B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardio Carl, you have now lost the plot, please do not post here, you have destroyed all of what Big Footy is about, you are unbalanced.
Don't associate me with any of this crap, especially if you wont reveal who you are, are you ex Beauy for a reason?

Kinna is a mate of mine, he lived around the corner from me for 5 years, so no cigar there ********.Unlike a lot of people around the VAFA, I happen to know that he is a good fella, so dont let you f ucked up brain somehow try to discredit me and my mates around St Bedes.

I think Ill join the Big Pineapple and SMG etc and avoid the 'Big Footy with Carl' forum.

This thread is like the Abbott and Costello routine:-

Who's on first
What's on second
and Cardio's on Third.

Another issue.

It is strange that yesterday I receievd a PM from a regular, questioning why I deleted a post?

Question:

Can anyone tell me how he knew I deleted this post?

PS

The contents of the post we inconsequential.

How do I get that 15mins back of my life? Worthless dribble....:(

Well done to Benny Dowd on being named skipper of the Rep side, great result for SKOB and B Section. Plenty of B Section names have made the final side too, Martyn, Howat, Williams, Flaherty, Baldwin, Simpson, McQueen-Miscamble and Harold(emerg). Those 9 are probably your basis for any team of the half year.

Great to see the equality across the VAFA rep side. If Coggs had said yes that would have been 10 from B! Well done Dowdy, the establishment has come a long way.

Just like to echo the congrats for the boys who made the state side - fantastic effort!!! In a team that use to have a bit of the Australian Cricket team approach to selection (its harder to be dropped than picked) is this the most number of B section starters in recent memory?

Special mention to Dowdy - hopefully he can match the performance on the weekend with his BOG vs EDFL in the season opener 2009!

Its a shame that the B section thread has depleted nearly as much as the B section umpiring...nearly. You blokes seriously should find somehere else to have your petty squabbles as most just want to talk footy.

I might go to the D section thread, maybe they are talking about the sherrin there.

Agreed Griffin on both the accounts (quality of post and umpires)....

As for CC – well, having worn out the pig and dirty saying I think I’m going to have to go with something my old boss use to say on a regular basis:

The people you met when you don’t have a gun……

Agreed Griffin on both the accounts (quality of post and umpires)....

As for CC – well, having worn out the pig and dirty saying I think I’m going to have to go with something my old boss use to say on a regular basis:

The people you met when you don’t have a gun……[/quote]

brilliant!

I assume Voss wanted the week off, would be a certain inclusion. Great to see St Kevins the equal most represented team out of any in the ammo's another feather in their clubs cap - good club with a heap of talent.

Any word on this mysterious possible recruit they are working on before the cut off date?

G'day Smoker, I saw a lot of Sydney AFL until this year, and I think you'd be surprised. They've got plenty of money to throw around up there and they use it to get some pretty damn good players (even flying them in each week from interstate)...and you're also referring to 2 of the bottom teams in their A Grade.

Admittedly the lower teams in Syd A Grade such as Wolllongong/UNSW are not that good (drops off to pathetic proportions after the top division), but the top teams would beat most Ammos A Grade teams. East Coast Eagles I saw from last year would certainly be playing Ammos A Grade finals.

The Sydney AFL team will be pretty strong IMO.

Thanks for the mail p20. ECEagles sound like an impressive unit, and a fair few of them are in the rep side which is good. Saw NShore beat UNSW early this year and they looked to have 5 or 6 handy types.

Hopefully AFL Sydney are strong as you say....1 sided rep games are not good for anyone. Well done Benny Dowd, a gentleman and quality player!

ccc4.jpg

Being a long weekend with no club games and a week that has disappointed the highly credentialed independent assessor he decided to publish his much sought after ratings early.

To the astonishment of the insightful one, Scribe, - our man for detail - detected an uncanny link in the Brian Speaking and Sausage Roll modus operandi, alleging a certain commonality in posting styles. The assessor was quite taken aback by the venom in the response launched at Scribe by BS over the dual alias allegation. He reflected on whether Bob Down would have reacted in that manner. That shock discovery notwithstanding, what really floored the assessor during the verbal fisticuffs that ensued between BS and Scribe was that he – Scribe – had also dipped into the multiple alias pond at one point. The forum conscience double dipping!!!!!!! The insightful one had to have a snifter from the top shelf to compose himself.

All that said, the major matter of continuing discomfort and concern to the assessor is that Cardio Carl/Get Over It clearly hasn't sought counselling and treatment for Forum Flog Syndrome(FFS). His posts during the week clearly point to the condition getting worse. The assessor is seeking a Swahili interpreter in an attempt to make some sense of those CC/GOI ramblings. Sadly, whenever CC/GOI emerges the forum plummets in quality. Even the extremely tolerant, scholarly and well mannered Scribe was showing signs of exasperation at the CC/GOI green and gold phobia and tortuous conspiracy fantasies. FFS is not an easy condition to cure particularly when the condition is chronic.

Some of Scribe's constructive work early in the week pleased the insightful one. Because he offers balance and thoughtfulness when the forum is in danger of going into the abyss a more even performance throughout the week would enhance the already high esteem in which he is held and add much needed worthwhile content. The quality input of Plumber49 continues to impress and newbie amofootyfan deserves a special mention for his 5 part questions designed to raise the standard of chatter during a slow footy week. As does another newbie in vaffaman who also produced a considered post. The assessor was chuffed to see a shift to a more constructive posting demeanour by privateye and how Jascave continues to bring quality posts to the forum table thereby moving further up the rating scale to be a contender for poster of the week in the not too distant future. On the debit side, just why cubzy goes walkabout so often and bouncing back rarely does any bouncing these days mystifies the highly credentialed independent assessor.

The insightful one is penitent over his harsh assessment of Over The Post in relation to perceived tardiness in posting the ratings. OTPs explanation for being a little late with the much sought after tipping ratings was more than reasonable. As it turns out it was in no way due to a hangover related to some prolonged post match imbibing where he made a proper 'Charlie' of himself as the assessor had prematurely, unjustly and unreasonably thought. More frequent posting appearances from OTP early in the week pleased the remorseful assessor and has resulted in an appreciable lift in his rating elevating him to equal week four leader with Plumber49

Let’s hope the forthcoming week is more edifying.

Play on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ccc4.jpg

Being a long weekend with no club games and a week that has disappointed the highly credentialed independent assessor he decided to publish his much sought after ratings early.

To the astonishment of the insightful one, Scribe, - our man for detail - detected an uncanny link in the Brian Speaking and Sausage Roll modus operandi, alleging a certain commonality in posting styles. The assessor was quite taken aback by the venom in the response launched at Scribe by BS over the dual alias allegation. He reflected on whether Bob Down would have reacted in that manner. That shock discovery notwithstanding, what really floored the assessor during the verbal fisticuffs that ensued between BS and Scribe was that he – Scribe – had also dipped into the multiple alias pond at one point. The forum conscience double dipping!!!!!!! The insightful one had to have a snifter from the top shelf to compose himself.

All that said, the major matter of continuing discomfort and concern to the assessor is that Cardio Carl/Get Over It clearly hasn't sought counselling and treatment for Forum Flog Syndrome(FFS). His posts during the week clearly point to the condition getting worse. The assessor is seeking a Swahili interpreter in an attempt to make some sense of those CC/GOI ramblings. Sadly, whenever CC/GOI emerges the forum plummets in quality. Even the extremely tolerant, scholarly and well mannered Scribe was showing signs of exasperation at the CC/GOI green and gold phobia and tortuous conspiracy fantasies. FFS is not an easy condition to cure particularly when the condition is chronic.

Some of Scribe's constructive work early in the week pleased the insightful one. Because he offers balance and thoughtfulness when the forum is in danger of going into the abyss a more even performance throughout the week would enhance the already high esteem in which he is held and add much needed worthwhile content. The quality input of Plumber49 continues to impress and newbie amofootyfan deserves a special mention for his 5 part questions designed to raise the standard of chatter during a slow footy week. As does another newbie in vaffaman who also produced a considered post. The assessor was chuffed to see a shift to a more constructive posting demeanour by privateye and how Jascave continues to bring quality posts to the forum table thereby moving further up the rating scale to be a contender for poster of the week in the not too distant future. On the debit side, just why cubzy goes walkabout so often and bouncing back rarely does any bouncing these days mystifies the highly credentialed independent assessor.

The insightful one is penitent over his harsh assessment of Over The Post in relation to perceived tardiness in posting the ratings. OTPs explanation for being a little late with the much sought after tipping ratings was more than reasonable. As it turns out it was in no way due to a hangover related to some prolonged post match imbibing where he made a proper 'Charlie' of himself as the assessor had prematurely, unjustly and unreasonably thought. More frequent posting appearances from OTP early in the week pleased the remorseful assessor and has resulted in an appreciable lift in his rating elevating him to equal week four leader with Plumber49

Let’s hope the forthcoming week is more edifying.

Play on

just read an article from the lancet... the study gives hope to all those burdened by FFS
it CAN be treated/managed with a combination of intense CBT and SSRI's

amazing how boring a satdy can be without footy

Frase, any chance your will bring Gary Wilson's Helmet out of retirement to add to the multiple user names debate?
Here's some of Gary's finest!!!

Gary Wilson's Helmet
BigFooty Apprentice

Carlton
Fitzroy Football Club
Re: Fitzroy take Brisbane Lions to supreme court over logo
... just as well Fitzroy is taking the legal advice of a highly regarded QC as well as a SC, and not that of JeffDunne.

Don't think your a QC or SC yet 'old Son'!

Sausage, you have SERIOUS issues!

Frase, any chance your will bring Gary Wilson's Helmet out of retirement to add to the multiple user names debate?

Gary Wilson's Helmet
BigFooty Apprentice

Carlton
Fitzroy Football Club
... just as well Fitzroy is taking the legal advice of a highly regarded QC as well as a SC, and not that of JeffDunne.

No can do Nick.

GWH was Craig Little, our past president/chairman who stood down at the start of the season due to work commitments.

No point digging mate - obviously the nerve I struck is raw but as you know there's only been 2, Concrete Boots and brain drain, and I told you that 3 years ago.

Cheers

Frase

Our congratulations to the VAFA Under21 side that defeated AFL Queensland in the representative game today.

FINAL SCORES:

VAFA 19.14. 128
AFLQLD 12.13.85

VAFA Goals: Pickett 4, Delmonte 3, Reid 3, N.Corp 2, Sargent 2, Dewar, Singleton, Shakaib, Hellier, Wissell

VAFA Best: Sargent, Overman, Hellier, N.Corp, Ward, Caven

Gary Wilson's Helmet
BigFooty Apprentice

Carlton
Fitzroy Football Club

BrizA, GOLD, ABSOLUTE GOLD//!!

jas,

good effort by the u21s. i saw the last game against qld at toorak park and the vafa got cleaned-up by a much superior outfit that day.

briza,

give 'scribe' a break. he's one on the forums good-uns.

this is a bit delicate. oh stuff it, will you a sausage keep your spooning of each other to the bedroom.:eek:

watchful,

very funny stuff with a bit of an edge to it.:thumbsu:

You idiot.

Anyone who went to the Rep game on the weekend got a report for those of us who couldn't get down there?

yeah went and had a look, pretty boring spectacle, Vics were far superior. Not sure who won the medal, but i thought Williams (SKOBS) was very good, as was Agius (Old Xavs), Dowd, (SKOBS) Boundy (Old Parade) & Flaherty (Old Essendon) all showed plenty, also i think Wintle down back was very good.

I still can't understand how the home of the Ammos can be presented in such a ordinary state, it was a bog in the middle and the wings and flanks resembled a cow paddock.

It was 2 and a bit hours i wont get back!

Tips for this week

Old Carey
Old Ivanhoe
Oakleigh
Uni blacks
St Kevins

I'll take the same . Crunch match for the blacks - a loss and they are two games and percentage out . Carey wouldn't want to slip up again and will have to hold flaherty . The match up of the catholic saints firms as match of the round with skevs just a bit too tall up forward and polished through the midfield . If Mhsob are to have any effect on the seasons outcome this is the week however a 100 point loss is more likely

yeah went and had a look, pretty boring spectacle, Vics were far superior. Not sure who won the medal, but i thought Williams (SKOBS) was very good, as was Agius (Old Xavs), Dowd, (SKOBS) Boundy (Old Parade) & Flaherty (Old Essendon) all showed plenty, also i think Wintle down back was very good.

I still can't understand how the home of the Ammos can be presented in such a ordinary state, it was a bog in the middle and the wings and flanks resembled a cow paddock.
It was 2 and a bit hours i wont get back!

I think IMO the VAFA need to look at resting the ground for a while (1-2 months of no footy at Sportscover Arena), so it can be in good order for the VAFA finals in August/September. The last thing we want to see at VAFA Premier B Grand Final Day is Sportscover Arena (the surface of the ground) looking in less than perfect order. At the moment, in racing language, Sportscover Arena is a Heavy10 rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back