Opinion Best 22 for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

MC have their list of undroppables, I just hope the younger and more talented players complete full preseasons and are in the mix. Sav, Narkle, Cocky. O’Connor played well in the EF, perhaps he’ll become a regular. Would like to see what Constable is capable of.

The trick is to put your opponent under more pressure than they can you. That’s what leads to the imbalance in mistakes. That’s where we have continually failed because Scott has tried to defy the pressure trend and win with a different type of game style.

Scott's trying to implement that game but either he's not able or the current list is not capable of morphing high pressure football.
I think it's both, not much will change, 8th again in 2019.

Last edited:
Scott's trying to implement that game but either he's not able or the current list is not capable of morphing high pressure football.
I think it's both, not much will change, 8th again in 2019.
Not a pressure game he isn’t. He’s trying to play a different game and it hasn’t worked.

MC have their list of undroppables, I just hope the younger and more talented players complete full preseasons and are in the mix. Sav, Narkle, Cocky. O’Connor played well in the EF, perhaps he’ll become a regular. Would like to see what Constable is capable of.

If any of those first 4 you mentioned play much (or any) VFL next year I'll be disappointed. All of them have shown glimpses of exceptional ability and they've all had significant impacts on certain games already. All of them should be walk up best 22 players next year.

FB: Henry Blicavs Bews
HB: Stewart Henderson Touhy
C: Duncan J.Selwood Narkle
HF: Dangerfield Ratugolea Rohan
FF: Fogarty Hawkins Miers
R: Stanley Dalhouse Parfitt
B: Koldjashnij Menegola Ablett/Constable Cunico

This isn't the best team, but the way i'd like to see it line up, more or less. I'd like to see continue on with playing youth next year but not because of injury this time around. Rohan in the Fwd line shows you just how dire our fwd situation is. I want Constable to get game time and Ablett shouldn't play the whole year.

Bews, Blitz, Henry
Stewart, Henderson, Touhy
Rohan, Selwood, Cockatoo
Duncan, Hawkins, Dalhouse
Narkle, Ratugolea, Ablett
Stanley, Danger, Kelly
I: Menengola, Kolo, Parfitt, Guthrie, Fogarty, Cunico, Constable, Miers

FB:J.Henry, M.Blicavs, T.Stewart
HB:J.Bews, L.Henderson, Z.Thuoy
C:M.Duncan, J.Selwood, B.Parfitt
HF:S.Menengola, E.Ratugolea, G.Rohan
FF:L.Dalhouse, T.Hawkins, N.Cockatoo
R:R.Stanley, P.Dangerfield, G.Abblet
I:S.Selwood C.Guthrie J.Kolo L.Fogarty

FB: Bews. Blicavs. Stewart

HB: Tuohey. Henderson Henry

C: Parfitt. J Selwood. Duncan

HF: Rohan. Hawkins. Cockatoo

FF: Ablett. Ratugolea. Dahlhaus

R: Stanley. Danger. Kelly

Bench: Menengola, C Guthrie, Fogarty, Narkle

Abbott, kolo, Kreuger, Cunico, Constable

FB Henry Blicavs Henderson
HB Tuohy Kolodjashnij Stewart
C Duncan Kelly Cunico
HF Murdoch Hawkins Rohan
FF Dangerfield Ratugolea Cockatoo
Fol Stanley Selwood Parfitt
Int Ablett Menegola Dahlhaus Guthrie

FB Bews Blitz O'Conner
HB Stewart Henry Tuohy
C Narkle Kelly Duncan
HF Rohan SavRat Cocky
FF Ablett Hawkins Dahlhaus
FOL Stanley Dangerfield Selwood.J.
INT FOG Parfitt Guthrie.C. Kolo
Menegola Constable Hendo Miers
Simpson Cunico Guthrie.Z. Jones
Abbott Scooter
Sam Sturt + Nathan Krueger + Oscar Brownless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing is I hope is Ablett plays forward 80% of game time this year... We need to back in our youth and let them to step up and take the game by the horns, Plus Ablett playing forward could kick you 2/3 goals a game. ...

No Bews? That's a lot of talls.
A lot of our defenders(Kolodjashnij, Stewart and Henry) can play tall or small as the match ups require. For a small defender Bews doesn't provide enough rebound we can have our versatile players cover his role. I think the rule changes encourage 1 on 1 contested marking duels which makes me prioritise aerial ability. The team has no KPP or ruckman on the bench which makes the team look taller than it is.

A lot of our defenders(Kolodjashnij, Stewart and Henry) can play tall or small as the match ups require. For a small defender Bews doesn't provide enough rebound we can have our versatile players cover his role. I think the rule changes encourage 1 on 1 contested marking duels which makes me prioritise aerial ability. The team has no KPP or ruckman on the bench which makes the team look taller than it is.
Yeah fair enough. I thought you literally did mean Kolo as the CHB in that set up. I still think he's better as a proper KPD but if Henderson and Blitz are playing they will shoe horn him in. I still think they will include Bews though as the pure lock down small.

It’s a futile exercise but here goes:

FB: Bews ~ Blicavs ~ Taylor/Henderson
HB: Stewart ~ Kolodjashnij ~ Tuohy
C: Duncan ~ J Selwood ~ Parfitt
HF: Dahlhaus ~ Ratugolea ~ Menegola
FF: Rohan ~ Hawkins ~ Ablett
R: Stanley ~ Dangerfield ~ Kelly
INT: Cockatoo ~ Henry ~ Narkle ~ Fogarty

* One of Taylor/Henderson
* S Selwood and C Guthrie to be used as depth (won’t happen)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
FB: Bews ~ Blicavs ~ Henderson
INT: Henry ~ Menzel ~ Cockatoo ~ C Guthrie

Emerg: Fogarty ~ Taylor ~ Narkle ~ Scooter ~ Zuthrie ~ O'Conner

FB: Bews ~ Blicavs ~ Henderson
INT: Henry ~ Menzel ~ Cockatoo ~ C Guthrie

Emerg: Fogarty ~ Taylor ~ Narkle ~ Scooter ~ Zuthrie ~ O'Conner
Nice. I'd replace Rohan with Narkle until he proves he's better. Also, Freddy Kreuger may surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Best 22 for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back