufficient time to do so over the balance of your weekend.

I look forward to receipt of your further advice as to the outcome of each MHSOB game in due course.

Good Luck today against St Bernards :thumbsu:

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Any 100 word reports as to the MHSOB view of their game can be emailed to me at fraserc@vicbar.com.au or by PM through Big Footy. Please provide your views on your game by 6pm every Monday. I'm sure you can find sufficient time to do so over the balance of your weekend.

I look forward to receipt of your further advice as to the outcome of each MHSOB game in due course.

Good Luck today against St Bernards :thumbsu:

Very diplomatic of you Fraser.... Keep up the good work!

A whole weekend not having to listen to Collingwood supporters gloat...a rovers win would top it off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back