Barlow Trade Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not entirely sure what I am going to do with Barlow at this stage.

My current midfield reads Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Selwood, Gibbs and Barlow.

At this stage I'm looking at 4 different players - Ablett, Boyd, Hayes and Corey.

All 4 are guns but they all have varying degrees of risk associated with them.

Ablett is the standout but can he recapture some of his early season form which set him on his own DT level? Will he be rested nearer the end of the season which coincides with DT finals?

Boyd is one of my favourite players and is capable of some huge scores. Usually is ultra-consistent but capable of a stinker every once in a while. Definitely won't be rested with the Dogs fighting for a top 4 spot.

Hayes is a star but may be rested at some stage with the Saints cruising.

Corey is an interesting one. He is a star and made a great return for the Cats over te weekend but has been out for a log while so I'm a bit wary of bringing him in. Having said that, he's very unique at this stage with virtually no top teams having him. I am currently ranked 494 an on the improve so he could be a great way for me to continue my rise up the rankings if he continues his form as a DT star. He would also help me in my league.

All 4 are viable options and they are all tempting me. I have a fair bit of thinking to do wrote lockout on Friday, that's for sure.

My midfield is Swan, Bartel, Montagna, Mitchell, Didak and Barlow.

If you'd told me a while back that I could get GAJ for 456k I would have jumped at the chance. Now, I dunno. I'm worried he'll get rested come DT finals time. Already have 3 cats and 3 saints, so maybe I'll go for Boyd instead, or if I want a little more cash, Judd or even Thompson. But GAJ is still in the picture. Decisions decisions!

I like the look of Lenny, and I don't think Saints or Cats players will be rested since they'll be fighting for top spot (and likely the right to play Freo/WB instead of Collingwood). But Sam Mitchell is also looking quite tempting to as I need to trade out Ziebell...

Trying to decide between the following two combos:

Hayes/Higgins
or
Mitchell/Harvey

Leaning towards the first option at the moment...

Barlow --> Judd/Mitchell/StantonShuey --> ThompsonI'll probably be the only person in the top 100 without Ablett.

Don't have Swan or Ablett. And because I don't have Goddard either, I'm thinking of going with him. Yes, my team is arse. No, I won't be making this mistake again.

Is this one of the biggest trades in DT history? Was a lock for all active teams from round 2 on, at just 100,000 or something, and most people felt secure with him there.

I just had a gut feeling I'd be trading him out though :S

My midfield is Swan, Bartel, Montagna, Mitchell, Didak and Barlow.

If you'd told me a while back that I could get GAJ for 456k I would have jumped at the chance. Now, I dunno. I'm worried he'll get rested come DT finals time. Already have 3 cats and 3 saints, so maybe I'll go for Boyd instead, or if I want a little more cash, Judd or even Thompson. But GAJ is still in the picture. Decisions decisions!

Doubt it. The big reasons the Saints and Cats rested players late last year is all their games were dead rubbers and they couldn't fall below 2nd, and certainly not out of the 4. And there was no interstate team in the top 4 either. And you could have predicted it based on the ladder you saw at round 14-15. Based on the ladder as it stands today, there's no reason to think the Cats (or St Kilda) will be in a position to rest multiple players in rounds 20-22, so I wouldn't be jumping at shadows.

Anyway, on your decision, Boyd is a DT gun so he's a good option.

Not entirely sure what I am going to do with Barlow at this stage.

My current midfield reads Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Selwood, Gibbs and Barlow.

At this stage I'm looking at 4 different players - Ablett, Boyd, Hayes and Corey.

All 4 are guns but they all have varying degrees of risk associated with them.

Ablett is the standout but can he recapture some of his early season form which set him on his own DT level? Will he be rested nearer the end of the season which coincides with DT finals?

Boyd is one of my favourite players and is capable of some huge scores. Usually is ultra-consistent but capable of a stinker every once in a while. Definitely won't be rested with the Dogs fighting for a top 4 spot.

Hayes is a star but may be rested at some stage with the Saints cruising.

Corey is an interesting one. He is a star and made a great return for the Cats over te weekend but has been out for a log while so I'm a bit wary of bringing him in. Having said that, he's very unique at this stage with virtually no top teams having him. I am currently ranked 494 an on the improve so he could be a great way for me to continue my rise up the rankings if he continues his form as a DT star. He would also help me in my league.

All 4 are viable options and they are all tempting me. I have a fair bit of thinking to do wrote lockout on Friday, that's for sure.

Corey is a gun. 10 tackles first game back says he hasn't lost too much conditioning and will play every game for the rest of the year as he needs to get continuity. Also will never cop too much attention from the opposition which helps his scoring.

There are a few other good options at the price though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definately wouldnt be worried about Ablett getting rested. Would be more worried about his Hammys tbh. Not saying it wont happen but last year Stkilda had top spot secure from about round 19 or 20 giving Geelong the luxury of resting Ablett and others. Providing Stkilda and Collingwood keep performing, all 3 of these teams will be in an arm wrestle for the top two spots. Cant see Any of these 3 teams resting players if this is the case. Then again with that being said, Geelongs round 22 trip to Western Australia to face bottom of the ladder West Coast could be a worry but we ll see what happens

If there's ever a prime time for a whole host of Geelong players to get rested, it would be Rd 22 at Skilled versus a very poor side from interstate that could finish bottom.

Really torn atm - really want Hayes to round out my midfield for Barlow, but talk of groin troubles has put me off him. I would go Boyd but the extra 20k or so could come in very hand overt he next couple of weeks- Hayes is underpriced and good value atm aswell.

Am wondering if, instead of Hayes, Dal Santo would be a good pick up?

Im sitting about 50th overall so the car isnt out the question. 8 trades left 4 thousand in the bank.

Mid field currently - Ablett, swan, bartel, gibbs, judd, barlow (howlett, shuey)

I want montagna but miss out just with the 1 trade.

So what should i do

option 1 - howlett to mcneil as i have dp forwards then barlow to montags leaving me with alot of money in bank for future trades

option 2 - barlow to boyd or other mid same price or less than barlow

Please help

I think I just thought of a good (and unique?) idea to replace Barlow..

Trade Barlow in for McNeil ($), then put Pav/ROK/Dids in the mid leaving McNeil in the fwd line, then just use the money to trade out McNeil for Riewoldt next week.

It will use 2 trades but you get Riewoldt in your fwd line and gives me a DPP option for the future..

Sounds good? or just stick with 1 trade and get Montagna in?
Will cost me a league win this week, but I already pretty much cemented my place in the top4...

Im sitting about 50th overall so the car isnt out the question. 8 trades left 4 thousand in the bank.

Mid field currently - Ablett, swan, bartel, gibbs, judd, barlow (howlett, shuey)

I want montagna but miss out just with the 1 trade.

So what should i do

option 1 - howlett to mcneil as i have dp forwards then barlow to montags leaving me with alot of money in bank for future trades

option 2 - barlow to boyd or other mid same price or less than barlow

Please help

2nd option for sure. 6 Trades with a DP cover should be fine. Tags is a much better option than Boyd. (almost 10ppg) which is 80 points over the season, and like you said you would need to make a downgrade with your next trade anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Barlow Trade Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back