Beamer to test waters of free agency

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see my club having good hard look at him, we have the cap space to throw some big $ around, I imagine already having Adam Maric and Brad Miller would make the transition slightly easier.

If he was going to leave, he'd go to a club that had a chance of success. Why would he leave Melbourne and go to Richmond? Tigers a way off it as well.

The Bombers wanted him last year and he said no, who knows they may have a go again. We can't lose him though, he is the only one who can get a clearance.

Some more feel-good reading on the AFL website. They're all getting in on it now.

Finals could see Dees flee

Moloney I would expect but if Jamar walks I'd be very disapointed. If it wasn't for the faith and patience the club kept 4 yrs back he'd be playing for North Adelaide and earning bugger all.

In any case we'll see what happens.

I can see my club having good hard look at him, we have the cap space to throw some big $ around, I imagine already having Adam Maric and Brad Miller would make the transition slightly easier.

God I hope not! Demons will be better off without him and we certainly don't need to add this cretin to our midfield. He overrates himself massively and it is showing onfield. In case you are wondering I know him personally and his attitude sucks would not survive a month under Dimma.

If Moloney leaves it will make his speech at the B&F a few years ago one of the most hypocritical statements ever.

Simple and judicious evidence-based assessment there, Comrade. The hypocrisy involved would be of Abbott-esque levels :eek:

Moloney can G&GF, played like Nathan Jones circa 2008 last night.

Considering Nathan Jones 2012 is delivering as much, if not more than what Beamer was last year then I reckon he can just get out.

God I hope not! Demons will be better off without him and we certainly don't need to add this cretin to our midfield. He overrates himself massively and it is showing onfield. In case you are wondering I know him personally and his attitude sucks would not survive a month under Dimma.

Please elaborate...

Seriously, Beamer needs to learn to adapt to the modern day game otherwise his free agency will be fool agency. If he is struggling an a poor side like ours, he isn't going to cut it elsewhere.

Seriously, Beamer needs to learn to adapt to the modern day game otherwise his free agency will be fool agency. If he is struggling an a poor side like ours, he isn't going to cut it elsewhere.

Agree - people won't be throwing money at a guy who struggled in a side that couldn't win games. LAST year he could've had some currency but not now.

I reckon Neeld already knows plenty about our list and will be planning accordingly. Not too sure if someone like Beamer will be a part of that just yet.

In the games where we get slaughtered by a superior midfield it is natural to first look at our best mid in Moloney. But when you have 4 solid mids vs 1-2 its tough for our #1 mid. Still I have doubt of his attitude (maybe it is the result?) and his ability to defend. In a good team it wouldn't be an issue, he'd get a gig elsewhere if he wanted but he wouldn't be as an important player to that side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we need him?

What does he offer? Single-speed occasional pack-bursting. His best games have been against sides worse than the MFC on an old game plan. He's averaging 17 disposals and 3 tackles a game, but he sure as hell doesn't impact with them.

We've got Jones, Magner, Beamer, Couch who are all that type, as well as McKenzie who can fill that role in a press. Is Beamer better than Jones? No. Is he better than Magner? On current form, no. He's better than Couch, but Couch is a rookie.

He's single speed, his kicking isn't great and he's got attitude issues as well as making feelers to leave. Good riddance.

We should be looking at building a side around Clark and Jones.

If Jamar decides to stay - that would be great as his knowledge of ruckwork
would benefit us alone, especially helping Gawn, who wont be ready till 2014.

Id let Moloney walk myself, he had a great year sharking Jamars taps,
only to hack the ball forward with no direction at all.
Now Neeld - who was a midfield coach at Collingwood - has at least got
Jamar tapping it to Jones, who involves others in the play and gives us
more direction going forward, at least giving Clark a chance.

On top of all this If I was Brent, Id hardly be happy anyway.
I cant see him playing in our next flag the way things are going and no
doubt he would see this - and with the temptation of earning far greater
amounts elsewhere and having a chance to win a flag, Id expect that we will
let Moloney walk for the benefit of both parties.

We should be looking at building a side around Clark and Jones.

If Jamar decides to stay - that would be great as his knowledge of ruckwork
would benefit us alone, especially helping Gawn, who wont be ready till 2014.

Id let Moloney walk myself, he had a great year sharking Jamars taps,
only to hack the ball forward with no direction at all.
Now Neeld - who was a midfield coach at Collingwood - has at least got
Jamar tapping it to Jones, who involves others in the play and gives us
more direction going forward, at least giving Clark a chance.

On top of all this If I was Brent, Id hardly be happy anyway.
I cant see him playing in our next flag the way things are going and no
doubt he would see this - and with the temptation of earning far greater
amounts elsewhere and having a chance to win a flag, Id expect that we will
let Moloney walk for the benefit of both parties.

This. What's more, I worry that his obvious disgruntlement with the new regime might infect the younger players. If that's the case, he's gotta go ASAP. Needs to get over himself or move on.

Do you think the rumours about the older guys wanting out is in part related to past treatment of guys like Miller, McDonald and Robinson?

Now I guess you can add Green to the list along with some others.

You need to have some hard bodies to help all these kids you will be getting.

Clarke is a great pick up and his attitude problems from Brisbane are gone so a change of club can fix someone up.

I think Jones and Magner are the hard bodies we need in the midfield, McKenzie is young, but he's an absolute hard nut too. I don't see what Beamer offers us that we haven't got covered with other, younger, more motivated players.

Up forward and back we've got Clark and Frawley as the focal points.

Basically, we need someone with a bit of flair and good footwork in the midfield, which Moloney ain't, seeing as we've got the gruntwork covered reasonably well for the future in my opinion.

We need to build our list around our leadership group.

Grimes, Trengove, Jones, Clark, Frawley, Garland, Jamar, Bartram.

Guys who give their all every game.

There are of course other players who are just as important to our future; Watts, Howe, Tapscott, Jurrah etc.

But those 8 are the ones that need to push our culture change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Beamer to test waters of free agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back