Not open for further replies.
Richmond trade thread...
Rumour posted...
vwMin.gif

Rumour challenged...
200_s.gif

Rumour denied...
giphy.gif

Rumour resauced... (yes, that is the correct spelling of sauce! )

Rumour resurrected...
vwMin.gif

And so on and so on and so on and so on...

Yarran and Henderson are not worth pick 12 and 31 in any draft.

200 game players...... so Richmond get 83 unispiring games out of Henderson and 81 out of Yarran. Yep great use of those draft picks, right up there with the Hampson trade.

Yarran is 24 is and Henderson 25. They will both play another 100-150 games of AFL easily....but you're missing the point as it would be 100-150 games in our premiership window.

Edwards (27), Riewoldt (27), Deledio (29 start of next season), Rance (4 more years if last deal rumors are true)

We are not old by any means but they are four crucial players to our premiership success who are now in their mid/late twenties. Picking up a draftee who will take 4 years to hit his straps won't really help us win a flag. The Next four years are crucial while we still have the above four playing in peak form. So I would suggest the next 100 games from Yarran and Henderson could be very crucial...unless you are crazy enough to believe Chaplin (30 next season) is good enough to hold down a CHB spot in a premiership side when he has proven time and time again he goes to water in big moments aka finals. We also need to grab a flag before the GWS/GC mature.

Can't convince people with no clue though so play on!

This ^

I was taking the piss out of those who are being vague and basically taking a guess or claiming to know information when they don't. I'm surprised so many took it seriously, was tongue in cheek, tried to make it look that way and I assumed everyone would know, but instead I ended up with over 40 notifications and several inbox messges.

Most of these people claiming to have ITK information are making general claims/statements that could be anything, so in the end when anthing happens, they can say 'look, it happened, I told you!' Some have tried to be more specific and have ended up with egg on their faces. This frequently happens with the Premier league media, some no-name journo will make several bullshit claims and just pray to skippy that at least one of them ends up being true so he can get more recognition and twitter followers.

Unless there's solid evidence like with Bennell, Yarran and Treloar from the actual media and footy personnel, why even bother?

A good example being RD here talking about his Mum saying that we're going to get Jaeger. I actually believe him and it would be pretty good if that happened, but unless there's bigger news, everyone might as well just take it with a grain of salt and see what happens during crunch time.

LOL! There will never be a more appropriate time to use this gif.
So Dan Richardson saying we will go to draft never happened??

He barracks for Carlton and that makes him a shit bloke?
Wouldn't have been a shit bloke had have he gone to the Tigers, no doubt.

We don't seem to be on the nose as much as I thought we may be...but some seem to be.
Anyway, no deals have been done yet and as long as players want to come to shit clubs, they won't be shit clubs for too long.
*hears* about treloar news by some w***er Carlton fan "I know what I'll do ! I'll go to the Richmond board !!"

I guess the question is would you trade Corey Ellis/Ben Lennon and Kamdyn McIntosh for Yarran and Henderson.

So no I wouldn't do it.

That's not the question at all. You've made a straw man argument by cherry picking certain players - I can do that too. Howbout Kane Lucas and Jason Tutt (picks 12 and 31 respectively in 2009)?

My post about average games is an indication as to the likelihood that picks 12 and 31 will turn into a long term player. You get far more sure things out of Yarran and Henderson than two speculative picks in a weak draft, anyone who can't see that is underrating the pair dramatically.

So when Richmond supporters go to the spoon board you've got that hairy mod there handing out infractions, now we have every second post here and the yarran thread being spoon supporters. :drunk:
I know , seriously I remember posting a legit comment after they lost to us and their mod went crazy , dr Mike why aren't you carding these campaigners like they have done to us ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to SEN's podcast of the run home from last night Brett Anderson again says word is Richmond has a big deal going but despite all efforts no one can find out who this player is...

Looks like we aren't the only ones hanging out for the doozy's identity. :D
And that's the way it should be:thumbsu:

Listening to SEN's podcast of the run home from last night Brett Anderson again says word is Richmond has a big deal going but despite all efforts no one can find out who this player is...

If so that's a strong endorsement for how professionally our guys are running things these days. Just a few days out from trade period too.

Or SEN reporters hang out around here

FWIW

Wallace stating on Trade Radio that Richmond is top 3 for retaining players. Top 10 players all in the right age bracket and half a dozen potential AA's. Pulled out some stats to say we are tracking in right direction but need to get something done this trade period to keep improving. Doesn't rate Yarran as meeting that criteria. Rates Astbury if he overcomes injury problems. Thinks losing Lennon would be a "nett loss".

If so that's a strong endorsement for how professionally our guys are running things these days. Just a few days out from trade period too.
And the likely hood of the manager and player being of reputable character. Sounds of a liam pickering special (not that he is reputable)

Just thought I would do a little maths on this coming trade window..

We started the season with 39 players on our list, 4 have since retired and 1 delisted bringing that total back down to 34.

As we all know, we must take three selections to the National Draft but there is no compulsion to use these picks on nominated players, especially in a weak draft. I believe we will probably elevate 2 off the rookie list to the senior list (Thomas and Lambert) leaving only the one live pick. I doubt we will take more than three picks to the draft as, we like every other club, rate it as quite shallow.

We also have 5 players still unsigned beyond 31 October this season (Grigg, Dea, Gordon, Lloyd and Lennon) plus also all 5 rookie listed players left. If we are to elevate players from the rookie list they also need to be contracted making this as many as 6 or 7 contracts we must finalise between now and the end of the month.

Therefore at the moment we have 34 players on our primary list, add 3 players for ND purposes still leaves us 37 players on our main list. We are still 2 short of the start of this season. That could grow as high as 7 if none of the soon to be uncontracted players re-sign with us.

I am sure that the worst case scenario of 7 players short on our list will not happen bur I also cannot see all 5 players still being with us beyond the end of the month. Therefore there will be at least 2 net players traded in and for each player uncontracted at the end of the month that does not sign, add an extra to the net players traded in.

Thus there appears plenty of opportunities for the doozy.

Last edited:
Just thought I would do a little maths on this coming trade window..

We started the season with 38 players on our list, 4 have since retired and 1 delisted bringing that total back down to 33.

As we all know, we must take three selections to the National Draft but there is no compulsion to use these picks on nominated players, especially in a weak draft. I believe we will probably elevate 2 off the rookie list to the senior list (Thomas and Lambert) leaving only the one live pick. I doubt we will take more than three picks to the draft as, we like every other club, rate it as quite shallow.

We also have 5 players still unsigned beyond 31 October this season (Grigg, Dea, Gordon, Lloyd and Lennon) plus also all 5 rookie listed players left. If we are to elevate players from the rookie list they also need to be contracted making this as many as 6 or 7 contracts we must finalise between now and the end of the month.

Therefore at the moment we have 33 players on our primary list, add 3 players for ND purposes still leaves us 36 players on our main list. We are still 2 short. That could grow as high as 7 if none of the soon to be uncontracted players re-sign with us.

I am sure that the worst case scenario of 7 players short on our list will not happen bur I also cannot see all 5 players still being with us beyond the end of the month. Therefore there will be at least 2 net players traded in and for each player uncontracted at the end of the month that does not sign, add an extra to the net players traded in.

Thus there appears plenty of opportunities for the doozy.
Not off to a good start there Davo. We started the season with 39 senior players and 5 rookies. Might have to rethink this one.

*hears* about treloar news by some ****** Carlton fan "I know what I'll do ! I'll go to the Richmond board !!"

I enjoy discussions with fellow AFL supporters.
They may not always end well but no harm in trying to talk to opposition camps.

I wrote on our board that I feel Richmond aren't out of the picture yet..........some 4 hours ago.
Nothing has happened until it's happened, so little point any of us getting all wound up about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back