Review Bad & Ugly vs Bulldogs

Who played well against Western Bulldogs?

• Chayce Jones

• Sam Berry (sub)

• Ben Keays

• Lachlan Murphy

• Josh Rachele

• Rory Sloane

• Luke Pedlar

• Jordan Dawson

• Jake Soligo

• Max Michalanney

• Mitch Hinge

• Izak Rankine

• Nick Murray

• Rory Laird

• Wayne Milera

• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Elliott Himmelberg

• Patrick Parnell

• Lachlan Sholl

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

• Lachlan Gollant

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Good

Jones.. I have been asking for a while now that they throw him in the middle for a bit and they did.. and he looked strong in there.. but why wait until halfway through the third when the game is well and truely over to do it?
oh, thats right, because we have to try sloane and keays first.. almost like we are still yet to work out if these two have it in them!

Milera’s second half was good.. his first half was fccking disgusting

pedlar and rachele had a few decent moments

Murray, MM and Butts tried hard against an onslaught

Bad

just about everyone else.

ugly

Himmelburg.. give the game up mate. You're s**t at it. We should've kept Frampton as depth. Hopefully the only reason we kept you is to get a chance at getting your brother as a FA. You have no other redeeming qualities.

Keays.. that‘s now a hundred games more than you deserved to play at AFL level you horrid hack. you are the worst footballer to ever make a 100 games. Ammo’s level players have better skills, decision making and awareness.

Parnell.. I’ll give you a serve but will also say that you cant be blamed.. you’re just a young fella.. just make sure you learn from that game.

smith, sloane, Rob, laird, murphy, dawson (to an extent)… all of you had your colours lowered. You’re the leaders of this team. This loss is on you. You should be fxxkn embarrassed by that performance.

to the club.. time for you fxxkn cowards to stand up to the AFL and say “no more” to games at these pissant country Victoria, arse backward, hickville stadiums.
Here comes the Mutineer thumbs down.

Dogs defenders didn’t have to worry about any other tall forward
For sure. I have numerous questions on my mind when it comes to Fog, regardless of how much I love him as a player

How can Fog show he is up to the job of leading a forward line while ...

1. Tex is never far away from returning to assist with his leadership, let alone taking the pressure off of Fog by requiring the oppositions' best to play on him
2. There is a lack of quality talls around him requiring the opposition to split their attention in many directions a la Geelong. We need TT to be that other danger like we experienced briefly with Tippett and Walker.
3. There is still a lack of higher echelon midfielders, even one truly A+, who can kick to the forwards' advantage to give him the chance to perfect his match-day craft with some consistency

Whether those three get resolved with more games into TT as well as Pedlar, Soligo, Jones and Rachele I'm willing to wait and see 'cause I'm definitely biased towards Fog, although I will forever live in hope that we either draft or recruit someone that'll take our midfield where it needs to go when looking at the competition.

Worst thing you can probably say about that loss is it was really a carbon copy of the team’s 2020/2021 losses.

Bailey Dale with 36 touches off half back, if only there was some elite running, un-skilled individual they could use to play just as a tagger on someone like that.

Sam Berry’s fall from grace is terribly concerning looks a shell of the player he was last year, never looks balanced, skills are poor, can’t run and tackling has disappeared as well.

Already stated last year that I thought Elliot Himmelberg was in the conversation for worst player to pull on a Crows guernsey, he’s gotten worse. A terrible accidental footballer who looks like he forgets all instructions he’s been given on game day and all training he’s done over his playing career, looks like he’s on a different planet half the time while on an AFL field.

Every team has them but the amount of downhill skiers who want every thing on their own terms in the side is still way too much, it shows up especially away from home when they don’t have a safe and familiar preparation.

Its laughable anyone could have a go at Fog today.. the delivery into the forward line was terrible..

himmelburg on the other hand.. he wouldve been dogshit even with decent delivery. Lazy footballer who doesnt give a s**t about trying to compete.
Nah..his man gave him an absolute bath and he needed to put more pressure on at the least to stop them from free wheeling it out of there time and again. It was a dirty day for him as well

Tex would have done nothing today. We permitted our forwards no opportunity.
Forward play is not just about waiting for I50s to happen and jumping at the ball.

Complete lack of organisation/structure up there. No leadership.

Tex may have struggled to score, but that firward line, with the personnel up there were completely disorganised. It has been quite good the last month.

No sign of Fog setting up the players, talking to them between play. Being a leader.

Still think he is a good Forward. Just not a leader. Not everyone is a leader.

Lack of onfield leadership showed today, Fog is part of that. It was his chance to step up. He failed.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The funny thing is that despite the rest of his non-existent game, Himmelberg was doing better work with his hit outs in the ruck contests than O'Brien, who broke several champion data computers when they accidentally divided 62 by 0

Forward play is not just about waiting for I50s to happen and jumping at the ball.

Complete lack of organisation/structure up there. No leadership.

Tex may have struggled to score, but that firward line, with the personnel up there were completely disorganised. It has been quite good the last month.

No sign of Fog setting up the players, talking to them between play. Being a leader.

Still think he is a good Forward. Just not a leader.

Lack of onfield leadership showed today, Fog is part of that. It was his chance to step up.

Just fuzzy appeals to intangibles.

No amount of leadership changes that we consistently missed open targets and conceded on turnover.

Ted's leadership doesn't make Keays suddenly hit Rachele.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure. I have numerous questions on my mind when it comes to Fog, regardless of how much I love him as a player

How can Fog show he is up to the job of leading a forward line while ...

1. Tex is never far away from returning to assist with his leadership, let alone taking the pressure off of Fog by requiring the oppositions' best to play on him
2. There is a lack of quality talls around him requiring the opposition to split their attention in many directions a la Geelong. We need TT to be that other danger like we experienced briefly with Tippett and Walker.
3. There is still a lack of higher echelon midfielders, even one truly A+, who can kick to the forwards' advantage to give him the chance to perfect his match-day craft with some consistency

Whether those three get resolved with more games into TT as well as Pedlar, Soligo, Jones and Rachele I'm willing to wait and see 'cause I'm definitely biased towards Fog, although I will forever live in hope that we either draft or recruit someone that'll take our midfield where it needs to go when looking at the competition.
Doesn’t matter how good you are you can’t do it up there on your own,I’m hoping RT stands up and more games into Gollant with 5 more kegs after Tex

The funny thing is that despite the rest of his non-existent game, Himmelberg was doing better work with his hit outs in the ruck contests than O'Brien, who broke several champion data computers when they accidentally divided 62 by 0
Agreed. He even clearly directed a hit towards the corridor and one of our players actually running. Of course, the goal was stuffed.

Bad:
  • Crows' couldn't match the Bulldogs pressure
  • Crows' couldn't lay tackles or stick tackles, even Arty Jones was breaking them left, right and centre.
  • ROB getting 63 hitouts to no one in particular
  • No one made an impact

Ugly:
- Soligo, Butts, Himmelberg

• Rankine could be suspended for his bump
  • Chayce Jones got called for dangerous tackle late in the game which might get looked at

This game I would have also rested Sloane and Laird and given Hately/Berry full mins in the middle.

Would have played Rachele out of the goal square old school FF style.

Would have played Newchurch instead of Himmelspud in these conditions, dare I say even McHenry might have been more useful today.

Overall would have used this game to really throw the magnets around.

I hope we lobby the AFL to never play at that sh*tstain of a ground ever again.

Just fuzzy appeals to intangibles.

No amount of leadership changes that we consistently missed open targets and conceded on turnover.

Ted's leadership doesn't make Keays suddenly hit Rachele.
You think leadership is a fuzzy intangible?

Ok.

Play on.

This could possibly be your dumbest question yet and we are spoilt for choice when it comes to candidates
I was being sarcastic you Pepega, we all know the AFL look after the performing team. Hence why Port Power got the a much favourable fixture out of the SA clubs during the COVID-19 affected seasons.

You think leadership is a fuzzy intangible?

Ok.

Play on.

Suggesting that it would have improved our deplorable kicking up the ground is tantamount to claiming that we'd have won if we'd worn healing crystals.

Our forwards were not the problem.

Keays.. that‘s now a hundred games more than you deserved to play at AFL level you horrid hack. you are the worst footballer to ever make a 100 games. Ammo’s level players have better skills, decision making and awareness.
I'd been waiting for you to shred Keays, but actually so I could agree with you :oops:.
I wouldn't have gone as far as you (he's not that bad), but he had a shocker today.

Bad:
  • Crows' couldn't match the Bulldogs pressure
  • Crows' couldn't lay tackles or stick tackles, even Arty Jones was breaking them left, right and centre.
  • ROB getting 63 hitouts to no one in particular
  • No one made an impact

Ugly:
- Soligo, Butts, Himmelberg

• Rankine could be suspended for his bump
  • Chayce Jones got called for dangerous tackle late in the game which might get looked at

Just on Rankine - Careless, Low Impact (barely any contact) and High = Fine. Based on their own rules.

Now if it is medium impact then 1 week however given both were going for the ball, I doubt he should get suspended but hey given McAdam got one of the toughest sentences this year (other than Broad) I’ve literally have no idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Bad & Ugly vs Bulldogs

Back