Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it doesn't... that would be essentially a first and second
It's not though.

I'm a big proponent of this trade but you have to recognise there a fair bit going on that adds pretty substantial risk.

They didn't trade out a future first for Ollie Henry off the back of a premiership year I don't think they'll do it for a guy off an acl with other things to sort out.

It's not though.

I'm a big proponent of this trade but you have to recognise there a fair bit going on that adds pretty substantial risk.

They didn't trade out a future first for Ollie Henry off the back of a premiership year I don't think they'll do it for a guy off an acl with other things to sort out.
Smith's a far far better player than Henry was at the time of the trade. Not really a useful comparison

It's not though.

Oli Henry was a very late first round pick who struggled to get a game consistently Bailey Smith was winning finals off his own boot at 21 they aren't remotely comparable

Oli Henry was a very late first round pick who struggled to get a game consistently Bailey Smith was winning finals off his own boot at 21 they aren't remotely comparable
Look I'm not arguing Smith isn't good at footy. I'm arguing that the Cats would put a line in the sand on trade value based on risk.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong

Why would he go to Geelong to be behind Danger, Atkins, Bruhn, Holmes, Mullin, Blicavs, Mannagh in the midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back