Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats what you think

Until we get

Barrass, Battle, Trac and Smtih for

DGB, Morrison and a house and land package at Waverley
Tired Good Morning GIF by TRT

You can wake up now..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, his 2022 was very comparable to Sam Walsh's 2023 who literally went pick one in Bailey Smith's draft.

2023 he fell back a bit but it's not actually wrong to say he hasn't played like a pick one at stages.

He’s definitely worth a lot if he gets himself right and focused on footy, I may be a bigger Baz fan than most though hence why I said a First and two future 2nds. But it doesn’t matter what I want…

Baz makes the choice of Cats or Hawks and we all roll on from there

He’s definitely worth a lot if he gets himself right and focused on footy, I may be a bigger Baz fan than most though hence why I said a First and two future 2nds. But it doesn’t matter what I want…

Baz makes the choice of Cats or Hawks and we all roll on from there
I reckon with Geelongs recruiting ability a late 1st is actually worth less than two 2nds.

What two late firsts are you referring to exactly?

Geelong’s 1st + f1, for maybe a second in return.

Look what Taranto went for, and Smith would/should be worth more than him. Sam Power can be very stubborn, I expect he won’t let the dogs be f***ed over in this trade.

He went at pick 7 and has played as a pick 7 should, if not better when you compare him to Walsh who went at 1.

The ACL argument is crap, they don’t matter these days with the advancements in rehabilitation. Every second player is doing their ACL it seems like.

To be fair, his 2022 was very comparable to Sam Walsh's 2023 who literally went pick one in Bailey Smith's draft.

2023 he fell back a bit but it's not actually wrong to say he hasn't played like a pick one at stages.
He also has a that marketability factor. Which is like something 1% of players in sport have. I put him on scale of mbappe in terms. Good but not a great player but is worth big money to the club more than just onfield.

Geelong’s 1st + f1, for maybe a second in return.

Look what Taranto went for, and Smith would/should be worth more than him. Sam Power can be very stubborn, I expect he won’t let the dogs be f***ed over in this trade.

He went at pick 7 and has played as a pick 7 should, if not better when you compare him to Walsh who went at 1.

The ACL argument is crap, they don’t matter these days with the advancements in rehabilitation. Every second player is doing their ACL it seems like.

I’d bank on that Future 1st not being a late pick.
That’s where the problem lays, there’s no guarantee of a return to Finals with a bunch of guys retiring or finishing up.

We saw in 2023 what happens if we get struck with injuries and older blokes lose half a step from their best.
We had our worst finish EVER.

Harder schedule, guys all a year older, losing a fair few to retirement. Tassie coming in soon where picks in future drafts will be devalued.
It would be super risky for them to throw a future first in, way too volatile a situation heading towards a retool/rebuild.

I’d bank on that Future 1st not being a late pick.
That’s where the problem lays, there’s no guarantee of a return to Finals with a bunch of guys retiring or finishing up.

We saw in 2023 what happens if we get struck with injuries and older blokes lose half a step from their best.
We had our worst finish EVER.

Harder schedule, guys all a year older, losing a fair few to retirement. Tassie coming in soon where picks in future drafts will be devalued.
It would be super risky for them to throw a future first in, way too volatile a situation heading towards a retool/rebuild.
It's hard to tell. The way your club is going atm it's quite likely they're finals contenders next season. I don't see a bottom 4 berth though. That hasn't been a thing at your club for nearly a decade. Bailey Smith should be commanding a top 10 pick with the contract geelong is offering and obviously he would have been a value of geelong 2023 last year if he requested a trade back then contract or out of contract.

A 3 way trade with Suns maybe.
Dogs give 32*& Bailey Smith and get 15* and 20*
Geelong give 15* & 35* & F3 and get Bailey & 70*.
Suns give 20* and 70* get 32* & 35* and F3*.

Ok but that's not a great yardstick and doesn't quite match the original comment.

Regardless, this thread was all pretty civil and everyone was pretty aligned to a value until it became real and fear of loss set in. Now everyone is panicking despite nothing really changing

It's hard to tell. The way your club is going atm it's quite likely they're finals contenders next season. I don't see a bottom 4 berth though. That hasn't been a thing at your club for nearly a decade. Bailey Smith should be commanding a top 10 pick with the contract geelong is offering and obviously he would have been a value of geelong 2023 last year if he requested a trade back then contract or out of contract.

A 3 way trade with Suns maybe.
Dogs give 32*& Bailey Smith and get 15* and 20*
Geelong give 15* & 35* & F3 and get Bailey & 70*.
Suns give 20* and 70* get 32* & 35* and F3*.
Does anyone actually know what the contract is? And if you do are you calibrating the taking point for the massive amount of cap space all clubs currently have?

Dollars aren't worth what they were

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back