Roast Bad v Geelong, R18

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people during the week forgot this game was at Kardinia Park I think.

We played ratsh*t tonight, this was our "horror" game which we haven't had many of, but are still in a good position to finish in the Top 4 and possibly Top 2. Will need to win every game and pile on some percentage though.

If losing to Geelong in Geelong is the sole reason we don't finish Top 2 then we don't deserve Top 2. Dropping the Roos and Hawks losses were more of a factor.

The problem is that if we'd won tonight a lot here would lock in a flag but we lose and now a lot here are locking us in for 7th. Neither of which are realistic.

Ultimately we need to tackle way better, both more frequently and with more intent. We simply won't get away with tackling like this in finals.

We also need to consider what Thompson is currently bringing on gameday, which is little, and consider resting McGovern as well as managing Betts, Sloane and Jacobs.

Our weakness is clearly our midfield. I expect we will struggle at the pointy end because of it but hey, I didn't think we'd be near Top 4 so I hope the surprise me.

Positive: Maybe some posters around here will pump the brakes on some of the ridiculous threads and posts being made. Booking flights and hotels for the GF and such...

The boys also kept it under 39 so multi alive!
Let them pump money into the economy sir.

A lot of people during the week forgot this game was at Kardinia Park I think.

We played ratsh*t tonight, this was our "horror" vame which we haven't had many of, but are still in a good position to finish in the Top 4 and possibly Top 2. Will need to win every game and pile on some percentage though.

If losing to Geelong in Geelong is the sole reason we don't finish Top 2 then we don't deserve Top 2. Dropping the Roos and Hawks losses were more of a factor.

The problem is that if we'd won tonight a lot here would lock in a flag but we lose and now a lot here are locking us in for 7th. Neither of which are realistic.

Ultimately we need to tackle way better, both more frequently and with more intent. We simply won't get away with tackling like this in finals.

We also need to consider what Thompson is currently bringing on gameday, which is little, and consider resting McGovern as well as managing Betts, Sloane and Jacobs.

Stop speaking so rationally. I'm waiting for full Lindy melts! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Bad v Geelong, R18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back