Be Fair

Remove this Banner Ad

dhdc freo

Rookie
Aug 24, 2009
jandakot
AFL Club
Fremantle
As gutted as i am about the result today,we have to be fair to the club and players.our massive injury list is forcing players to be played out of position,and we must have many players who would not be playing if we had fit replacements.
Every list needs to have project type players,young players and will have players out of form and confidence,its just that we have to play all of these at the moment,Griffin played his 1st game and Muzungu has only played 5 qrts of AFL
Its not an excuse,just fact.not saying all will be fixed when players return,we may even have to wait till next year to see the best of them,a 5% drop off would have a big effect in the AFL,we must have a 30% drop off with the players we are having to put out there,but while things are so extreme we have to be fair.

Normally I'd agree with you but today was insipid from the players and uninspired from the coaching dept. Outpointed in every area on our home deck by a team that has been terrible this year. From the first bounce we were completely outplayed and outcoached.

It's not the fact that our skills were bad (although that was part of it), first year players weren't good enough etc. The main reason why that performance was so insipid because right from the start you could just tell we didn't have our heart in it. Nobody tried at all.

There is really only so much that can be done,i just really wanted guys have a red hot crack,but on the drive home i considered the position we are in with our list,the players are only human and it must be having a negative effect.
As well as the injurys,we also have

Van berlo-fringe player
Roberton-future player
Johnson-WAFL player!-lost all confidence
Ibbotson-limited pre season-finding form
Palmer-getting there
Griifin-First FD game-First AFL game in a long time
Muzungu-First full game
Hill-seems to be carrying something[maybe 10 other players]
Fyfe-Absolute star,but is still going to have his off days
Crowley-almost done[apart from port game]
Pearce-pulled out
Crichton-Fringe player-needs time.
This is from players in our team today,not our list,You can carry players on your list for future development,but when they are forced into action,you have to expect days like this.Having said that,you would have to carry me off if you gave me the privilege of wearing the jumper

Give me a break champ. There's no excuse for lack of intensity and trying. I can take a loss, even heavy losses but what shits me is when team doesn't give a shit. Our senior and best players were the biggest culprits today.

Injuries are no excuse for that.. worst live performance i have ever seen from the club bar none. I love trips down memory lane, but not when it comes to this club.. that was circa 90's freo at places like Victoria Park

Agree it has nothing to do with injuries. The players out there just didn't give it a go.

No one would be complaining as much if they at least looked like they wanted to be playing football. Nearly the whole team was soft and slow. Reminded me very much of the game against Geelong at Subi in 2006 right before the winning streak started.

Agree it has nothing to do with injuries. The players out there just didn't give it a go.

No one would be complaining as much if they at least looked like they wanted to be playing football. Nearly the whole team was soft and slow. Reminded me very much of the game against Geelong at Subi in 2006 right before the winning streak started.

Maybe this game will start a winning streak for us then! :p

crossroads.jpg

It was not just a crap movie with Britney - it is where this club currently is.

I'm of the opinion now, that this season is gone after watching today's,

meek effort ,worst performance,

under harves.with injuries to barlow & mora,plus

interupted pre-seasons to key mids, we are just getting

destroyed through the midfield.

History says if you have a bad pre-season your gone.

Hawks 2009,crows 2010,freo 2011.

There always next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm of the opinion now, that this season is gone after watching today's,

meek effort ,worst performance,

under harves.with injuries to barlow & mora,plus

interupted pre-seasons to key mids, we are just getting

destroyed through the midfield.

History says if you have a bad pre-season your gone.

Hawks 2009,crows 2010,freo 2011.

There always next year.

A bit pessimistic. 2006 we were in 10th or 11th at the mid-season split round, and stormed home to finish 3rd. It can be done again, just got to stay in touch with the top 8.

Hopefully it will be just the kick in the pants players need.

I know it's tough, both physically and mentally, to play at your very best week in, week out.

But, they've got to learn to do it somehow.

Richmond game should of been the kick in the pants
If not that one the egirls game should of been the kick in the pants.
They should of realised what the egirls just did to them is what freo did to everyone else in 2010.
Unless we get back that hunger, desire to rise up the ladder.
We were not a team of great players last year, we were a team with great teamwork.

I kept hearing things from the young players in interviews about how its up to them to drive this club forward.
When they came in they were played in their natural positions an shown plenty of faith.
Im now hearing that kind of stuff out of Geelong.
An im hearing from Harvey Pav has to play midfield till we get some guys back from injury then he MAY go forward.
What happened to giving the young guys an opportunity?
Showing faith in them?
Giving them confidence?

Now it seems like any player who comes in its hey mate your playing this week but its only coz player x is injured.

Still pissed about the game
Stupid start time.
Should of went into work an made some money instead of wasting my time watching them serve up that crap.

A bit pessimistic. 2006 we were in 10th or 11th at the mid-season split round, and stormed home to finish 3rd. It can be done again, just got to stay in touch with the top 8.

i personally underestimated the impact of injuries to key players, crucial

to our structures.pessimistic or realistic.

the facts say, we will struggle to play finals this year.:(

Sticking up for Griff & Goo?? They weren't the problem. Everyone else was bar 1-2.

For whatever reason the players aren't going with the gameplan, we're outnumbered 5-1 at every contest and the players are simply not interested in getting to contests, shepparding, giving their teammates options or even really causing the opposition grief.

There is really only so much that can be done,i just really wanted guys have a red hot crack,but on the drive home i considered the position we are in with our list,the players are only human and it must be having a negative effect.
As well as the injurys,we also have

Van berlo-fringe player
Roberton-future player
Johnson-WAFL player!-lost all confidence
Ibbotson-limited pre season-finding form
Palmer-getting there
Griifin-First FD game-First AFL game in a long time
Muzungu-First full game
Hill-seems to be carrying something[maybe 10 other players]
Fyfe-Absolute star,but is still going to have his off days
Crowley-almost done[apart from port game]
Pearce-pulled out
Crichton-Fringe player-needs time.
This is from players in our team today,not our list,You can carry players on your list for future development,but when they are forced into action,you have to expect days like this.Having said that,you would have to carry me off if you gave me the privilege of wearing the jumper

That's an exceptionally optimistic way of putting things

Van Berlo/Critchton: In the side due to injuries

Roberton: Gone backwards since last year

Griffin/Mzungu: Saints game can't and won't be put on their shoulders

Hill: Will always struggle against a team like the Saints, but if his team mates arn't going to block for him and free him I don't know what else we can expect

Fyfe: Clearly injured but continued to show extreme promise

Crowley: Potentially in his last year

Ibbotson: I know he's been injured but seems to hide in the shadow of Johnson when it comes to under performing players

Johnson: Another insipid perfomance

Mundy: Down day but I think we'll grant him one a season

Pavlich: No support

Mayne: Tries hard but isn't suited to being a lone target

Why is Anthony not being played???

Why is Anthony not being played???

Probably because he managed to amass a massive one handball in the WAFL as his solitary stat last week... Having absolutely no professional footy experience whatsoever, I'm not kidding when I say I think I could've done better.

(I could've had two handballs!)

Made me sick watching Hill getting smashed from pillar to post by a talentless hack like Jones and not one team mate giving him a chop out.

Surely protecting the likes of Hill and Fyfe and Deboer's job, if we're not going to play him in the forward line as a stopper his job is to free up our skillful play makers.

DeBoer's job today seemed to be trying to poleaxe Montagna (while Montagna was kicking goals and setting up play). Seriously not one player stuck up for Hill today or even tried to block for him.

DeBoer's job today seemed to be trying to poleaxe Montagna (while Montagna was kicking goals and setting up play). Seriously not one player stuck up for Hill today or even tried to block for him.

At least Montagna's guernsey looked as tho' it had seen better days :thumbsu:

Total possies, Montagna 23; De Boer 18

Seems to me Hills form has dropped a bit since Suban has been out.

It was a totally crap game from us. I knew we were completely f***ed when Goddard went down at the end of the first quarter. 25 points down, their most influential player gone, a perfect opportunity to step up as a team, show some character and grit to transform a poor start into a moral boosting effort. We always fail miserably under those circumstances. Best way to get Freo to fold is to give us an opportunity to prove we aren't a basket case and we will take the basket case option every time :eek: :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Be Fair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back