Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brace yourselfs for the pro-Warner media wankfest that is incoming.

Is going at an average of 35 considered a good Ashes series ?

Brace yourselfs for the pro-Warner media wankfest that is incoming.
I'm more braced for the anti-Warner rhetoric from jaded fans.

Yes, his away record isn't strong, but he still retires with a fantastic record in all 3 formats and as a great of Australian cricket.

I hope he's given the warm send off his exploits with the bat and in the field deserve.

Aussie fans... why are there no characters in the game anymore? Players are all so sterile and unrelatable and just trot out cliches and read off the scripts.
Also Aussie fans... Warner is too abrasive and competitive and gives the team a bad name, Cummins shouldn't express an opinion counter to CAs financial betterment even if it is one of concern to humanity and Kawhaja should also park his beliefs and keep his shoes clean, how dare he oppose the slaughter of children.

We will miss Warner when he's gone. He's been a fantastic cricketer, statistically our best opener and one who can win you the game in the first session on day 1. He's not likeable and he ****ed up in South Africa but he is true to himself and gave everything for his team. Hope he finishes with a ton in Sydney.
Also as Trucki said, retire from ODI, stay retired from ODI. Don't pull a Stokes, that didn't pan out so well.

Warner retires from ODI cricket, except:
"But he did not rule out playing in the 2025 Champions Trophy if called upon."

* off, mate. If you want to just work the T20 circuit, you can stay there.

I think the ICC would do well to include a "must play a certain % of world 50 over cricket to be eligible for the CWC. Include provisions for injuries, exclude people of they would rather play for the Saudi Arabain Blades instead of ODIs.

I think the ICC would do well to include a "must play a certain % of world 50 over cricket to be eligible for the CWC. Include provisions for injuries, exclude people of they would rather play for the Saudi Arabain Blades instead of ODIs.
Isn't this kind of thing just going to further help the rich countries that can play their players decently? West Indies didn't qualify and SA only just qualified for the last WC and they'd lose more players from that type of rules than anyone else would.

Couple of heavy hitters at the crease for Hobart rn

(It was Corey Anderson and Ben McDermott)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's up with the Big Bash fixturing? Renegades and Stars due to play their 7th match each tonight, while we've only played four? Then we play our first match since Boxing Day tomorrow, which is the first of four matches in 8 days?

Happens every year and I have no idea why. If it's a neutral match up I prefer not to see the same three teams over and over again.

Schapelle tried to run drugs for her sister and her sisters then dealer boyfriend and was caught, she deserved her time. Had nothing to do with Qantas.
Still funny.
If you havent made any NY resolutions yet, may I suggest laugh more and make less predictions.
Actually no, keep up the predictions, it's what the fans want.

What's up with the Big Bash fixturing? Renegades and Stars due to play their 7th match each tonight, while we've only played four? Then we play our first match since Boxing Day tomorrow, which is the first of four matches in 8 days?

Perth Scorchers asked Cricket Australia to play their away games in blocks to reduce travel across Australia, hence they started the season playing two games in Victoria followed by a two week stint at home playing a couple of games. They then play matches in Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane in a short stretch before flying back home for two more home games to finish the season.

It means they can reduce the overall amount of travel rather than playing one home game followed by one away game which would involve five trips to and from the eastern seaboard. Increased travel leaves the players open to increased chance of injury so less travel reduces this.

Perth Scorchers asked Cricket Australia to play their away games in blocks to reduce travel across Australia, hence they started the season playing two games in Victoria followed by a two week stint at home playing a couple of games. They then play matches in Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane in a short stretch before flying back home for two more home games to finish the season.

It means they can reduce the overall amount of travel rather than playing one home game followed by one away game which would involve five trips to and from the eastern seaboard. Increased travel leaves the players open to increased chance of injury so less travel reduces this.
I hope the Eagles are paying attention to this.

I still think we'd be better off going to Melbourne for 2.5 weeks (three weekends) and knocking off three away games instead of 1. Doing that once would cut out 2 return trips (4 flights).

If we have ten away games, we could do:
-Two trips to two of (QLD, NSW, SA) and knock off 4 away games (saving 2 return flights on current arrangement)
-Two trips to Melbourne for three away games each time (saving 4 more return trips). If we have to play in tassie we do that as the game in the middle of the 3 game stint (same with Geelong).

Turns 10 return flights into 4 and allows much better recovery while away between games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back