Mega Thread BH Project 2015 VI - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're

Don't see us needing Henderson, we need more midfield support not KPP

The Dangerfield one is the least likely for them to get as a F/A unless they do some draft tampering. Can only trade one early future pick too which doesn't help them much.
You can only trade 1 future 1st rounder pick, but will need this years as well. Danger might take this and next years 1st rounder, so how will they trade for Henderson, Smith?

Pick 12 in a poor draft and pick 31.

You are overrating picks.

Henderson is going to be a 200-250 game player and Yarran the same.

Plenty of busts in the draft.

Anyway...agree to disagree.
Yarran and Henderson are not worth pick 12 and 31 in any draft.

200 game players...... so Richmond get 83 unispiring games out of Henderson and 81 out of Yarran. Yep great use of those draft picks, right up there with the Hampson trade.

Yarran and Henderson are not worth pick 12 and 31 in any draft.

200 game players...... so Richmond get 83 unispiring games out of Henderson and 81 out of Yarran. Yep great use of those draft picks, right up there with the Hampson trade.

On average, pick 12s play 37 games for their club and pick 31s play 26. So yes, good use.

Annoying how fringe players from interstate clubs get the "who the hell is _____" or "he'll certainly be an improvement to our VFL side" treatment. Couple of years ago, most people here had no idea who Miles was and while it was a rookie selection, can't remember a 100% positive reaction.

There's no guarantee we get Colledge. There's no guarantee he becomes a best 22 player. But unless you know about the player or whatever, even as a joke, the whole "I don't know who this player is but he's a fringe player so he must be crap" thing is just pointless.

People can try and find out about a player in a less aggressive manner.

And for those who don't know Colledge, I think he would've been drafted as more of a forward but at 192cm and 91kgs, he's played through the midfield in the WAFL. Has some quiet games but is a huge presence. I've said on here a few times about really liking the work of Jansen and CEY. Colledge has a bit more of a question mark on him, but some good VFL performances could see him get into the 22 and have a real impact. No harm done for a late pick.

You can only trade 1 future 1st rounder pick, but will need this years as well. Danger might take this and next years 1st rounder, so how will they trade for Henderson, Smith?
They've already lost 7 senior list players and 1 rookie from their list, so they clearly have some salary cap and list spaces to fill.
Now they are linked to 4 FA/trades, so that leaves 3 senior spots and 1 rookie for the draft, but they are going to be filling those senior spots with either elevated rookies (they have 3 rookies plus 2 category B rookies) or 4th round or later picks in a weak draft which is not ideal.
So unless they trade some more players out, which will leave more spots to fill in a weak draft, I have no idea how they're going to get these trades done.
I kinda hope that both Geelong & West Coast match the offers so they are left with nothing in the draft (and next years) and lose players.

Annoying how fringe players from interstate clubs get the "who the hell is _____" or "he'll certainly be an improvement to our VFL side" treatment. Couple of years ago, most people here had no idea who Miles was and while it was a rookie selection, can't remember a 100% positive reaction.

There's no guarantee we get Colledge. There's no guarantee he becomes a best 22 player. But unless you know about the player or whatever, even as a joke, the whole "I don't know who this player is but he's a fringe player so he must be crap" thing is just pointless.

And for those who don't know Colledge, I think he would've been drafted as more of a forward but at 192cm and 91kgs, he's played through the midfield in the WAFL. Has some quiet games but is a huge presence. I've said on here a few times about really liking the work of Jansen and CEY. Colledge has a bit more of a question mark on him, but some good VFL performances could see him get into the 22 and have a real impact. No harm done for a late pick.
Was a key forward and a pretty decent one, but there was question marks over his conversion.
The other side is that he can mark like a key forward which is a real plus for a midfielder.

They've already lost 7 senior list players and 1 rookie from their list, so they clearly have some salary cap and list spaces to fill.
Now they are linked to 4 FA/trades, so that leaves 3 senior spots and 1 rookie for the draft, but they are going to be filling those senior spots with either elevated rookies (they have 3 rookies plus 2 category B rookies) or 4th round or later picks in a weak draft which is not ideal.
So unless they trade some more players out, which will leave more spots to fill in a weak draft, I have no idea how they're going to get these trades done.
I kinda hope that both Geelong & West Coast match the offers so they are left with nothing in the draft (and next years) and lose players.
My point exactly.

Fair chance some of our supporters would have been livid had we picked up JP Kennedy from the Hawks at the time when Sydney got him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have to be a nominal pick. Miles got games at GWS, Josh Kennedy wanted more opportunities with guns in front of him. Colledge should really have got more games with West Coast who have had plenty of injuries so it doesn't give me great confidence.

Let's hunt the Crouch brothers. Two ball magnets. Not caring about matt's butchered possessions and brads dodgy foot. I'm still keen
Brad Crouch is a star. If we're prepared to throw 2 firsts at Trelor, I would not hesitate to offer Adel this years first and next years second for Brad Crouch.

If there is a doozy what are the odds we are driving up the price of players and making it seem like we keep missing to ensure another club doesn't have the dollars to outmatch us or picks to outbid us. If a player declares interest in joining Richmond after all these players join other clubs it would make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back