B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not referring at all to SKOB Murph, I agree, they have a very, very hard stretch coming up, just wondering where your pre Saturday write has gone this year, was quite enjoyable last year. FWIW, I think the top 5 is settled, any of those teams can win it.
Of just as much interest is the tenure of OEG is the two top flights of the VAFA, how the hell has this happened in 18 months? They are G O N E, unless they have a saviour like we did in P Greenham a few years back. They probably need to win 7 of their last 10 to stay up, and have a few smashings in those wins, it just won't happen, they will be lucky to win another 1 IMO.
Whats the word on the street re OEG over there Murph?

hmmm a good question
dont really have any answers though
from looking at their team sheets they dont seem to have had a massive amount of injuries or unavailabilities (nothing that the others teams havnt had to deal with)

surely mr pineapple can enlighten us

Not referring at all to SKOB Murph, I agree, they have a very, very hard stretch coming up, just wondering where your pre Saturday write has gone this year, was quite enjoyable last year. FWIW, I think the top 5 is settled, any of those teams can win it.
Of just as much interest is the tenure of OEG is the two top flights of the VAFA, how the hell has this happened in 18 months? They are G O N E, unless they have a saviour like we did in P Greenham a few years back. They probably need to win 7 of their last 10 to stay up, and have a few smashings in those wins, it just won't happen, they will be lucky to win another 1 IMO.
Whats the word on the street re OEG over there Murph?

I'll disagree with that statement BS . In my opinion neither Blacks nor Haileybury can win it , but do think Old Carey and Hampton can, particularly on the expanses of Elsternwick Park; they do both need to actually get their acts together and win consistently but have the talent . I think the comp is still wide open. I will agree on your OE thoughts though. There may be one or more of the top 8 ruing a loss to them as the season goes on

And I thought the bitchiness between Hutchy, Caro and Grant boring.

Why can't we just get along!!!

Can we please get an updated table of which posters support (not belong) to which club, so as slow north of the Yarra people can get a handle on the protagonists.

I'll start

Max Leader and Destination A Grade - OI

PS Oakleigh Old Boys. No PM's this week, as the way to beat the opposition you are playing is to kick more points than them.

Can we please get an updated table of which posters support (not belong) to which club, so as slow north of the Yarra people can get a handle on the protagonists.

I'll start

PS Oakleigh Old Boys. No PM's this week, as the way to beat the opposition you are playing is to kick more points than them.

Max

Finally a post that makes sense. Bust first:

The attacks on Cardio - go Cardio you good thing.
Get Over It - a complete ********. Hope you dont support my team

Now:

Good Call Bad Call Posters. The top 4 will be OH, Skobs, OI and OC.

I'll start

No need to identify you club if you have been through a few like some of us.

BUT, you will find there will be 0-3 people maximum from each club , except Hampton Rover posters where they have 10 times that amount in 31 posters (and still counting) who are registered on BF through their purpose of post.

80% of these posters have come on since HR joined B Grade with majority only 2-3 post wonders jumping in to attack non-HRT posters or like Fitz_Train bought on to say how good a HRT player is prior to going up to the tribunal.

I'm no mathematician but I cannot imagine 31 people from one club setting up 31 individual poster names - hence the conlusion is that ONE person from there sets up a number of aliases.

Until that ONE person identifies the aliases created as his 'attack dogs' then the forum will continue to go down ( perhaps the good people from this club especially the ones on the committee or affiliated with the junior club could have a word in his ear, as it will just continue to discredit the whole football club on BF)

Posters indicating an alliance to HR ,or, set up for other purposes

Fitz_Train
Uncle Mick
Value Add
Micheal Flahive
Marko3
Bouncing Back
Erek Shun
Pinto09
Cubzy
Hyphen5
Ought2BOpinionated
GetOverit
Ivan the Hoe
Capt Krusher
WathfulB Eye
Joeanthony
Plumber49
Big Fat Barb
Hawks09
Local Footy
28 Reasons
Melbourne High Graduate
Stancave
IanCave
Iron Man
Dermot Cleary
Jascave
Cardeookarl (tried/failed)
Cardio Vascular (tried/failed)
Caulfield Carla

No need to identify you club if you have been through a few like some of us.

BUT, you will find there will be 0-3 people maximum from each club , except Hampton Rover posters where they have 10 times that amount in 31 posters (and still counting) who are registered on BF through their purpose of post.

80% of these posters have come on since HR joined B Grade with majority only 2-3 post wonders jumping in to attack non-HRT posters or like Fitz_Train bought on to say how good a HRT player is prior to going up to the tribunal.

I'm no mathematician but I cannot imagine 31 people from one club setting up 31 individual poster names - hence the conlusion is that ONE person from there sets up a number of aliases.

Until that ONE person identifies the aliases created as his 'attack dogs' then the forum will continue to go down ( perhaps the good people from this club especially the ones on the committee or affiliated with the junior club could have a word in his ear, as it will just continue to discredit the whole football club on BF)

Posters indicating an alliance to HR ,or, set up for other purposes

Fitz_Train
Uncle Mick
Value Add
Micheal Flahive
Marko3
Bouncing Back
Erek Shun
Pinto09
Cubzy
Hyphen5
Ought2BOpinionated
GetOverit
Ivan the Hoe
Capt Krusher
WathfulB Eye
Joeanthony
Plumber49
Big Fat Barb
Hawks09
Local Footy
28 Reasons
Melbourne High Graduate
Stancave
IanCave
Iron Man
Dermot Cleary
Jascave
Cardeookarl (tried/failed)
Cardio Vascular (tried/failed)
Caulfield Carla

I'll give you one thing CC - you are correct when you say "I'm no mathematician."

What you forgot to add to that description is that you are not a genius, not much of a detective, not of sane mind, you don’t get out enough and you are so hung up on HR its starting to affect your life....

My club is the tri colours of SKOB - pretty obvious from my posts I would have thought!!! Other than playing against HR I have no contact or affiliation with HR whatsoever. I have asked you outright on this forum to revel your club but you declined to do so - perhaps you should show some bravery you accuse HR of lacking and instead of happily naming other posters declare your own interests and let them do the same!!

Ever considered the user name WOFTAM – its German for waste of f**king time and money and would fit you like a glove

I follow Rye

Cardio.... I would think that 99 per cent of the junior club would not even know what big footy was... Having played against Uncle Mick and shared a few ales with him I'd find it hard to imagine that the HR juniour committee would be ashamed of the young fella. He seems to have put a lot of time and effort into the club over many years. Your accusations are just hearsay and continue your long line of innaccurate dribble that seems to cum out of your mouth!!

Bad news about Coughlan..wish the boy well
o

Which individual league in country Victoria would be the equal to Premier B-or Premier in the VAFA in terms of playing standards and strength of the comp (ie Bendigo FL, Ballarat etc)?

hmmm a good question
dont really have any answers though
from looking at their team sheets they dont seem to have had a massive amount of injuries or unavailabilities (nothing that the others teams havnt had to deal with)

surely mr pineapple can enlighten us

Just my opinion but OEG unfortunately wasted the momentum and best collective footballing years of a highly skilled group when then stalled in B grade for approx 4 years (2004-2008). SMG, Mr P and KB would know the ins and out more and I may have got some of those years wrong but they won a very high % of H&A games over a extended period of time in B grade and had plenty of talent in those teams including VFL and state rep players from memory.

However, as history shows, they couldn’t quite break through and get themselves into A grade. Not saying they were the best team every year (St B and Coll where clear standouts the years they won) but had they managed to go up instead of UniB or Marc for example earlier than they would have been in a better shape when they got there IMO. Of course it’s a vicious cycle bc had they managed to break through earlier I think they may have been able to attract further players and so forth and so on. This is particularly true if they had won the premiership against Marc rather than go up as the second team as it gels the club just that bit more!!

Having said that I’m not convinced that they are GONE just yet – it is such an even year and I still think that the OEG have still gone some very talented players. Not sure who I think will go down but sure they haven’t conceded out at Keilor yet….

Max

Finally a post that makes sense. Bust first:

The attacks on Cardio - go Cardio you good thing.
Get Over It - a complete ********. Hope you dont support my team

Now:

Good Call Bad Call Posters. The top 4 will be OH, Skobs, OI and OC.

bad call...don forget Bernards.

thats a good idea. i am from HR. but cardio to suggest that all of those alias's - most of whom i havent seen a post from - are from hampton rovers, is ridiculous, and a bit strange - as someone posted above, maybe you need to take to other activities or hobbies other than HR bashing.

where does all this hate come from cardio?

and to suggest that GetOverIt is Uncle Mick is laughable, especially based on that nonexistent evidence that u supplied, i can see youre not a barrister. Mat Terech and Uncle Mick are good mates so hes not exactly going to call him a weak dog etc.

get a life bud, youre making a fool of yourself

Joe, was more making a point that Murphy has lost the plot recently with his tipping and general commentary. You may have lost Corp but SKOB didn't have Coughlan, Chard etc. No doubt Hampton have talent, a lot stronger than last year and will survive B Section easily, which is great for B Section footy, but you have to admit they were smashed on the weekend, 42 scoring shots is a hell of a lot.

You guys have had 2 great wins over Bernies(who have won 5) and Carey, who have won 4, but have also lost 4 games out of 8, so I think my assessment of a team traveling at 50% is fair, don't you? If you think you are genuine chances at the flag then I think that you are not being realistic.
Briza, we're still missing a few names ourselves, but you're spot on about 42 scoring shots. We've clearly made ourselves more competitive than last year, but our best is capable of matching it with anyone in this Section (I hope Mr.Sholly doesn't read this) and given a clean bill of health we believe a top 4 place beckons.

i simply think that the comp is much more even than you do...
i think ivanhoe is a touch above about 5 other teams
do i rate skob as top 2? will wait until they have got the thru the next 4 rounds (blacks home, bernards away, OH away and OI at home) a very tough month ahead

thats my 2 cents
Very good call. That's a tough month, but certainly suggestion out of our camp from the weekend are that SKOBS are a top 2 side.

bad call...don forget Bernards.
Fair call, but right now the top 8 sides all present a reasonable case. Will be interesting to see what the ladder looks like at the half way mark, but by Rd.12 there should be a better indication of who the real contenders are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my opinion but OEG unfortunately wasted the momentum and best collective footballing years of a highly skilled group when then stalled in B grade for approx 4 years (2004-2008). SMG, Mr P and KB would know the ins and out more and I may have got some of those years wrong but they won a very high % of H&A games over a extended period of time in B grade and had plenty of talent in those teams including VFL and state rep players from memory.

However, as history shows, they couldn’t quite break through and get themselves into A grade. Not saying they were the best team every year (St B and Coll where clear standouts the years they won) but had they managed to go up instead of UniB or Marc for example earlier than they would have been in a better shape when they got there IMO. Of course it’s a vicious cycle bc had they managed to break through earlier I think they may have been able to attract further players and so forth and so on. This is particularly true if they had won the premiership against Marc rather than go up as the second team as it gels the club just that bit more!!

Having said that I’m not convinced that they are GONE just yet – it is such an even year and I still think that the OEG have still gone some very talented players. Not sure who I think will go down but sure they haven’t conceded out at Keilor yet….

That's not a bad summation Plumber. Every team has exciting new recruits and every team loses players from year to year. I have to agree with the idea that had we won a few flags along the way then we definitely could have attracted more players in the process, but the past is exactly that.

This year is an interesting one. Preseason at the grammar was as good as any, if not better, and the squad had all the makings of a strong side. But that just hasn't translated to wins. From the outside looking in I can understand people saying the faces are still the same but from the inside it's a very different side, and a very young side. I'm still not sure why things have gone the way they have, however they have been very competitive in pretty much every game, but they just haven't been able to win.

I'm still confident that we'll avoid C grade and hopefully the young kids that have played senior footy last year and this year will continue to improve and fill some the holes that are curently causing us some problems.

I'm still confident that we'll avoid C grade and hopefully the young kids that have played senior footy last year and this year will continue to improve and fill some the holes that are curently causing us some problems.

TBP - I'd reckon you're going to have to win this weekend to be any chance of survival. The rumours are pretty strong that Oakleigh will lose a few to the World Cup. On current form, they'd be your best chance to leap frog (provided they do lose personnel), but it's a 3 game buffer at the half way mark if you can't salute on Saturday against a Haileybury side that's tracking pretty well. If you can't get up, something would have to go drastically wrong for the other sides to tail off or there would have to be a marked improvement at OEG to make up 3 wins plus %.

Just read about 20 pages of dribble, mainly from my old foe CC.. whilst i cant say i havent been sucked into time wasting banter i can say i have learnt from it!

So in the interest in talking about footy and saving our sanity here is my small anaylysis of the almost half way point of the season.

-----------------------------

St.Kevins: were the most impressive team we have come up against, from there top few players right down to there reserves brigade they were very skilfull and disciplined team. Right now they are my tip to take it out.

Carey: im sure we caught them on an off day.. luckily for us because they are a team capable of beating anyone in the comp hansomely if they turn it on. Solid all over the ground.

Oakleigh: plesantly suprised at there ladder position as it stands, have to admit after watching the C grade GF i wondered if either teams would win too many. Cant argue with results, well done to them.

Bernies: like carey, i feel like they have enought talent to beat anyone and have great outside running players. To me they dont seem hungry enough and i think that will be there downfall come september.

Hailebury: Dont remember a whole lot about this team, not flashy, get the job done and go very much under the radar. Suprise packet of the year so fair for me as i had them battling relegation at the start of the year. Have had a fantastic year to date but not sure they'll survive the season when injuries hit.

Ivanhoe: Played them early in the year and were given our most comprehensive defeat thus far (but was more impressed with stkevins.) Would like to see them again first hand before i make any bold predicitions, havent done much wrong though.

Old essendon: Looked alright against us, think they are better than 1-7 suggests. Will win a few more in the second half of the season i would think, but this could be a costly year for them.

Blacks: skillfull, quick, spread really well and have had good A-grade footy experience that will see them in the top half of the ladder at the end of the season. Solid finals team but have seen better this year.

MHS: play them this week, dont believe for one second that they are as bad as people have said. To underestimate anyone in this comp will send you home without 4 points.

-----------------------

top 4:
Stkvenis
OI
Blacks
Carey / bernies / HR

Just read about 20 pages of dribble, mainly from my old foe CC.. whilst i cant say i havent been sucked into time wasting banter i can say i have learnt from it!

So in the interest in talking about footy and saving our sanity here is my small anaylysis of the almost half way point of the season.

-----------------------------

St.Kevins: were the most impressive team we have come up against, from there top few players right down to there reserves brigade they were very skilfull and disciplined team. Right now they are my tip to take it out.

Carey: im sure we caught them on an off day.. luckily for us because they are a team capable of beating anyone in the comp hansomely if they turn it on. Solid all over the ground.

Oakleigh: plesantly suprised at there ladder position as it stands, have to admit after watching the C grade GF i wondered if either teams would win too many. Cant argue with results, well done to them.

Bernies: like carey, i feel like they have enought talent to beat anyone and have great outside running players. To me they dont seem hungry enough and i think that will be there downfall come september.

Hailebury: Dont remember a whole lot about this team, not flashy, get the job done and go very much under the radar. Suprise packet of the year so fair for me as i had them battling relegation at the start of the year. Have had a fantastic year to date but not sure they'll survive the season when injuries hit.

Ivanhoe: Played them early in the year and were given our most comprehensive defeat thus far (but was more impressed with stkevins.) Would like to see them again first hand before i make any bold predicitions, havent done much wrong though.

Old essendon: Looked alright against us, think they are better than 1-7 suggests. Will win a few more in the second half of the season i would think, but this could be a costly year for them.

Blacks: skillfull, quick, spread really well and have had good A-grade footy experience that will see them in the top half of the ladder at the end of the season. Solid finals team but have seen better this year.

MHS: play them this week, dont believe for one second that they are as bad as people have said. To underestimate anyone in this comp will send you home without 4 points.

-----------------------

top 4:
Stkvenis
OI
Blacks
Carey / bernies / HR

Great post Cubzy - some interesting comments in there!

Unfortunately for MHS I think they are as bad as everyone is saying - will be interested in hearing your opinion after the weekend.

Having said that they did play with some heart so you can't knock them for endevour it was just hard to see how that team where C grade premiers as the skill level when we played them was terrible. Still, ammo footy is a pretty variable thing at times....

Great post Cubzy - some interesting comments in there!

Unfortunately for MHS I think they are as bad as everyone is saying - will be interested in hearing your opinion after the weekend.

Having said that they did play with some heart so you can't knock them for endevour it was just hard to see how that team where C grade premiers as the skill level when we played them was terrible. Still, ammo footy is a pretty variable thing at times....

Interesting thoughts by all on OEG.The present side is vastly different to side of 08.The side of 08 had Cooper, Condos,Williams, Forest put these together plus a fit David Biggs the last two years may have been a different result.Their is plenty of talent coming thru. a win is not far away.Perhaps the next 2 saturdays.

Boga, I have heard that it was the recruiting of guys like Condos that destroyed your club. I think it would be good for OEG to go down to C and rebuild, nothing wrong with that at all. After all, we all play footy to win games, it doesn't matter what level, a win is a great feeling. Collegians were in C to rebuild not so long ago, it's no good for anyone from the boot studder up to be losing every week, IT SUCKS.

Boga, I have heard that it was the recruiting of guys like Condos that destroyed your club. I think it would be good for OEG to go down to C and rebuild, nothing wrong with that at all. After all, we all play footy to win games, it doesn't matter what level, a win is a great feeling. Collegians were in C to rebuild not so long ago, it's no good for anyone from the boot studder up to be losing every week, IT SUCKS.

StBedes had one of the worst records as a B Grade team, and a culture to match. Unfortunately, look at them now (jealousy is a curse).

Slow afternoon.

Players Used Played all 8
OI 34 7
ST.K 35 11
OH 35 12
ST.B 30 9
Uni 32 10
OC 33 11
Oak 29 11
HR 31 9
OE 35 8
MHSOB 39 4
Sorry about the table

What can we make from this.
Oak have been the most stable, might be in trouble if they loose a couple of the senior players.
OI have been spread pretty thin.
OH have had a few VFL guests.
ST.Bernards have been very stable
MHSOB are trying to get new players into the club every week.
St.K have had injuries, but have maintained a strong core.

Thoughts on how this will influence the rest of the year.

StBedes had one of the worst records as a B Grade team, and a culture to match. Unfortunately, look at them now (jealousy is a curse).

You've lost me a bit there max - didn't they spend 1 year there, won 16 games, finished top of the table, won both finals including the flag and went on to do a pretty similiar thing the following year in A grade having done the same the previous year in C?

I with you though on jealousy - we all suffer from it a bit!!!!

You've lost me a bit there max - didn't they spend 1 year there, won 16 games, finished top of the table, won both finals including the flag and went on to do a pretty similiar thing the following year in A grade having done the same the previous year in C?

I with you though on jealousy - we all suffer from it a bit!!!!

I think he was referring the their previous inglorious stints B Grade. eg 2005 when they were relegated to C!

Slow afternoon.

Players Used Played all 8
OI 34 7
ST.K 35 11
OH 35 12
ST.B 30 9
Uni 32 10
OC 33 11
Oak 29 11
HR 31 9
OE 35 8
MHSOB 39 4
Sorry about the table

What can we make from this.
Oak have been the most stable, might be in trouble if they loose a couple of the senior players.
OI have been spread pretty thin.
OH have had a few VFL guests.
ST.Bernards have been very stable
MHSOB are trying to get new players into the club every week.
St.K have had injuries, but have maintained a strong core.

Thoughts on how this will influence the rest of the year.

Doesn't read well from OH view point - they have the most players to have played every game, we know they have VFL guests on a semi regular basis and their 2's are struggling to say the least so if they were to get injuries to any of those 12 you would wonder what sort of cover they have. Having said that they do know how to keep the 1's winning while the 2's struggle - pretty sure they won their A grade flag without much success in the 11:40 game!

If the rumours are true re world cup for Oak I hope they aren't part of the 11 core as that would hurt you would think. Still, there 2's are in the 4 so they have some depth there to draw on

I still believe that the strength of your 2's is the best indicator of the overall club strength (very rarely do the top 4 teams come finals time not have at least 3 of their ressies also in the hunt) and based on this and the above I think that warning signs are there for HR and OI (but not panic stations) if they were to suffer a string of injuries. Having said that all clubs are vulnerable to injuries to the wrong people!

Continuing this thinking would mean that Blacks, SKOB and Bernards would be excited about their chances of being there abouts going forward - important game this week to see where both SKOB and Blacks measure up compared to each other and either split the pack at the top of the team or bring them all closer together!!

Agree with uncle mick - r12 should have the field much more settled!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back