B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of being seen as too negative I don't reckon we'll get the chokkies in any of 'em.

Fair enough call on the two Unders games Value Added but surely the Senior team should smash the Sydney comp? I've regularly been up there and that competition is rubbish and really falls away. There are A Grade reserves teams that would win a lot of games in that league. It will be a very sad day for VAFA rep footy if the Big V can't win that at home.

Now Scribe, thanks for your effort, but exactly how many games have you seen this year? I'm thinking probably zero.

B Evans (OC) Bishop (SKOB) Fletcher (HR)

HB J Rowe (OC) McQueen Misc (OC) Voss (OH)

C D Byrne (St B) Curatolo (OI) Baldwin (OC)

HF Dowd (SKOB) Flaherty (OE) Bromley (Oak)

F G Martyn (HR) Weatherley (OI) Hamilton-Ho (MHSOB)

Rucks Lynch (SKOB) Coughlan (SKOB) Simpson (SKOB)

Inter A Kent(OC) K Ford (OH) M Bolton (UB) Cave (St B)

5 SKOB 5 OC 2 HR 2 OI 2 St B 2 OE 1 UB 1 MHSOB 2 OH

Briza,

Love your work! Agree that Curatolo is a centreman and certainly not a wingman! I reckon you could almost have squezzed Shannon from skob in as well.

I guess you have seen just about all these players this year?

Now Scribe, thanks for your effort, but exactly how many games have you seen this year? I'm thinking probably zero.

Brian, you are correct. I've seen zero Premier B games this season, for obvious reasons. However, there'd be literally tens of thousands of people who'd watch games footy who'd know less about the game than some of our most ardent followers who never actually witness a game, but are still able to listen, read and understand footy.

Interestingly you name Andrew Kent in your team of the 1st half of the season. He must have smashed it in rounds 2 - 4 given he hasn't even played since 1 May 2010 after missing round 1. Ditto Bolton, who has missed the last month. Played 5 and barely troubled the opposition in the process from what I'm told. There'd be 100+ blokes more deserving of a spot based on their efforts thus far.

My top 30 are based on performances in season 2010 rounds 1 to 9. Nothing before that counts in my book. :) Still, we can agree to disagree, it's only an opinion after all.

PS - it's rather obvious that Sausage Roll logs on about 30 - 60 minutes after many of your posts and continues to 'love your work'. Nothing worse than a 'yes man'. Come on, you're better than that old son. ;)

Brian, you are correct. I've seen zero Premier B games this season, for obvious reasons. However, there'd be literally tens of thousands of people who'd watch games footy who'd know less about the game than some of our most ardent followers who never actually witness a game, but are still able to listen, read and understand footy.

Interestingly you name Andrew Kent in your team of the 1st half of the season. He must have smashed it in rounds 2 - 4 given he hasn't even played since 1 May 2010 after missing round 1. Ditto Bolton, who has missed the last month. Played 5 and barely troubled the opposition in the process from what I'm told. There'd be 100+ blokes more deserving of a spot based on their efforts thus far.

My top 30 are based on performances in season 2010 rounds 1 to 9. Nothing before that counts in my book. :) Still, we can agree to disagree, it's only an opinion after all.

PS - it's rather obvious that Sausage Roll logs on about 30 - 60 minutes after many of your posts and continues to 'love your work'. Nothing worse than a 'yes man'. Come on, you're better than that old son. ;)

Scribe.

That retort is very "Unscribe", but very observant.:D

As previously stated, Andrew Kent is done and dusted for 2010 as he has cricket commitments.

J Madden is away for many weeks with work, so hard to select him in any team.

The best FB is Destination A Grade, but due to work commitments he can't be considered.

And Im logging on around 30 minutes after you,does that mean I am you? Do you REALLY think that it is humanly possible to run a business and spend as much time on BF as would be required if I were SR as well?

Unlike you Scribe, I watch B Section every week and my side is based on my observations, not heresay or rumors. You of all people should understand that rumors and innuendo are just that. Your lack of real knowledge is shown by your ridiculous amount of people on the bench, WTF?One of your poorer efforts over the journey.

BTW, you haven't posted under 'Concrete Boots' or several of your other other alias' for a while, why not?

Cheers
Brian 'Not Sausage Roll' Speaking.

Sorry Fraser,but you have forced my hand, you know Im not SR, so heres some classics from yourself Concrete Boots to yourself Scribe:

Concrete boots
10 Nov 2006, 09:00
Sounds like he's well travelled - will he bring any A graders to the club?

Scribe
10 Nov 2006, 09:10
This is a very good appointment by the Vultures. Bowza has been coaching for the last 6 years, firstly as playing coach in the bush and DVFL, then reserves with OTs in 2004 and 2005, and senior assistant in 2006.

Was always going to coach senior footy at a good standard and his meticulous preparation together with knowledge of the game and development as a communicator should see him well positioned to take the Vultures forward in 2007.

Wouldn't expect any OTs guys to make the trek down to Gerry Green with Dale as most of them are eastern/northern suburban lads.

Well done Dale, and well done Park....Dale.

overtheline
10 Nov 2006, 09:49
This is a very good appointment by the Vultures. Bowza has been coaching for the last 6 years, firstly as playing coach in the bush and DVFL, then reserves with OTs in 2004 and 2005, and senior assistant in 2006.

Was always going to coach senior footy at a good standard and his meticulous preparation together with knowledge of the game and development as a communicator should see him well positioned to take the Vultures forward in 2007.

Wouldn't expect any OTs guys to make the trek down to Gerry Green with Dale as most of them are eastern/northern suburban lads.

Well done Dale, and well done Park....Dale.

Any truth to the rumours re Macgeorge, hecker( st bedes), Cory Stephens assistant coach at Skye and several others heading down to mornington?

Some big lossess here if this is true.

29 Dec 2006, 14:09 #21
Concrete boots
BigFooty Member

Hawthorn
Re: C-section Ammo's 2007
Sounds like you could be a tad bitter there Roy re: the 2nds coaching post? Any lingering issues or have you already buried the hatchet with Scribe?

I note Scribe hasn't been sighted on BF since the 1st week of December....perhaps his appointment has sent him ducking for cover to steer clear of the Redders most prominent poster???
Last edited by Concrete boots; 29 Dec 2006 at 14:11. Reason: Spelling error

1 Jan 2007, 12:05 #23
Scribe
BigFooty Member

Hawthorn
Fitzroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete boots
Sounds like you could be a tad bitter there Roy re: the 2nds coaching post? Any lingering issues or have you already buried the hatchet with Scribe?

I note Scribe hasn't been sighted on BF since the 1st week of December....perhaps his appointment has sent him ducking for cover to steer clear of the Redders most prominent poster???
Concrete Boots,

I can't imagine Red Roy would have to bury any hatchets with me re: coaching appointments.

It'd be fair to say my decision to leave Trinity after 15 years was motivated by both playing and coaching aspirations and, once I discovered Mausy was looking for new coaching staff, but would be happy if they wanted to play as well, then the Redders seemed the perfect environment to move into. Conventional wisdom has been that A reserve of a similar standard to C or D senior, so it'll be interesting to see what the strength our playing list is and where I might fit in.....

In the end, after a cup of coffee, a reasonably in-depth chat and 3 days of consideration, the proposed move to Fitzroy seemed to me to be a 'no-brainer'. There's only 14 days to go before pre-season starts and I must say I'm getting rather excited.

As for why I've been out of the BF loop for the past 3 weeks, well there was a 2 week beach holiday in there somewhere, and then the silly season to survive.
Must say, however, that it's highly likely that my trusty pen will be placed in the holster for '07 and replaced with a whistle, whiteboard and magnets. Postings on BF will most likely also decrease. I'm sure many out there in C grade-land will breath a sigh of relief.

Cheers

Fraser

1 Jan 2007, 17:47 #24

25 Jan 2007, 14:40 #71
Scribe
BigFooty Member

Hawthorn
Fitzroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas
Congrats on the appointment Frase,

That's a fair exodus of talent there my friend despite having massive numbers. Retirements of Drury and Clark that I heard on the grapevine and it will be a massively new look Fitzroy Reds in 2007. Atherton back?

Great to see your optimistic mate but without seeing the In's for 07 my personal opinion will be that improvement will be difficult.

Anyway, all the best mate - brilliant challenge and should be commended for taking it on.

As for it being C/D = A grade reserves - I think you might be underestimating the standard a little bit if that's what I saw in a previous post.

Do so at your peril mate because the standard of footy I can assure you surprised the hell out of me when I arrived!
Staff....sorry Midas,

Duly noted - frankly I'm still trying to get a handle on what's acceptable at C grade level re: training and fitness, let alone the true quality of footy being played week in/out. As some will know, I watched 4 games of C section footy in 2006, and two of those included the grand finalists.

Suffice to say a lot of us are feeling our way at the moment, but looking forward to the challenge of blending these "ins" with last years' remainder and turning out a unit which is both competitive and hard working.

No bold predictions will be made from me, best I leave that to the other Reds' posters.

Mind you, the standard comparison I gave earlier was a 'hunch', more based on what guys who came up from lower grades have said about the standard of footy they'd left behind. I think it reasonable to suspect that most C section teams would boast 10 - 12 players who could command a regular A grade senior game, it's the quality of the next 18 or so players which might be more important. It might be more accurate to surmise that a good C section side would be a half/half blend of A senior & A reserve standard players???

Anyhow, it's all academic really, but it's fun trying to work it out....even if I might get a rude shock come round 1!!!

Sounds like Carey and Camberwell are well and truly "bolstering" their stocks, which will make for a damn good season if it all comes to fruition. Have heard nothing about Ormond or Monash, but that's probably to be expected.

25 Jan 2007, 15:09 #72
Concrete boots
BigFooty Member

Hawthorn
I reckon you might be a bit more on the money this time Scribe with your half A senior / half A reserve = C senior comparison. T'would mean the more gun players you get into your top half the better, which may bode well for those clubs pinching ex-AFL or A grade players.

I still think the depth of the list is the key (with the AJAX boys being perhaps a slight exception which proves the rule). If so, look to those sides with good 2nds results to hold firm in the middle of the season.

IIRC the reserves finalists last season were STMBT, Ormond, Old Camberwell and Fitzroy Reds. You'd expect the Friars and/or Nodders to have pretty good depth given they've both been A/B graders for quite some time!!!

Pretty sad really Fraser, and that's only two of your usernames, do I need to go on?????????? I will be here all night if I do so pull your head in, Im starting to feel like Cardio Carl.

Sorry to stoop to that level Private, but Scribe asked for people to rip apart his team, all I did was give my best, SR as usual agrees, and then Scribe takes the 'High moral ground' and tries to discredit me for no good reason.

Anyway, it's all in good fun, perhaps Scribe is really an insurance agent? Lighten up Frase, the Roys have got a battle on their hands to survive, like in the days when Gary Wilson played with his helmet on!!!

B Evans (OC) :thumbsu: Bishop (SKOB) :thumbsdown: replace with Villani, Fletcher (HR) nah replace with Angel

HB J Rowe (OC) McQueen Misc :thumbsu: (OC) Voss (OH):thumbsu:

C D Byrne (St B) Curatolo (OI) :thumbsu: Baldwin (OC)

HF Dowd (SKOB) :thumbsu: Flaherty (OE) :thumbsu: Bromley (Oak) :thumbsu:

F G Martyn (HR) :thumbsu:Weatherley (OI) :p :thumbsu:Hamilton-Ho (MHSOB) :eek: Delmonte there

Rucks Lynch (SKOB) (most skillful ruck but interchange at best replace with Willingham / Greer) Coughlan (SKOB) :thumbsu:Simpson (SKOB) :thumbsu:

Inter A Kent(OC) :( replace with Jessop, K Ford (OH) :) M Bolton (UB) Cave (St B)

Love my work old son.:heart:

Sorry to stoop to that level Private, but Scribe asked for people to rip apart his team, all I did was give my best, SR as usual agrees, and then Scribe takes the 'High moral ground' and tries to discredit me for no good reason.

Anyway, it's all in good fun, perhaps Scribe is really an insurance agent? Lighten up Frase, the Roys have got a battle on their hands to survive, like in the days when Gary Wilson played with his helmet on!!!

Lighten up? Brian, you're the one who has gone scurrying back to dust off 2006/07 threads to find examples of 3 situations where I've engaged on bolstering posting conduct. :p

You yourself know, as I openly told you directly when you called me about 3 years ago, that I had used 2 aliases as and when I thought I'd like to post but remain anonymous, as most VAFA peple on BF know who I am. The reason I don't use them anymore is I decided I was better than that. I'd openly stand by everything I posted and not seek to justify anything I say, or rubbish any other posters through the use of anonymous aliases.

Frankly, I thought my response post to your comments was sufficiently light already. Obviously you didn't agree.

Play on. :thumbsu:

Briza - you're a lot better than to stoop to the levels of your initials. Leave that stuff to the other poster who's more inclined to it. Firsthand experience tells me you can go through archives and make a direct link between posters if you really want to try. As compelling as some evidence might be, it's doesn't necessarily make what you want to believe become factual.
You also have to be kidding at naming Fletcher in a back pocket. I don't think he knows what one looks like - other than it being a place to tuck in his shirt when he takes it off on the dancefloor.
And lastly, is Gerrard Woods the most underrated backman in B Section? He kept Weatherly goalless in his first Senior game this season and hasn't been beaten all year. He's gone about his business with minimum fuss for many years now and never seems to get the kudos. I'm obviously biased, but he's a walk up start in the Full Back post for mine.

Briza - you're a lot better than to stoop to the levels of your initials. Leave that stuff to the other poster who's more inclined to it. Firsthand experience tells me you can go through archives and make a direct link between posters if you really want to try. As compelling as some evidence might be, it's doesn't necessarily make what you want to believe become factual.
You also have to be kidding at naming Fletcher in a back pocket. I don't think he knows what one looks like - other than it being a place to tuck in his shirt when he takes it off on the dancefloor.
And lastly, is Gerrard Woods the most underrated backman in B Section? He kept Weatherly goalless in his first Senior game this season and hasn't been beaten all year. He's gone about his business with minimum fuss for many years now and never seems to get the kudos. I'm obviously biased, but he's a walk up start in the Full Back post for mine.

picking a team like that is never easy
most people watch the same team every week (except mabye CC?)
which means they have seen the opposition only once at this stage of the year. Blokes who star in a game v SKob or HR may have a stinker of a month or be injured or be overseas etc
For example, the young bloke Corp from HR tore us to shreds when they smashed us in the first half at HR (FF)... On the other hand Whetherly had an average game, by his standards, when we beat the a month ago (FF). So someone from another team who has seen whetherly kick 7 against them and seen corp go off injured in the 1st quarter may have a very different view.

at the end of the day it has created debate... so well done p49

enjoy the week off

mL

I can't claim it ML - it was scribe who has put all the hard work in but I agree wholeheartly with your comments!!

Tough gig, very subjective and always bias by who you see more often!! On that note I think Bishop is stiff not to make Bizza's team - the boy is the VAFA's answer to D.Fletcher and I love the run he creates from deep in the backline!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

which means they have seen the opposition only once at this stage of the year. Blokes who star in a game v SKob or HR may have a stinker of a month or be injured or be overseas etc
For example, the young bloke Corp from HR tore us to shreds when they smashed us in the first half at HR (FF)... On the other hand Whetherly had an average game, by his standards, when we beat the a month ago (FF). So someone from another team who has seen whetherly kick 7 against them and seen corp go off injured in the 1st quarter may have a very different view.

enjoy the week off

mL

Very good point Ml, however i tend to agree with Uncle, purely based on keeping Weatherley (Leading goal kicker) & Bromley (2nd or 3rd) i think goaless and to date having no more than 1 or 2 kicked on him playing on the best forward each week.

Fair enough call on the two Unders games Value Added but surely the Senior team should smash the Sydney comp? I've regularly been up there and that competition is rubbish and really falls away. There are A Grade reserves teams that would win a lot of games in that league. It will be a very sad day for VAFA rep footy if the Big V can't win that at home.

Ridiculous comment with a capital RRRRRR. yes the competition does fall away in that league but these teams compete against sydneys reserves. and yes most teams do get smashed most weeks by them, but if you think that an A grade reserves team would beat them then you are smoking something

enjoy the week off

mL

it is a very good point, and that is why we need the input of all posters who have collectively seen all games. debate is good, but i dont think that we should shoot people down for putting the time into having a go at a team - even though i just shot down the above poster!

it is a very good point, and that is why we need the input of all posters who have collectively seen all games. debate is good, but i dont think that we should shoot people down for putting the time into having a go at a team - even though i just shot down the above poster!

Correct Joe.

Some of you need to get your head out of the sand and realise that VAFA is the 3rd best Football league in Melbourne (arguably the 2nd) and played consistently on a Saturday between 2-4pm with no drunk bogans, so it does attract a independant following.

Its not all about the clubs like some w*nkers on here think (ammo man etc), and who barracks or aligned to each team/club etc and if your not then your an outcast.

Guess what, there are +100 people that see different VAFA games every week, know their footy (we hope), know how the game is played and the key players...ever heard of Umpires!.

Very good side. Sorry Scribe, is better than yours. My changes; Kent has already been mentioned. Pop in a no-brainer in state player Howat from the same club. Hamilton-no, take your pick of about 10 other better forwards;try Corp....otherwise is a very well done.

Very good point Ml, however i tend to agree with Uncle, purely based on keeping Weatherley (Leading goal kicker) & Bromley (2nd or 3rd) i think goaless and to date having no more than 1 or 2 kicked on him playing on the best forward each week.

my comments were general comments in regards to scribe selecting a team and how difficult it is
nothing to do with specific position (i.e. fullback)

Pound for pound our old mate cubzy would be in there too.

now now mick, wouldnt want to give too many hints towards my identidy, not sure im as comfortable as you are with revealing it, CC might develop a crush on me! (he knows me better than he thinks :eek:)

Uncle Mick, I've seen HR twice this year, both away from home and he played BP in mae only. He was mainly used as the quarter back setting it up, but when a goal was kicked he reloaded down in the BP.

Plumber49, I had Bishop in originally but thought 6 SKOB players was too many.

now now mick, wouldnt want to give too many hints towards my identidy, not sure im as comfortable as you are with revealing it, CC might develop a crush on me! (he knows me better than he thinks :eek:)

heh,heh great one Cubz.

Actually unlike some axe murderers on here I'm not anxious to know who you are.

Now both of you settle down or I'll get my great mate Cam to have another word with ya.

Play on.

Uncle Mick, I've seen HR twice this year, both away from home and he played BP in mae only. He was mainly used as the quarter back setting it up, but when a goal was kicked he reloaded down in the BP.

Plumber49, I had Bishop in originally but thought 6 SKOB players was too many.

BS, i can assure you 100% he hasn't played in the back pocket all year, he starts in the middle and can be moved to half forward/back flank and bench for resting. Never once back pocket, you maybe thinking of Jackson Ward who is been playing very good footy and is in the back pocket.

OK, with all the talk on this threat about whos who and whatnot I think its time for me to come out of the closet and reveal my true identity. this may surprise some - but I can reveal that the Redmond is in fact..............SCRIBE !! :thumbsu:

Don't try and deny it Frase, um i mean don't try and deny it me ?. Oh bugger, I think I slipped up.

The Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back