Big Four Parasites do it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Deej
Lets hear it collectively all you collingwood fans...

"WE ARE THE ENVY OF A NATION!!!!!"

Now stand in a circle, hold hands, bow your heads close your eyes and jog on the spot. And chant the above over and over 111 times. No need to do any more, just 111 times will do.

It's the number of times we've beaten you in league history if you didn't already know. By the way you've only rolled us 100 or something.

16 flags boys. And I've seen 5 of em. And 2 of em were against Collingwood AHAHAHAHHAHHHAAAAA.

Mark you disappoint me, you're nothing but a troll.

Excuse me knobjockey, who is nothing but a troll? Oh the irony.

Fair enough Joel, I apologise to everyone for that poor attempt at being humourous.

But fair dinkum Joel go back and read MarkT's offerings in this thread...nothing but "big 2", "carlton used to be..", "envy of a nation bler blab blahagagaaabbbblurb blurb blurb"

Originally posted by CJH
Do you truly miss out? Or are you able to go to some 'away' games on your membership as reimbursement?

Victorian Hawthorn members are compensated for our two home games in Tasmania. THere are two designated away games of which Hawthorn members get in for free. So yes St kilda members should be compensated.

Originally posted by Joel
Today says that Carlton = Collingwood's "beeatches", oh and everyone elses' "beeatches".
Haha yeah thats it, 1 year over a hundred odd years, makes sense yep carlton are indeed everyone else's beeeeeeeeatches. And despite being 192-30 winning ratio over StKilda, yes we are still definitely their beeeeeatches. I can't argue with your logic at all, even though the competition had to be manipulated and contrivved in order for it to happen, you make perfect sense.

Haha yeah thats it, 1 year over a hundred odd years, makes sense yep carlton are indeed everyone else's beeeeeeeeatches. And despite being 192-30 winning ratio over StKilda, yes we are still definitely their beeeeeatches. I can't argue with your logic at all, even though the competition had to be manipulated and contrivved in order for it to happen, you make perfect sense.

How does quote go Deej - only as good as your last three games, or something like that.;)

Stop living in the past.

John Elliot was once a succesful business man too.

...and Collingwood supporters have been told to stop living in the past. HA!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hypocrisy in this astounds me

Joffa and many Saints are so anti big 4, but are desperate to play them

They say they dont need big 4, but need them to draw a big crowd on Easter Monday? Why not play any old team and really see your teams drawing power

They say big 4 money doesnt go into their accounts, but once again it indirectly does here, as the majority of paying customers are from the opposition, once again, the big 4 you are so desperate to play them again...

Hypocrites...

Originally posted by Falchoon
The club was making money, probably still would be if we were at Waverley, hence no need for 6 blockbusters a year.
My comment was in respect of marketing - opr rather your no need comment. There is always a need and accepting "a good enough" result is IMO (and at the risk of seeming anti saints which I am not) symtematic of what has prevented the Saints from taking advantage of the limited successes they have had. I don't say that for any reason other than that I wish the Saints would get more agressive and pro active and take advantage of their latent support because it still large but wil not be indefinite.
Originally posted by Falchoon
The trough? the ground that Hawthorn and St Kilda loved and that Collingwood hated is being sold off, there will be a distribution of proceeds. I'd like to see Collingwood who wouldn't have missed the ground anyway say no thanks, we're just happy to see the end of that ground. ;)
That would be the ground that the AFL made Collingwood play at all the time in order to prove it was popular and in the process ensuring they renegged on their Vic Park minimum game gurantee - until they did their MCG deal and wanted to prove it was unpopular. That would also be the ground that Collingwood built at least as much as any other club.

Nothing would have pleased Collingwood more than to have never had to play there and to have never been sued by O'Briens for breach of contrcat and to never have lost the opportunity to develop Vic Park and to never have been at the mercy of the AFL in respect of match scheduling etc etc etc. Don't get me started on that bloody ground.

Originally posted by Joffaboy
So Carlton and Richmond don't get home game "blockbusters" against each other each and every single year?

They don't get home games aganst each other each year, you stupid f***. This year, last year and in 2001 the two clubs played against each other only once. THREE YEARS IN ROW IDIOT. This year Carlton only host two of the big-4, while the Saints host three of the big-4.

The big clubs make money not because they play one match a year on a public holiday, but because they have a lot of fans. A public holiday might increase the crowd by 10-15%. Whoopdee-doo! :rolleyes: Essendon, for example don't make big profits because we have a home game against Carlton and Collingwood (as 11 teams do, by the way) each year.

If you played Richmond earlier this year on a Saturday afternoon, the crowd probably would have been 39,000 instead of 44,000. So what? Big bloody deal. You avoid the cost of opening on a public holiday too.

St.Kilda have had a better croed drawing fixture than both Richmond and Carlton for years. You don't draw as many people because you don't have as many fans, and that won't change if you played Collingwood (the only big-4 club who you don't have a home game against this year) at home every year.

Originally posted by Joffaboy
So Carlton and Richmond don't get home game "blockbusters" against each other each and every single year?

Keep up with the argument mate or you will look even more stupid.

So one St.Kilda allocated "blockbuster" per year makes us money hungry. What does it make your club that get three home blockbusters each and every single year given to them in a rigged draw, then want to screw a club that doesn't get this AFL endorsed welfare by trying to make more money from one of these gifted games?

Just like your club , you are a hypocrit and a parasite.

Ohhhh aren't we an angry young man.

For the record the blues and tigers have played each other once a year this and the past couple of years.

Maybe if you researched your thoughts rather than saying the first thing that pops into your head then maybe you might be more respected here. But then again that is a very st.kilda thing to do (a la Thomas, Buttress)

Haw haw haa haha nice troll Mark but actually mate it was the AFL and Herald-Sun that named Carlton as the greatest club of the 20th century, not just me, so I guess your points are a bit misguided yes??
Would this be the first time you have gone to your knees and bent forward to the Herald Sun?
16 flags mate jeez that must burn eh.
Did it burn when you were behind and will it burn when you are behind again? I would presume (and hope) so.

I hate losing and I hate losing GF's more. I hate losing to GF's to Carlton even more again. I have never said any different and I am in no doubt you would say the same in reverse. That is what rivalry means. I love rivalry. WTF is your problem?

I have said before I have no quarrel with you, unlike many others, but you are a fair dinkum tool sometimes when you carry on. You are more than happy to carry on about Collingwood and how pathetic they and their supporters are, yet the mere mention of anything you consider anti Carlton is enough to make you simultaniously sook like a baby and spit like a cobra. Do you want rivalry but only if Carlton is sacrosant? WTF is your beef with the world Deej? Carlton have acted without honour and you are in denial. Carlton are not the club they once were and you are in denial. Carlton are despised because of their actions over a long period and you are in denial. Carlton supporters have given it out for years and cannot cop it now. I gurantee you I have made less derogatory comments about your club than you have made about mine. At least when people have a crack at my club I argue with reason. I have no idea what you call the crap you come out with,
History says Collingwood=Carlton's beeatches. Mmm mmmm that smells gooooood!!!
History says both clubs are rarely not at or near the top. History says both clubs were long term powers but struggled to come to terms with the changes brought about by nationalisation. We paid for our sins and now you are paying. It remains to be seen who pays the bigger price but we aint payin' no more. You have just begun to pay.

Originally posted by MarkT

History says both clubs are rarely not at or near the top. History says both clubs were long term powers but struggled to come to terms with the changes brought about by nationalisation

History also says that Carlton has won the last five Grand Finals contested between the two clubs, with Collingwood's last and sole triumph coming in 1910. Not that I'd ever stick up for Carlton, but I'm sure that's what Deej was referring to when he called Collingwood, Carlton's bitch.

Originally posted by Dan26
History also says that Carlton has won the last five Grand Finals contested between the two clubs, with Collingwood's last and sole triumph coming in 1910. Not that I'd ever stick up for Carlton, but I'm sure that's what Deej was referring to when he called Collingwood, Carlton's bitch.
I presume so. Truth is Collingwood have had an ordinary decade and a less than triumphant 45 years. No one denies that and no one who supports Collingwood is happy about that. that was not what the debate was about though was it? Big 4 etc etc. Now as for you mate, thanks for the droubt breaker. Pull you head in.;)

Originally posted by Dan26
They don't get home games aganst each other each year, you stupid f***. This year, last year and in 2001 the two clubs played against each other only once. THREE YEARS IN ROW IDIOT. This year Carlton only host two of the big-4, while the Saints host three of the big-4.

The big clubs make money not because they play one match a year on a public holiday, but because they have a lot of fans. A public holiday might increase the crowd by 10-15%. Whoopdee-doo! :rolleyes: Essendon, for example don't make big profits because we have a home game against Carlton and Collingwood (as 11 teams do, by the way) each year.

If you played Richmond earlier this year on a Saturday afternoon, the crowd probably would have been 39,000 instead of 44,000. So what? Big bloody deal. You avoid the cost of opening on a public holiday too.

St.Kilda have had a better croed drawing fixture than both Richmond and Carlton for years. You don't draw as many people because you don't have as many fans, and that won't change if you played Collingwood (the only big-4 club who you don't have a home game against this year) at home every year.

Exactly.

Originally posted by MarkT
Time for a random draw and open competition. I too am growing tired of the parasitical tendency of the AFL at large.

Back to the laws of nature that govern all forms of life except for AFL football. Evolution and survival of the fittest.
This comment will only have credibility if your willing to give up ANZAC Day v' Essendon (which I don't believe you should).

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Four Parasites do it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back