B Section 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
come on murph, fess up with the inside knowledge you have!!! Voss, brown, siapantis, getoverit and ford not playing? Whilst cal potter and flanners in's for your mob?

I don't think there's anything like a lock at the badlands, unless it's the home team, and from memory you guys got beaten easily there last year.

Hbp is a shit stirrer, not associated in any way with skob, looking forward to watching the gun recruit weatherly tomorrow, lets hope the ball stays up the other end!

oi
oc
oak
oh
ub

Come on Murph, fess up with the inside knowledge you have!!! Voss, Brown, Siapantis, Getoverit and Ford not playing? Whilst Cal Potter and Flanners in's for your mob?

I don't think there's anything like a lock at the Badlands, unless it's the home team, and from memory you guys got beaten easily there last year.

HBP is a shit stirrer, not associated in any way with SKOB, looking forward to watching the gun recruit Weatherly tomorrow, lets hope the ball stays up the other end!

ease up Brian...in no way have i implicated an association with SKOB (as you well know)...was only commenting on what a key player at the Hoers told me on the weekend....that is that the alternate Full Forward (whether it's Delmonte or Tremellen) is equally as good as Weatherly.... and that Johnny is considering a comeback at the age of 39 (if they can find the under 14-size shorts Max has mentioned)

Come on Murph, fess up with the inside knowledge you have!!! Voss, Brown, Siapantis, Getoverit and Ford not playing? Whilst Cal Potter and Flanners in's for your mob?

I don't think there's anything like a lock at the Badlands, unless it's the home team, and from memory you guys got beaten easily there last year.

HBP is a shit stirrer, not associated in any way with SKOB, looking forward to watching the gun recruit Weatherly tomorrow, lets hope the ball stays up the other end!

BS, In times gone by St. Kev and OI had a fierce rivalry. Marcus Olive and his famous crickt box come to mind.

When was the last time they played? My belief is that only Chard would have played agaisnt OI, and no OI has played against St. Kev.

BS, In times gone by St. Kev and OI had a fierce rivalry. Marcus Olive and his famous crickt box come to mind.

When was the last time they played? My belief is that only Chard would have played agaisnt OI, and no OI has played against St. Kev.
Max, I recall a young Tom Simpson as acting captain as Luke Mahoney was out, geeing up the boys before the game on the ground, letting a few profanities out and the ump came up to him(being a hero) and burst into the huddle threatening to report him and red card him....what a twat that ump was(won't mention that he is a barrister and has silver hair, used to be a good umpy!).

I also recall SKOB looked out of it at 3 q time until Chard stepped up and kicked 5 in the last on the great Chanz Crowley(why does he not post here anymore?) to snatch a closely contested contest. So I'm thinking only Mahns, Simmo and Chardy.

Marcus Olive was a legend, if sometimes for all the wrong reasons!

.....Dyson vs Hart was interesting as well....

not a chance

just confident, thats all

My mail is that Weatherley was doing it on the bit last week - happy to let others step up and take the reins of which there were quite a few.

Think you might find he wasn't happy for others as he was quite frustrated, clearly shown when his oppponent beat him again and he gave away 2 consecutive 50 metre penalties in the last qtr when the game was clearly over - his opponent ended up kicking 1 more goal than he did. None the less every good player gets beaten on the odd occasion!

Think you might find he wasn't happy for others as he was quite frustrated, clearly shown when his oppponent beat him again and he gave away 2 consecutive 50 metre penalties in the last qtr when the game was clearly over - his opponent ended up kicking 1 more goal than he did. None the less every good player gets beaten on the odd occasion!

Yep, well that could be quite true as my loyal supporter mate left when the rain started tumbling down at 3/4 time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OLD IVANHOE v ST KEVINS - cracker of a game
OLD ESSENDON v OLD CAREY - my smoky for the week, sorry TBP!
OLD HAILEYBURY v ST BERNARDS - ML knows something, I shall indulge in insider trading on this one!
UNI BLACKS v MHSOB - no comment
OAKLEIGH v HAMPTON ROVERS - krushed

Old Ivanhoe vs St Kevins
Old Haileybury vs St Bernards
Old Essendon vs Old Carey
Oakleigh vs Hampton Rovers
University Blacks vs MHSOB

OLD IVANHOE v ST KEVINS - cracker of a game
OLD ESSENDON v OLD CAREY - my smoky for the week, sorry TBP!
OLD HAILEYBURY v ST BERNARDS - ML knows something, I shall indulge in insider trading on this one!
UNI BLACKS v MHSOB - no comment
OAKLEIGH v HAMPTON ROVERS - krushed

Last edited by Over The Post; Today at 21:33. Reason: Changed OH to StB on vague rumours and innuendo from Murphyslaw

Second-guessing umps - gotta love 'em, don't ya?:D Bernie might tolerate it but Andrew Sinclair certainly wouldn't.:p

Old Haileybury vs St Bernards
Old Essendon vs Old Carey
Oakleigh vs Hampton Rovers
University Blacks vs MHSOB
OI

St Bernards
Oakleigh
Old Ivanhoe
Old Carey
Uni Blacks

and I've changed my earlier tips (st k to ivanhoe) cos i can - all the best everyone

few interesting results today.. very even grade!

sorry boys bit busy atm don't have much to add
:)

My goodness, Sausage, what is wrong with you? OH should be undefeated??? How does that work? They were behind t the 15 minute mark of the last q vs SKOB and stayed there, and they were behind for a great deal of time vs Blacks. When the siren goes that is the end of it, so they are where they are.

Great win by OH today.

Hampton far too good for Oakleigh and played the wind far better than the krushers. Young Pinto is a very good player for the Rovers.

as mentioned in a previous insightful post;), last week it was o.i that ran straight; had numbers at the fall of the ball; protected the ball carrier; their work rate was excellent especially when they didn’t have the pill and they spread quickly and ran hard when they had it. on the other hand the rovers had a downer missing targets when not under pressure, kicking to negative two- on-ones and, despite being told to go one-on-one, were loose most of the day. ten shots to one at the end of the first ¼ quarter set the pattern for the day.

yesterday rovers learned from the way o.i went about their work. aided by a useful wind the rovers bounced out with real intent from the get-go, an attitude missing in the previous 2 weeks. 10 shots to 2 in the first ¼ set the tone for the day. the return of a key forward and key midfielder were real pluses. the same intensity and discipline will be necessary at b.j next week against the all conquering uni blacks.

as mentioned in a previous insightful post;), last week it was o.i that ran straight; had numbers at the fall of the ball; protected the ball carrier; their work rate was excellent especially when they didn’t have the pill and they spread quickly and ran hard when they had it. on the other hand the rovers had a downer missing targets when not under pressure, kicking to negative two- on-ones and, despite being told to go one-on-one, were loose most of the day. ten shots to one at the end of the first ¼ quarter set the pattern for the day.

yesterday rovers learned from the way o.i went about their work. aided by a useful wind the rovers bounced out with real intent from the get-go, an attitude missing in the previous 2 weeks. 10 shots to 2 in the first ¼ set the tone for the day. the return of a key forward and key midfielder were real pluses. the same intensity and discipline will be necessary at b.j next week against the all conquering uni blacks.

Can't really say much as I haven't seen a game, but the inclusions of Corp, Duddy, Lawrence & Martyn would make a huge difference to the team's output. We don't have the quality in our depth to cover these players. Clearly made a significant difference having those 4 back in on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back