Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Im keen to see how he actually goes in Geelongs midfield- and is that where he will actually play? I’m definitely not all over his playing style but I struggle to see him as a ball winner and more a running player/ winger. Surely if he’s capable as a full time mid then goin by his early career form the Dogs have completely mismanaged him.. is this the case?
bontempelli, macrae and libba kept him out, i wouldn't call that mismanagement

Posters: “Pick 17 is the best you’re going to get, maybe a later pick with it - that’s better than walking him to the draft and getting nothing”.

….

Same posters: “LOLS SAMMY POWER GOT BENT OVER / HERES A PHOTO OF LUBE”.

I’d suggest some of you listen to the Connors interview on SEN this morning and start to get some sense around it all, because right now, you sound like moronic bogans.

Posters: “Pick 17 is the best you’re going to get, maybe a later pick with it - that’s better than walking him to the draft and getting nothing”.

….

I’d suggest some of you listen to the Connors interview on SEN this morning and start to get some sense around it all, because right now, you sound like moronic bogans.

Both things can be true if he's posturing about a top 10 pick that was never gonna happen. Do the trade in the first week and you might have been able to on-trade for something you wanted.

Both things can be true if he's posturing about a top 10 pick that was never gonna happen. Do the trade in the first week and you might have been able to on-trade for something you wanted.

Power got less than he wanted and Mackie gave up more than he wanted. Connors literally admitted to walking in the room and asking Geelong to give up more. He also talked up Power very highly on two occasions.

It’s a trade that finally somewhat found some middle ground.

….

I would argue you got worse than what the posters were saying. It just a minor late pick upgrade, not even a late pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Bailey Smith: 4-way trade: B. Smith (WB) & pick 45 to Geel / pick 38 to Carl / Macrae (WB) to StK / pick 17 & Kennedy (Carl) to WB

Remove this Banner Ad

Back