Analysis Blair Hartley Project 2015 V - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't get a jumper number, or any hints, because a trade needs to be worked out. If I leak the name, it eventually makes it's way into Jay Clark's piece on the herald sun, then other clubs read it and enquire, creating competition for this pick up and they'll always be someone who outbids us. It's not in the best interests of the club for me to leak the name.
But if he's agreed in principal than i don't see the problem.

Parker would be great but unlikely to happen, Swans would want 2 R1 picks this year to help get their academy kid & Dunkley.

I'd happily give two first round picks for Parker.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok if they are at the top of the profession they will surely land someone . Other clubs IE The Scum and Norf have managed to land the talent . I have said it before is the fact Dan is an ex Player Manager the reason other managers won't convince their players to nominate the RFC ?. Did he rub many the wrong way? Or is that just a long bow I drawing?...

It seems like there are other issues relating to losing treloar. All the others such as Hanners, Shiel etc have stayed with their existing club. Adams and greenwood we just weren't prepared to overpay, i think thats still very much the case.

My understanding is Dan is very well respected and didn't burn any people, again its just an overpay issue as to why we haven't landed anyone as yet.

If they cant land A grade talent...they are not top of their professions. Results the only thing that counts.

They are number one in their field at retaining talent for reasonable salaries. Compare our outs over the last 5 years to the other clubs:

Adelaide: Dangerfield, Tippett, Gunston, Davis, Bock, Maric, Vince, Knights
Brisbane: Clark, Patful, Longer, Docherty, Polec, Karnezis, Yeo, more to come this year
Carlton: Betts, Grigg, Garlett, Waite, Jacobs, Hampson, Henderson, probably Yarran
Collingwood: Beams, Thomas, Shaw, Lamumba, Wellingham, now Freeman wants out
Essendon: Ryder, Crameri, Monfries, now Melksham, Carlisle, Houli
Fremantle: Broughton
Geelong: Ablett, Christensen, Varcoe, Laidler, Byrnes
Gold Coast: Bennell, Caddy
GWS: Tyson, Boyd, Treloar, Adams, O'Rourke, Jaksch
Hawthorn: Buddy, Young, Ellis
Melbourne: Rivers, Martin, Moloney, Sylvia
North: McIntosh, Greenwood
Port Adelaide: Pearce, Chaplin
St Kilda: Goddard, Dal Santo, McEvoy, Lynch, Gwilt
Sydney: Mumford, Malceski
West Coast: Ebert, Lynch
Bulldogs: Griffin, Lake, Higgins, Cooney

Us: Matt White, maybe Astbury

Not many stack up to us.

Ok if they are at the top of the profession they will surely land someone . Other clubs IE The Scum and Norf have managed to land the talent . I have said it before is the fact Dan is an ex Player Manager the reason other managers won't convince their players to nominate the RFC ?. Did he rub many the wrong way? Or is that just a long bow I drawing?...

buying with overs does not make them better list managers

Here's more that I've learnt today. The club realises it's difficult to sell our brand to sponsors and fans after failing at three elimination finals. Signing an established star has two effects, firstly, it improves our team and that's obviously the most important aspect. Secondly, this player will excite fans and sponsors, give Richmond the ability to promote 2016 memberships and hit their target of 75,000 for 2016. The player I'm speaking about has agreed to come to Richmond on principle, his management like the deal, he's spoken with a few players. The key here is simple, complete the deal. Hopefully losing first round draft picks and a key position player is enough. If not, the deal may never happen. Club is working hard to make it happen, lots of internal pressure on Blair Hartley. Just like there was on Burge last year. Hartley simple needs to nail a deal, his career is on the line. That's why he's on the phone with Treloar again. He is a resilient person Blair, he will fight tooth and nail and his aim is to exceed expectation, not just meet it. I've heard that the club has had a meeting with Bennell - don't know how the meeting went, the leadership group believe we've got the right practises in place to deal with Bennell. In other words, the players are totally on board for him.
Im not convinced your being truthful

It seems like there are other issues relating to losing treloar. All the others such as Hanners, Shiel etc have stayed with their existing club. Adams and greenwood we just weren't prepared to overpay, i think thats still very much the case.

My understanding is Dan is very well respected and didn't burn any people, again its just an overpay issue as to why we haven't landed anyone as yet.
Hope ya right ..It may well be coincidence . It seems at times we weren't prepared to pay perceived overs. And when we did for Treloar the scum shafted us. Just a thought Gale put a call into Matthews the GWS CEO re Treloar asking why our deal which wasn't accepted . Apparently our 2 first round picks & $ superior to the Filth. Surely Matthews doesn't have a bias towards Collingwood or what Eddie may be able to offer?..Adams , Now Treloar in 2 years ...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said under 50 games, not under 50 points
I think I'd be pretty comfortable in saying that while TheUndertaker has some info, he's not being 100% truthful about it for the exact reasons he mentioned about risk for the club

Ross Lyon confirmed :cool:

They are number one in their field at retaining talent for reasonable salaries. Compare our outs over the last 5 years to the other clubs:

Brisbane: Clark, Patful, Longer, Docherty, Polec, Karnezis, Yeo, more to come this year
Carlton: Betts, Grigg, Garlett, Waite, Jacobs, Hampson, Henderson, probably Yarran

Not many stack up to us.
Maybe that's why we are stable and can't progress.

Tom Liberatore.
Old man was part of the 3 amigo's-Romero,Libba & can't think of the 3rd atm.
Old man king hit Knighta who wore No 33
Old man got under 50 weeks for said dog act.
3 letters in dog.

Not many stack up to us.
Great post Barry. It's very easy to stick the boots in while ignoring all the positives

Tom Liberatore.
Old man was part of the 3 amigo's-Romero,Libba & can't think of the 3rd atm.
Old man king hit Knighta who wore No 33
Old man got under 50 weeks for said dog act.
3 letters in dog.
The wog squad.

And when we did for Treloar the scum shafted us. Just a thought Gale put a call into Matthews the GWS CEO re Treloar asking why our deal which wasn't accepted.?

Collingwood are like the jealous younger child, been trying to outdo the smarter older sibling (US) for the last 100 f- ing years.

Really, we should start a thread on what we can offer to counter the McGuire's contra inducements to the likes of Treloars. If can't beat em...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back