Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam maclure on Sen this morning Gibbs will request a trade again.

Garry Lyon said something very interesting on Sen too - paraphrasing: a mother of a possible first round pick had GWS interview at their home. When they asked how they would be able to get him without a first round pick, GWS said by the end of trade period they would have 2 first round picks...

Puts ourselves and St Kilda back in the frame for Kelly? So much conjecture, very interesting finals series ahead
Hmm, Unsure what picks Saints or North have, but if we traded Gibbs to Adelaide for their 1st & Second rounders (17 & 35), we could get Kelly & Another player or pick back. That would give GWS the 2 first rounders (our picks 3 & 17 from crows) they mention. Maybe we could secure Stringer with 35 & whatever pick we get back from GWS or player we give up (Boekhurst?) to Dogs?

Hmm, Unsure what picks Saints or North have, but if we traded Gibbs to Adelaide for their 1st & Second rounders (17 & 35), we could get Kelly & Another player or pick back. That would give GWS the 2 first rounders (our picks 3 & 17 from crows) they mention. Maybe we could secure Stringer with 35 & whatever pick we get back from GWS or player we give up (Boekhurst?) to Dogs?
Actually the Dogs would go for that. Maybe

Carlton > Adelaide (Gibbs)
Adelaide > Carlton (Picks 17 & 35)
Carlton > GWS (Picks 3 & 17)
GWS > Carlton (Kelly & 25)
Carlton > Bulldogs (25 & 35)
Bulldogs > Carlton (Stringer)

As reported by Sam McClure that Gibbs would prefer to play in Sth.australia,why wouldn't he go to port.We know He met with walker last year but if he indeed wants to play in south Aus and there was a suitable trade from port (young,polec,impey,s gray to mention a few)why couldn't that happen to benefit us?Just sayin'.

Actually the Dogs would go for that. Maybe

Carlton > Adelaide (Gibbs)
Adelaide > Carlton (Picks 17 & 35)
Carlton > GWS (Picks 3 & 17)
GWS > Carlton (Kelly & 25)
Carlton > Bulldogs (25 & 35)
Bulldogs > Carlton (Stringer)

The Dogs might do it, but I wouldn't.

Out: Pick 3 and Gibbs
In: Kelly and Stringer

Why wouldn't we just keep Gibbs and draft Rayner? Gives us the same result structurally, with a shitload less risk.

Matt Kennedy has played more games this year than Hopper. ;) Same draft, but far more hype for the other.

That interview was actually pretty good. I remember the round robin videos where they'd ask the draft prospects silly questions and they edited him as a dopey farm boy. But he seemed very level headed in this one.

I haven't heard him speak but have played cricket and golf with a close relative , a school principal, so can vouch that he doesn't come from yokel stock.

Has done SFA since 2015. Was probably the worst Bulldog on the ground in the GF.

Seems to be a bit of a deadshit too. Not sure why we'd be interested at all.
Yep. Was big on him in 2015 but he's gone nowhere since.

The Dogs have had a very average forward line for a while (even when they won the flag). Them wanting to get rid of a bloke that kicked 50+ goals for them in 2015 says a lot about Stringer's attitude since.

He spent 2016 standing behind marking contests so he could attempt to take mark of the year.

New club might do him some good but I'm not sure I want SOS going after him.

The Dogs might do it, but I wouldn't.

Out: Pick 3 and Gibbs
In: Kelly and Stringer

Why wouldn't we just keep Gibbs and draft Rayner? Gives us the same result structurally, with a shitload less risk.
Well why wouldn't we indeed? But it looks like Gibbs is gone according to the latest rumours, & GWS expect to have 2 1st rounders, so I'm just putting 2 & 2 together trying to come up with a realistic trade scenario.

Yep. Was big on him in 2015 but he's gone nowhere since.

The Dogs have had a very average forward line for a while (even when they won the flag). Them wanting to get rid of a bloke that kicked 50+ goals for them in 2015 says a lot about Stringer's attitude since.

He spent 2016 standing behind marking contests so he could attempt to take mark of the year.

New club might do him some good but I'm not sure I want SOS going after him.

Who knows, maybe he's just sick of being expected to carry the forward line whilst the Million dollar boy plays in the twos? o_O

He is the perfect fit for them. Dow and Kennedy compliment what they already have perfectly and are both country boys.

If Kennedy had a salesman they would deserve a huge raise. He has pretty much gone from meh to hot property in two months with doing nothing different to he had been all year.
He would be a perfect fit for us, we also have a fair few county boys and he already knows Marchy and Pickett, plus Macreadie through the GWS/NSW connection.

If his dream is to play for a Melbourne club then we can definitely make that happen, he can become our own Josh P Kennedy. Sound like a good lad and i'm hoping that he chooses Carlton!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't heard him speak but have played cricket and golf with a close relative , a school principal, so can vouch that he doesn't come from yokel stock.
Cool, it was just those 20 questions where the city kids were made to look clevererer. ;)

(Which A-list actress would you invite to the Brownlow, what's your favourite 'app', etc)

Guy is a sook on-field when things aren't going his way.
Doesn't seem to be particularly loved by his team-mates nor coach.
Not worth the risk as we'd have to pay plenty to get hold of The 'Potential'
Don't care for 2015. Aren't you as good as your last game/last year?
He was dealing with divorce this year and whatever else came as a result of that (custody battles etc).

I certainly haven't been a fan of Stringer's work the last two seasons but maybe he's worth the gamble. The family stuff probably dates back to 2016 and that's a lot of baggage for a bloke in his early 20s to be dealing with. Of course the baggage could also be something that hangs around so maybe he's not worth the gamble.

I'm interested in how he can perform elsewhere though in a new environment and in a different forward line. The Dogs forward line has been a mess for two seasons with them trying all sorts of combos to kick goals, with it only really working in last year's flag run. Stringer as a result has dealt with a lot of attention as he's seen as their best forward.

Obviously we're not blessed with a great forward line either but with Charlie's continual growth and Casboult being there maybe that would free him up to get back to what he did in 2015?

He would be a perfect fit for us, we also have a fair few county boys and he already knows Marchy and Pickett, plus Macreadie through the GWS/NSW connection.

If his dream is to play for a Melbourne club then we can definitely make that happen, he can become our own Josh P Kennedy. Sound like a good lad and i'm hoping that he chooses Carlton!
I sure hope he comes to us. He will have a tough choice. Stay at GWS and win premierships, move to Melbourne or go up to Brisbane for no doubt better $$

Who knows, maybe he's just sick of being expected to carry the forward line whilst the Million dollar boy plays in the twos? o_O
Maybe.

Definitely think Stringer has talent, just a question of whether or not he can get back to doing the right things away from the actual games to get back to 2015 levels.

Maybe.

Definitely think Stringer has talent, just a question of whether or not he can get back to doing the right things away from the actual games to get back to 2015 levels.
I'd back him to come good in our forward line, and he's just the type of player we need at present, moreso if Gibbs goes.
Would rather punt on Stringer than Devon Smith

He was dealing with divorce this year and whatever else came as a result of that (custody battles etc).

I certainly haven't been a fan of Stringer's work the last two seasons but maybe he's worth the gamble. The family stuff probably dates back to 2016 and that's a lot of baggage for a bloke in his early 20s to be dealing with. Of course the baggage could also be something that hangs around so maybe he's not worth the gamble.

I'm interested in how he can perform elsewhere though in a new environment and in a different forward line. The Dogs forward line has been a mess for two seasons with them trying all sorts of combos to kick goals, with it only really working in last year's flag run. Stringer as a result has dealt with a lot of attention as he's seen as their best forward.

Obviously we're not blessed with a great forward line either but with Charlie's continual growth and Casboult being there maybe that would free him up to get back to what he did in 2015?

That's the part that worries me. Maybe & Gamble.

Of course, if he is of interest, the currency fits and we're comfortable in any player going forward, we should at least have a good look.

You want a guaranteed success for losing Gibbs. Gibbs plays at least 20 games a year at a high level, can't afford to lose him to a high risk trade.

If we trade Gibbs, get Stringer and he turns out to be a bust it could destroy us.

Assuming Crows get pick 18ish for Cameron and pick 9 or 10 for Lever they'd probably be happier handing over pick 10 for Gibbs.

I'd go straight to GWS then and offer 3, 10 and 2018 second for Kelly, Kennedy, Smith (and Griffin if they want).

Go into 2018 like

Plow, Jones, Weitering
Doc, Marchbank, Simmo
Cuningham, Kelly, Murphy
Smith, Curnow, Pickett
Silvagni, McKay, Wright
Kreuzer, Cripps, Kennedy
SPS, Curnow, Fisher, Byrne etc etc but that's a killer 22

Last edited:
Rumours are getting pretty disappointing now;)

Best outcome looks to be a Kennedy trade + find a few mids in the draft?

Gibbs is becoming the best mid rumoured to be for trade.

Bulldogs on the whole seemed way down on the year prior. Could have been a club based issue on top of whatever personal issues he may have been dealing with.

Stringer for the right price could be very handy for us in alleviating our obvious goalkickibg problems. But it does come down entirely to price.

On the plus side playing for Carlton would mean BT won't rabble on about packages anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back