B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't read well from OH view point - they have the most players to have played every game, we know they have VFL guests on a semi regular basis and their 2's are struggling to say the least so if they were to get injuries to any of those 12 you would wonder what sort of cover they have. Having said that they do know how to keep the 1's winning while the 2's struggle - pretty sure they won their A grade flag without much success in the 11:40 game!

If the rumours are true re world cup for Oak I hope they aren't part of the 11 core as that would hurt you would think. Still, there 2's are in the 4 so they have some depth there to draw on

I still believe that the strength of your 2's is the best indicator of the overall club strength (very rarely do the top 4 teams come finals time not have at least 3 of their ressies also in the hunt) and based on this and the above I think that warning signs are there for HR and OI (but not panic stations) if they were to suffer a string of injuries. Having said that all clubs are vulnerable to injuries to the wrong people!

Continuing this thinking would mean that Blacks, SKOB and Bernards would be excited about their chances of being there abouts going forward - important game this week to see where both SKOB and Blacks measure up compared to each other and either split the pack at the top of the team or bring them all closer together!!

Agree with uncle mick - r12 should have the field much more settled!!

We have been riddled with injuries since round 1 Plumber, had consistently 6 - 8 senior players out, two of which we rate very highly out for th year, so depth is there as we have still won a few games, if we do happen to get on top of these injuries it would be nice. However i would assume a few teams would be in a similar boat!

Great post Cubzy - some interesting comments in there!

Unfortunately for MHS I think they are as bad as everyone is saying - will be interested in hearing your opinion after the weekend.

Having said that they did play with some heart so you can't knock them for endevour it was just hard to see how that team where C grade premiers as the skill level when we played them was terrible. Still, ammo footy is a pretty variable thing at times....

Hey Plumber, from what i have heard they lost around 11 players from their premiership side, believe they all retired or went overseas after winning the flag, surely a tough gig going up and then losing 11 players.

Boga, I have heard that it was the recruiting of guys like Condos that destroyed your club. I think it would be good for OEG to go down to C and rebuild, nothing wrong with that at all. After all, we all play footy to win games, it doesn't matter what level, a win is a great feeling. Collegians were in C to rebuild not so long ago, it's no good for anyone from the boot studder up to be losing every week, IT SUCKS.

In reply to your rather general comments, What have u heard about the recruiting of Condos.[just another snide comment]Condos in 08 was a great player and one of the reasons we got in the grand final.The club was not destroyed by anybody.The club went to A section with about half the team it had in B
section.
We are in a rebulding phase at this very moment, how many games have u seen of OEG this season.

Snide comment? Idiot. Rebuilding phase? Bigger idiot. How many games have i seen? What has that got to do with you being on the bottom of the ladder?
Kidding yourself Boga. If I didn't have good Big Footy mates from OEG I would go to town on you and OEG, I have very good info on the goings on.

Snide comment? Idiot. Rebuilding phase? Bigger idiot. How many games have i seen? What has that got to do with you being on the bottom of the ladder?
Kidding yourself Boga. If I didn't have good Big Footy mates from OEG I would go to town on you and OEG, I have very good info on the goings on.

I've been to two games out at OEG this year and the home crowd was virtually non-existent so you may have some work to do, to get the supporters back. But not all has gone off, they serve a very good meat pie from Glenroy Bakery and it didn't cost $4.

In reply to your rather general comments, What have u heard about the recruiting of Condos.[just another snide comment]Condos in 08 was a great player and one of the reasons we got in the grand final.The club was not destroyed by anybody.The club went to A section with about half the team it had in B
section.
We are in a rebulding phase at this very moment, how many games have u seen of OEG this season.

If you think "King hit Condos" was a good recruit you are dilusional. Also KB you can only rebuild after you hit rock bottom. You guys won't have the chance to rebuild until we head to B grade and you slide down to C grade.

MHSOB to beat Rover in a massive upset.....like the idea of RB and the young indigenous fellas running a muck.

Bloods to beat Bomber....Voss to kick 8.

Carey to beat Bernies. Too Big.

SKOB to to care of blacks at home in the close one. Midfield battle the one to watch here.

The premiership favs to crush the Krushers.

MHSOB v Rover - in an upset...

Bloods v Bomber - oh dear...it gets worse

Bernies v Carey - snakepit on par with badlands as worst trip in B Grade.

SKOB v blacks - will be close with Coughlan gone for year...

Ivanhoe v Krushers - Ivanhoe, but they are not that far ahead of the field as everyone thinks, they didnt impress me when Bernies beat them.

good luck to all maggot umpires.

MHSOB v Rover - in an upset...

Bloods v Bomber - oh dear...it gets worse

Bernies v Carey - snakepit on par with badlands as worst trip in B Grade.

SKOB v blacks - will be close with Coughlan gone for year...

Ivanhoe v Krushers - Ivanhoe, but they are not that far ahead of the field as everyone thinks, they didnt impress me when Bernies beat them.

good luck to all maggot umpires.
I forgot to tip last week , which probably improved my tipping.
MHSOB- might be pushing it here a bit
OH easily
Carey - they like the snakepit, and the badlands didnt bother them this year
SKOB
Ivanhoe

Tips for this week
Rovers - In a Canter
Bloods - Form to good of late
Bernies - Always hard to beat at home
SKOB - Should have to much class for Blacks
Krushers - In an upset at Scammel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MHSOB v Rover -MHSOB Have a better team now after last week. But hampton for me.

Bloods v Bomber - OEG to be smashed.

Bernies v Carey - Carey always comes close to St B must win game for them.

SKOB v blacks - I think Uni will bounce back this week.

Ivanhoe v Krushers - OI to win just.

MHSOB v Rover -MHSOB Have a better team now after last week. But hampton for me.

Bloods v Bomber - OEG to be smashed.

Bernies v Carey - Carey always comes close to St B must win game for them.

SKOB v blacks - I think Uni will bounce back this week.

Ivanhoe v Krushers - OI to win just.

HR
OH
StB
UB
OI

Just read about 20 pages of dribble, mainly from my old foe CC.. whilst i cant say i havent been sucked into time wasting banter i can say i have learnt from it!

So in the interest in talking about footy and saving our sanity here is my small anaylysis of the almost half way point of the season.

-----------------------------

St.Kevins: were the most impressive team we have come up against, from there top few players right down to there reserves brigade they were very skilfull and disciplined team. Right now they are my tip to take it out.

Carey: im sure we caught them on an off day.. luckily for us because they are a team capable of beating anyone in the comp hansomely if they turn it on. Solid all over the ground.

Oakleigh: plesantly suprised at there ladder position as it stands, have to admit after watching the C grade GF i wondered if either teams would win too many. Cant argue with results, well done to them.

Bernies: like carey, i feel like they have enought talent to beat anyone and have great outside running players. To me they dont seem hungry enough and i think that will be there downfall come september.

Hailebury: Dont remember a whole lot about this team, not flashy, get the job done and go very much under the radar. Suprise packet of the year so fair for me as i had them battling relegation at the start of the year. Have had a fantastic year to date but not sure they'll survive the season when injuries hit.

Ivanhoe: Played them early in the year and were given our most comprehensive defeat thus far (but was more impressed with stkevins.) Would like to see them again first hand before i make any bold predicitions, havent done much wrong though.

Old essendon: Looked alright against us, think they are better than 1-7 suggests. Will win a few more in the second half of the season i would think, but this could be a costly year for them.

Blacks: skillfull, quick, spread really well and have had good A-grade footy experience that will see them in the top half of the ladder at the end of the season. Solid finals team but have seen better this year.

MHS: play them this week, dont believe for one second that they are as bad as people have said. To underestimate anyone in this comp will send you home without 4 points.

-----------------------

top 4:
Stkvenis
OI
Blacks
Carey / bernies / HR

if they can keep vossy on the park and are not hit by significant injuries (not a lot of depth) the magentas will be thereabouts too.

HR- by panels

OH- by panels.

Carey- have to win

Skob- the premiership favourites to salute again- Robbins? didn't play last week for Blacks ? Dowd, couglan, wiliams, simpson etc...good luck stopping them.

OI- but I am loathe to underestimate the Krushers. They are the equivalent of the old shinboner spirit.

HR- by panels

OH- by panels.

Carey- have to win

Skob- the premiership favourites to salute again- Robbins? didn't play last week for Blacks ? Dowd, couglan, wiliams, simpson etc...good luck stopping them.

OI- but I am loathe to underestimate the Krushers. They are the equivalent of the old shinboner spirit.

Hi Brian. Love the way you can spruik under your sausage banner. Golden Olden Times! Keep plugging.

Rovers easily
Bloods easily
Carey just
SKOBS in a canter over the very overrated blacks
Krushers in a surprise but at a ground that will suit them

Too early for any call like that SR, ridiculous, and Octopus you are ignorant.

Tips for the week:
Hampton
SKOB
OH
OI
Bernies, will see if OC are the real deal this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back