Best 22 in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Thurlow is still in the best 22 for mine. Unless ofcourse we aren't doing best 22s and if so then can we stop calling it best 22.
May I direct you to the pedantry board?

This is an impossible task. Today's 22 were sensational. But you still have to include Henderson, cockatoo and Scott selwood. And in a perfect world, Mitch Clark and thurlow. I would hate to be on the match committee this week.m

FB Henderson Lonergan Enright
HB Guthrie Taylor Mackie
C Duncan Dangerfield Cowan
HF Motlop Stanley Caddy
FF Menzel Hawkins McCarthy
Fol Smith Selwood S.Selwood
Int Blicavs Ruggles Menegola Bartel
EMG Bews Kolodjashnij Cockatoo
Can't fault that team.

I think there's only one spot for Ruggles or Bews with both of them performing well and right now Cowan is probably keeping Cockatoo out.

This is an impossible task. Today's 22 were sensational. But you still have to include Henderson, cockatoo and Scott selwood. And in a perfect world, Mitch Clark and thurlow. I would hate to be on the match committee this week.m

Certainly Henderson.... I liked what he added in the forwardline... bit hard getting 27 into 22. I agree MC job will be tough

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thurlow won't be in the best 22 in 2016. Clark doesn't deserve a spot, either.

HB Guthrie Taylor Mackie
HF Motlop Stanley Caddy

Against the Hawks, this would be perfect.

Right balance of talls and inside mids....which West Coast demonstrated is the key to crushing Hawthorn.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Thurlow is still in the best 22 for mine. Unless ofcourse we aren't doing best 22s and if so then can we stop calling it best 22.

It says best 22 in 2016. Thurlow wont play in 2016 so its correct.

HB Guthrie Taylor Mackie
HF Motlop Stanley Caddy

Bews vs cowan for the last spot and i would possibly bring bews in depending on what opposition we were playing. But yep thats our best 22 with bews kolo cockatoo kersten and lang as the backups.

He is on the list. Best 22 refers to the best team if no one is injured. Thurlow not injured is in the the team.

Disagree but anyway thats ok. Thurlow will be in the best 22 next year.

HB Guthrie Taylor Mackie
HF Motlop Stanley Caddy

i think thats the team, would love to see cockatoo in there but his kicking has been woeful and i dont see them dropping blicavs or stanley

Cowan 10 tackles yesterday

More chance of being in the coaches votes than being dropped I'd think.

For all the talk of difficult decisions I think it's actually pretty easy. The obvious decision is Henderson and S Selwood for Bews and Kolo. They're unlucky but there's nobody they deserve a spot ahead of and our midfield operates better with Selwood as the lockdown releasing Blicavs. The really tough decision will come if Cockatoo lights up the VFL this week and next.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 22 in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back