Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be pushing hard for Wayne Milera. Young first round pick. Milera + 13.

AFC might not need him while they have Cameron and Betts, so he is arguably excess in the coming 1-2 years.

AFC won't want to lose mids like Crouch as it defeats the point of getting Gibbs.

Pickett and Milera at the feet of McKay, Curnow and maybe Stewart, with SOJ. Then joined by Kerr, and eventually Ben Silvagni.

We then have our forward line and backline and can spend the next 2 years in the draft, trading period and FA loading up on mids.

From what I've heard from the Crows they expect Milera to be playing on a wing more than as a small forward in the next 1-2 years. SA boy so I can't see him leaving.

Seriously media are all over its giving up pick 5 for Marchbank and Pickett, yet pick 13 is enough for Gibbs. Time to make a line in the sand and play hard ball. We got shafted when Waite, Garlett, and Jacobs left.
Correct. We shouldnt ask for anything for gibbs. It is incumbent on Adelaide to put a great offer to us. We either accept it and he goes, or reject it and he stays for 3 more years

Ball is in their court, not ours. The onus is on Adelaide

Adelaide don't want to trade anyone of value, they desperately want Gibbs, he is contracted for 3 more years to us I say we say this years first and next years first pick or we walk.

Adelaide will scoff at this idea at first but eventually cave they are desperate to get him and see Gibbs as the final piece of there premiership team they know their midfield is a bit weak.

2 first rounders thanks.

Adelaide don't want to trade anyone of value, they desperately want Gibbs, he is contracted for 3 more years to us I say we say this years first and next years first pick or we walk.

Adelaide will scoff at this idea at first but eventually cave they are desperate to get him and see Gibbs as the final piece of there premiership team they know their midfield is a bit weak.

2 first rounders thanks.
Aren't the murmours of them also wanting us to pay some of Gibbs salary, kind of rule tampering. Wouldn't that be kind of a form of salary cap breaching? I know this occurs sometimes in the AFL but in this case it would be a complete bending of the rules

This is bloody great, isn't it? I'm glad people are getting their heads around it. Break eggs to make an omelette, and all of that.

I always look to US pro sports for the trends and practices around trading and free agency and contracts and so on, and over there in mid-season trading the team topping up with ready made stars (in the current scenario, Adelaide targeting Gibbs) have to stump up serious assets (think 2 x firsts, or first and a legit young gun) to get deals done. Whilst in an overall "points" or "value" sense it may seem an overpay, that's the price you HAVE to pay to win now. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. Bryce Gibbs will be the best 2017 (and likely 2018-2019) player in this trade by a mile, and that's why Adelaide do it, but they can't get it done with pocket lint and loose change. Nor should they, otherwise everyone would do it. If they're balls-out going for a flag, then do it. Mortgage the future to win now.

Last edited:

2 first rounders thanks.

Yep. They're not going to get a better midfielder at this stage that's proven and in the prime of their career, who'll also make an immediate impact.

How this equates to pick #13 and a player they don't want, I'm not sure.

If he stays at the Blues because a compromise couldnt be reached, they didnt want him bad enough and were just trying to bend us over.

Aren't the murmours of them also wanting us to pay some of Gibbs salary, kind of rule tampering. Wouldn't that be kind of a form of salary cap breaching? I know this occurs sometimes in the AFL but in this case it would be a complete bending of the rules

Gibbs is on $600k over 5 years, I had read. To be honest, it's less than they'd have to pay to lure him (or equivalent) over as a free agent, I would have thought. Though given our cap situation, we could probably afford to pay 90% of Gibbs' salary if they give us Milera, Gov and a first. :)

Gibbs is on $600k over 5 years, I had read. To be honest, it's less than they'd have to pay to lure him (or equivalent) over as a free agent, I would have thought. Though given our cap situation, we could probably afford to pay 90% of Gibbs' salary if they give us Milera, Gov and a first. :)

**** that.

Cows can pay every goddamn dime of his contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gibbs scenario is instructive of the value of signing your best players to long term contracts before they reach the FA threshhold. We will get what Bryce is worth. Compare that to Buddy or Danger.

Re Gibbs, I think their first and a swap of our 2107 second for thier 2017 first will get it done and given the value of a 2017 lateish first to the acadamy clubs, would really help us deal with GWS and the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously media are all over its giving up pick 5 for Marchbank and Pickett, yet pick 13 is enough for Gibbs. Time to make a line in the sand and play hard ball. We got shafted when Waite, Garlett, and Jacobs left.
No way we'll be giving up 5 now. Just on trade 13 from the Crows and the deal is done.

We put the line in the sand last year........

I expect us to get a good return for Gibbs and Zach

Can anyone confirm that Brad Crouch is out of contract? I recall months ago discussion he would walk out on the Crows straight to Essendon via PSD.

If this is the case, surely the Crows would use him in the trade to get Gibbs.

Can anyone confirm that Brad Crouch is out of contract? I recall months ago discussion he would walk out on the Crows straight to Essendon via PSD.

If this is the case, surely the Crows would use him in the trade to get Gibbs.

He signed a new deal a few weeks back

I hope just for dramatic purposes that SOS goes walking in and drops a tube of KY on the table and says prepare yourselves otherwise this is going to hurt.

Packet of rocksalt would be better..

Adelaide should be happy to give up 13 and next years first, if they think they can win the flag next year with Gibbs, pick 13 and 18 next year is a fair trade for Gibbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back