Preview 2024 Round 24 Carlton vs St Kilda Sunday 25th August 3:20PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love Voss to keep mixing it up this week … we’re now unpredictable (out of necessity but we still got there lol ) and imo need to remain so … I’d definitely move Saad up the ground if he plays …
IF Saad is fit, Vossy should tell him “this is your moment lad go big!” WOOF

I’d love Voss to keep mixing it up this week … we’re now unpredictable (out of necessity but we still got there lol ) and imo need to remain so … I’d definitely move Saad up the ground if he plays …

Considering how good Hollands Cincotta Cowan and at times Carroll were last week I’d prefer we stick with them over a restricted Saad

Considering how good Hollands Cincotta Cowan and at times Carroll were last week I’d prefer we stick with them over a restricted Saad
+1. I dont want to see any of our current injured rushed back before finals.
If we can't get it done without risking an injured player then we aren't going to last 5 mins in a final if they re-injure.

+1. I dont want to see any of our current injured rushed back before finals.
If we can't get it done without risking an injured player then we aren't going to last 5 mins in a final if they re-injure.

I’m the same. Fitness has to be a priority

Players like Charlie & Saad were struggling with injury and form because of it for last few weeks

Just too risky in big games

23 blokes who are all but guaranteed to be able to apply four quarters of pressure please. Saints have nothing to play for. Make it a “ah **** this I can’t be bothered” game for them.

In fact they are worse off if they win. They will go down a pick in the draft.

Last edited:
I’m the same. Fitness has to be a priority

Players like Charlie & Saad were struggling with injury and form because of it for last few weeks

Just too risky in big games
Rushing players back is the whole reason we're in this mess. I can't think of 1 player in the last 10 weeks that came back in from a soft tissue injury and didn't re-injure soon after. MC ought to be Strung Up for that.

Saints currently have Pick 6 in the draft. If Gold Coast beat Richmond, and they should, then Saints have Pick 5. If Melbourne lose to Collingwood, and they could ... then a Saints win will give them Pick 7, instead of 5. I know there may not be a standout top 5, and Lyon might want to prove his team are better than the year suggests, but it's a choice of sorts. How big is their motivation to be a wrecker? It was strong against the Cats.
Also reckon Ross might be more interested ****ing the finals chances of the club who sacked him.

23 blokes who are all but guaranteed to be able to apply four quarters of pressure please. Saints have nothing to play for. Make it a “ah **** this I can’t be bothered” game for them.

In fact they are worse off if they win. They will go down a pick in the draft.
Kicking Carlton out of Finals contention would be pretty motivating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon in his post match presser after Geelong - stated that he liked to be a "Grinch" regarding having a say in who plays finals - absolutely licking his chops thinking about this match.

Pity the game is being played- before the Port V Freo match.

Lyon in his post match presser after Geelong - stated that he liked to be a "Grinch" regarding having a say in who plays finals - absolutely licking his chops thinking about this match.

Pity the game is being played- before the Port V Freo match.
Our fate is in our hands...

e058c2c6-cb24-4c52-b059-50dc763bd69e_text.gif

Our fate is in our hands...

View attachment 2085984

Just a tad frustrating to see the Club hostage to a miserable run of injuries- again...Ross teh Boos would have kept his mouthy mouth shut fast if wasn't playing a cobbled together makeshift team....

Will be an interesting game followed by another...

Tough selection this week with the five tests listed on the injury report. The below team assumes worst case scenario where all five miss leaving us with only 26 players to pick from. More debutants than I would want in a must-win game but not much more we can do. Have to bring the same level of pressure we did against the Eagles this week to have any chance of a win.

FBAlex CincottaLewis YoungLachie Cowan
HBOliver HollandsJacob WeiteringNic Newman
CBlake AcresPatrick CrippsJaxon Binns
HFZac WilliamsHarry Lemmey**Elijah Hollands
FFMatt OwiesBrodie KempJesse Motlop
FOLMarc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Walsh
INTBilly Wilson*Jack CarrollCooper LordMatthew Kennedy
SUBAshton Moir***

* If McGovern is fit he comes in for Wilson.
** If C.Durdin is fit he comes in for Lemmey
*** If Curnow is fit he comes in for Moir (Carroll becomes sub)

OUT: McGovern* (inj) & C.Durdin** (inj)
IN: Wilson* & Lemmey**

Last edited:
I listen to and follow a lot of the trade stuff, and I don’t ever recall hearing that? Maybe Twomey brought it up as a suggestion, rather than anything viable?
A position of need (+ it takes away a 5-goal game against us) & could have been a cheap option as OOC, though there were reported issues around the finals on his wellbeing before re-signing.

Lots of conversations I’d imagine that don’t come to fruition. Could have also been playing the market as a backup.

Also reckon Ross might be more interested ****ing the finals chances of the club who sacked him.

Did we sack him when he was an assistant coach. or did he leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back