Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaeger also fits into the comes in threes thing, because he'd be the third player to want out of Gold Coast
Could be:
GWS-Treloar,McCarthy,(Coniglio)
ESS-Carisle,Melksham,(Stanton)
BRIS-Luenburger,Redden(Zorko)
CARL-Yarran,Henderson,(Menzel)
COLL-Seedsman,Freeman,(Treloar)
HAW-Whitecross,Ceglar,(Anyone)
MELB-Watts,Toumpas,(Howe)
:D:D:D

Oh so many.
257klk4.jpg
257klk4.jpg

257klk4.jpg
257klk4.jpg

257klk4.jpg
257klk4.jpg

257klk4.jpg
257klk4.jpg

257klk4.jpg
257klk4.jpg

257klk4.jpg
257klk4.jpg

257klk4.jpg
257klk4.jpg

257klk4.jpg
257klk4.jpg

257klk4.jpg
257klk4.jpg
That's a lot of fingers and pies;)
Hope they are warm apple ones

The reality is Dan and Blair are working their arses off behind the scenes. There is a couple of things - big things - being worked on. And the reality is, other clubs are doing the same. To get one of the deals over the line, a player or two may have to go. That's life in modern day footy.
If a Lennon has to go, or a Griffiths has to go to improve the bigger picture, then from what I understand, mate, see ya boys.
But, who knows, maybe i just read Womens weekly for all my gossip needs as well ;)

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Here's more that I've learnt today. The club realises it's difficult to sell our brand to sponsors and fans after failing at three elimination finals. Signing an established star has two effects, firstly, it improves our team and that's obviously the most important aspect. Secondly, this player will excite fans and sponsors, give Richmond the ability to promote 2016 memberships and hit their target of 75,000 for 2016. The player I'm speaking about has agreed to come to Richmond on principle, his management like the deal, he's spoken with a few players. The key here is simple, complete the deal. Hopefully losing first round draft picks and a key position player is enough. If not, the deal may never happen. Club is working hard to make it happen, lots of internal pressure on Blair Hartley. Just like there was on Burge last year. Hartley simple needs to nail a deal, his career is on the line. That's why he's on the phone with Treloar again. He is a resilient person Blair, he will fight tooth and nail and his aim is to exceed expectation, not just meet it. I've heard that the club has had a meeting with Bennell - don't know how the meeting went, the leadership group believe we've got the right practises in place to deal with Bennell. In other words, the players are totally on board for him.

A known drugo , why the **** would you want that in a club ? Some people haveli title to now memories of our days of doing and giving up everything to be seen as the head of the pack for trading away picks on duds with known problems .
There is a risk, but I think he is worth it. Our Aboriginal program is recognised with the highest status, only one of a handful of institutes that have achieved this. Plus we have developed a good team culture and have excellent role models at the club.

Here's more that I've learnt today. The club realises it's difficult to sell our brand to sponsors and fans after failing at three elimination finals. Signing an established star has two effects, firstly, it improves our team and that's obviously the most important aspect. Secondly, this player will excite fans and sponsors, give Richmond the ability to promote 2016 memberships and hit their target of 75,000 for 2016. The player I'm speaking about has agreed to come to Richmond on principle, his management like the deal, he's spoken with a few players. The key here is simple, complete the deal. Hopefully losing first round draft picks and a key position player is enough. If not, the deal may never happen. Club is working hard to make it happen, lots of internal pressure on Blair Hartley. Just like there was on Burge last year. Hartley simple needs to nail a deal, his career is on the line. That's why he's on the phone with Treloar again. He is a resilient person Blair, he will fight tooth and nail and his aim is to exceed expectation, not just meet it. I've heard that the club has had a meeting with Bennell - don't know how the meeting went, the leadership group believe we've got the right practises in place to deal with Bennell. In other words, the players are totally on board for him.

"Player", as in single. Yet he would demand "first round draft picks", as in plural. So obviously it's someone who is a ****ing gun and isn't already being spoken about (Danger, Treloar, etc).

I'm thinking Luke Parker.

Inb4 Damien Barrett reports Luke Parker to Richmond

Hartley & Richardson have failed over and over to bring an A grader to the club - I cant see that changing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is Dan and Blair are working their arses off behind the scenes. There is a couple of things - big things - being worked on. And the reality is, other clubs are doing the same. To get one of the deals over the line, a player or two may have to go. That's life in modern day footy.
If a Lennon has to go, or a Griffiths has to go to improve the bigger picture, then from what I understand, mate, see ya boys.
But, who knows, maybe i just read Womens weekly for all my gossip needs as well ;)

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.
Lennon's going nowhere man.

Interstate club?

"Player", as in single. Yet he would demand "first round draft picks", as in plural. So obviously it's someone who is a ******* gun and isn't already being spoken about (Danger, Treloar, etc).

I'm thinking Luke Parker.

Inb4 Damien Barrett reports Luke Parker to Richmond

Was a tigers fan growing up.

But i reckon its Scully ;) He loves cash

Shit I hope you right ....

Here's more that I've learnt today. The club realises it's difficult to sell our brand to sponsors and fans after failing at three elimination finals. Signing an established star has two effects, firstly, it improves our team and that's obviously the most important aspect. Secondly, this player will excite fans and sponsors, give Richmond the ability to promote 2016 memberships and hit their target of 75,000 for 2016. The player I'm speaking about has agreed to come to Richmond on principle, his management like the deal, he's spoken with a few players. The key here is simple, complete the deal. Hopefully losing first round draft picks and a key position player is enough. If not, the deal may never happen. Club is working hard to make it happen, lots of internal pressure on Blair Hartley. Just like there was on Burge last year. Hartley simple needs to nail a deal, his career is on the
line. That's why he's on the phone with Treloar again. He is a resilient person Blair, he will fight tooth and nail and his aim is to exceed expectation, not just meet it. I've heard that the club has had a meeting with Bennell - don't know how the meeting went, the leadership group believe we've got the right practises in place to deal with Bennell. In other words, the players are totally on board for him.
So it's either Bennell or the doozy... can't go wrong I reckon.

Jaeger also fits into the comes in threes thing, because he'd be the third player to want out of Gold Coast
Not true, Bennell Hall Nicholls Smith, JOM would be the 5th.

Hartley & Richardson have failed over and over to bring an A grader to the club - I cant see that changing...

What absolute rubbish, they are both recognized within AFL circles as being at the top of their professions, if either were to leave there would be other suitors for their services!!

Prying an Elite talent is very difficult, thats why each year there only a couple, although it seems each year the trade period is more and more active!

Luke Parker makes the most sense.

Meets the age profile and there is no way Sydney can afford to pay him what he is worth without COLA. I reckon we have have offered what we would have given Treloar which would be in the realms of 750k for 5/6 years and two firsts.

Parker is probably the type who would not want to go to a shit club which rules out most clubs who can afford him.

Also, Sydney might be favourable towards the idea because it will allow them to build a list that is inexpensive while their player contracts start to decline in value. Win/win for both I reckon.

Good work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back