B Section 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OEG v oakleigh - what a contrast

the ever hyped but never deliver chockers who crumbled in A section after their web site trumpeted their arrival in the big time (following another Finals disaster) agaisnt the team that has built from within and is making their way through the ranks very nicely.

Regardless of the result in the practice game - I assure you that oakleigh will be in a better position that OEG in the long run

One on the way up - the other heading in the only direction that suits them ......

Very quiet Guru after your little spelling mishap.Perhaps a few of the Oakliegh players can do a spell check on your next post,that team is going well and spelling very nicely.

I consider Plugga to be an emerging force in the ruck for 2010. Though to be honest, he's been pretty useful for SKOB ever since he lost his training wheels back in 2005.

as for the U19s, I admit I may've been laying on some mayonnaise there without any true knowledge of who is coming through. Whispers of other former guns returning to SKOB (no names, no pack drill but we should can for the Clearances in due course) have me loading up on SKOB to take the whole thing out in 2010.

Nothing like a bit of mayonnaise to help along an expert opinion!!

Just don't let the facts get in the way of an good opinion!

On a slightly related matter, I note the VAFA have been almost begging for scribes in the lower sections. Has the job lost it's glamour Scribe?

It used to be a highly regarded profession!

Let me guess - never played them before have you Local ?

let me know how you rate them after a trip out the Essendon, or at your ground, or at a neutral venue like elsternwick - doesn't matter, you'll work it out

No No, we have played them and had some good battles, beat them in the 2001 C Grade GF by about 11 goals. We had a couple of incidents with their supporters (twos players) back then when a few of them wanted to punch on when we played them out there one game. But tempers can flare with the emotions of ammos footy, however i was more referring to recent issues that brought on the dislike.

Nothing like a bit of mayonnaise to help along an expert opinion!!

Just don't let the facts get in the way of an good opinion!

On a slightly related matter, I note the VAFA have been almost begging for scribes in the lower sections. Has the job lost it's glamour Scribe?

It used to be a highly regarded profession!

Dear Doug,

Highly regarded or otherwise, writing for the Amateur Footballer is not a profession. For it to be one, then you'd expect remuneration, which none of us do. It's merely a voluntary past-time at best.

Don't bother trying to bait me. It won't work. Your reputation precedes you old son. ;)

FYI - just in case you weren't aware, I'm scribing for Premier B this season.

Ciao

Fraser

No No, we have played them and had some good battles, beat them in the 2001 C Grade GF by about 11 goals. We had a couple of incidents with their supporters (twos players) back then when a few of them wanted to punch on when we played them out there one game. But tempers can flare with the emotions of ammos footy, however i was more referring to recent issues that brought on the dislike.

OEG are on the improve,the only issues that matter will be on the scoreboard.Not interested in any gutter speculation.

Dear Doug,

Highly regarded or otherwise, writing for the Amateur Footballer is not a profession. For it to be one, then you'd expect remuneration, which none of us do. It's merely a voluntary past-time at best.

Don't bother trying to bait me. It won't work. Your reputation precedes you old son. ;)

FYI - just in case you weren't aware, I'm scribing for Premier B this season.

Ciao

Fraser

Good old scribe-always the lawyer!

Sounds like I hit some sort of nerve there?

I knew I would get a response and you didn't let me down.!

Keep up the good work old son and I look forward to reading your weekly thoughts !

Let me guess - never played them before have you Local ?

let me know how you rate them after a trip out the Essendon, or at your ground, or at a neutral venue like elsternwick - doesn't matter, you'll work it out

Final scores; OEG defeated Oakleigh. 18-5 to 7.5

Rovers played Donavle on the weekend - scores HR 12.15 - 87 Donvale 8.12 - 60. Both teams had about 6-8 out that would be playing ones. A few positive signs. How'd St Kevins go against Ajax on Oval 2 on the weekend? Couldn't get over to see.

Had a look at OH Vs OI on sunday

Both teams will be more than competetive this year with OI looking the goods to make it back to Premier A by the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

March Champions yet again.........

September is where it counts my boy bogan (oops another spelling mistake ? )

Exactly, going to be a long season for Oakleigh but i wish them well.Nice bunch of blokes,evidently they had a few at a wedding?
As for you guru,hows the spelling going,you must be chockers by now.

How many games does a team in B Section needs to win in 2010 to:

1) Finish top two?
2) Make finals?
3) Avoid relegation to C Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back