Mega Thread BH Project 2015 VI - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldo is a Category B rookie. He is not counted in the 6 maximum rookies you are allowed.

I know what your saying but he gets paid the same, the rules applying to Cat A rookies apply to Cat b as well eg only given 1 year contracts and can stay on the rookie list (Cat A or B) a maximum of 3 years, can be upgraded to senior list if deserving etc. In other words, has the same rights. Difference is they are not under the pressure of Category A rookies to perform immediately, can learn their craft, more a development rookie in my opinion

packet+of+chips.jpg

In all seriousness I don't really rate either of them. At mid 20's and 100 plus games a player should not have to rely on "potential" "at his best" "shown signs" to up his market rate. Henderson (although the market will suggest he is worth more) is only worth a second rounder and I can't give a price on Yarran because I think so low of him as a Player.

Fair enough. I'm obviously of a different opinion, no harm done.

I know what your saying but he gets paid the same, the rules applying to Cat A rookies apply to Cat b as well eg only given 1 year contracts and can stay on the rookie list (Cat A or B) a maximum of 3 years, can be upgraded to senior list if deserving etc. In other words, has the same rights. Difference is they are not under the pressure of Category A rookies to perform immediately, can learn their craft, more a development rookie in my opinion
That's all irrelevant to the fact that you can have 6 category A rookies AND 1 (maybe 2?) category B rookies. We now have 4 category A rookies and 1 category B rookie.

I swear to god... this Brett Anderson better be right... because he's making me....

05771ed8f7cf6fa8d38cf7f1705c27f0.jpg

This is so gud.

It reminds me of the time _Wang_ was showing off at an ex golf pro charity event. Good times, the best times really.

Don't know where they got this from and don't know how they think they would pay him and Carlisle:

We were out of the race with him a while ago IMO. The spoon story came up today, someone contacted us and asked if we're still going after him and we said no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you pointed to their character as reflected the way they played this year. I am just pointing out that players are like other humans in jobs. Sometimes the politics of their workplace does not allow them to perform. You cannot always interpret that as "weak character" unless you know the details about their issues.
In a team enviroment, it showed what little respect they have for their club, their jumper and their teammates. Are these the traits of people you want next to you when the heat is on?

Dunno. What I've seen of even the top juniors this year hasn't filled me with confidence, unlike previous years. There are a few gems obviously, like any year, but even at pick 12 I'm not sure we'll be getting a prodigious talent in.

Prodigious talent at 12 is rare. I'm a draft board watcher, not a watcher of the players. The guys that I respect on that board have been asked about the depth this year and they all seem to agree that the top end is fine. After that it falls off a cliff. Which is what I see as underpinning this being a weak draft. But posters are explicitly saying our pick 12 is not worth much because this is a weak draft. For our first pick this is a fine draft. For our third it sucks big time. Given all the discussion is about pick 12 I just wanted to make my opinion clear that pick 12 is a good pick this year. Worth a lot, maybe more than in a normal year with more depth.

How old are you 12?

Yarran and Henderson didn't have great seasons because they checked out from the rabble that is Carlton, which is why you would be able to bundle them for 12 and 31. But to suggest they are spuds and don't have talent is moronic. Going on your overrating of draft picks...these "spuds" were drafted at 6 and 8 and much stronger drafts and have shown they can play high quality football at AFL level. This draft is rated very poorly and hence why you see the better recruiters at the Pies/Cats trading out this year.

Yarran cops tags from AFL coaches including our own regularly...what a waste of a tagger on a spud!

Lachie Henderson has gloved Riewoldt on numerous occasions and went forward this year for a game and kicked 5.

No doubt you will come back with "they're spuds"

I had suggested this trade on the Carlton board 1 month ago and most were pretty cool with this

If Treloar,JOM,Danger,Parker etc are all totally out of the picture

I would much rather do the #12+#31 for Yarran & Henderson than take these picks to the draft

Henderson is an upgrade to both Astbury & Chaplin

(Mind you in saying all this i would much prefer a Carlisle+Yarran Combination)

I had suggested this trade on the Carlton board 1 month ago and most were pretty cool with this

If Treloar,JOM,Danger,Parker etc are all totally out of the picture

I would much rather do the #12+#31 for Yarran & Henderson than take these picks to the draft

Henderson is an upgrade to both Astbury & Chaplin
Stopped reading

Listening to SEN's podcast of the run home from last night Brett Anderson again says word is Richmond has a big deal going but despite all efforts no one can find out who this player is...

Looks like we aren't the only ones hanging out for the doozy's identity. :D

Also this morning Andy Maher said that Richmond had basically withdrawn from the chase for Treloar and he wasn't sure why. If we have come to an agreement with the doozy then this would explain us not having an interest in treloar as those picks would need to be used elsewhere. We can only hope anyway.:)

FWIW

Wallace stating on Trade Radio that Richmond is top 3 for retaining players. Top 10 players all in the right age bracket and half a dozen potential AA's. Pulled out some stats to say we are tracking in right direction but need to get something done this trade period to keep improving. Doesn't rate Yarran as meeting that criteria. Rates Astbury if he overcomes injury problems. Thinks losing Lennon would be a "nett loss".

I heard his assessment too, and I thought it was spot on. Thanks for posting that :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back