Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As reported by Sam McClure that Gibbs would prefer to play in Sth.australia,why wouldn't he go to port.We know He met with walker last year but if he indeed wants to play in south Aus and there was a suitable trade from port (young,polec,impey,s gray to mention a few)why couldn't that happen to benefit us?Just sayin'.

Sam McClure's exact words ....... he THINKS :rolleyes::-

“I think he will prefer to play football in South Australia for family reasons. Gibbs has yet to ask the club for an official trade request, but I expect that will come. He is still contracted for another two years".

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/09/06/blues-star-prefers-to-play-in-south-australia/

Ben was a rather amiable character, a beast on the track and didn't leave anything behind on the field. Different.
Yeah but then he was hanging with known criminals and abusing drugs and alcohol off the field.

That's my point. I think you can handle a dickhead as long as he works hard on the track and on the main stage.

I don't know what makes Stringer a bit of a dickhead but as long as he's not abusing drugs like Cousins I'm not really worried about that stuff.

Also not really sure why people continue to quote Sam McClure. The only ties he has to Carlton is that he supports them.

He was completely wrong about Hodge to Gold Coast and he was completely wrong about Kelly re-signing with GWS before the season started.

Posters on this board love to shit on Barrett etc but they put out far more rumours so they're bound to get stuff wrong. No idea why McClure isn't criticised as much as those guys.

Yeah but then he was hanging with known criminals and abusing drugs and alcohol off the field.
That's my point. I think you can handle a dickhead as long as he works hard on the track and on the main stage.
I don't know what makes Stringer a bit of a dickhead but as long as he's not abusing drugs like Cousins I'm not really worried about that stuff.

I was just pointing out there are various types we can apply the term 'dickhead' to.
For now, Jake seems to be creating enough friction at The Dogs, that they seem to be open to letting him go.
I just wouldn't want any 'issues' transferring over to our club.

I don't think it will become an issue, as I don't see us reaching for Jake, given where we are and what we're wanting to build.
There will be other clubs willing to hand over a lot more than I feel we'd be ready to. We'll see.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. It's tough trying to connect all the dots and make something realistic.

Considering there have also be comments made that the Lever > Melbourne deal would help with a Gibbs trade, I'm not sure 17 + 35 would be enough for us.

Taking that thought a step further though...I wonder if Adelaide getting 10 for Lever might loosen them up enough to get 17 + their 2018 first rounder for Gibbs. They'd expect to be pushing the GF again.

Assuming they lose Cameron, could throw Buckley in as steak-knives if they want a little more run in their depth.

Initial trades:
Lever to Melbourne for Pick 10.
Cameron to Brisbane for Pick 20.
(Gets Adelaide Fogarty at 10 and whatever they see available at 20)

Opens up:
Gibbs and Buckley to Adelaide for Pick 17 + 2018 first (~17)

- Gives us 17 to send to GWS for Kennedy.
- Add in a future second (call it 25) if they include Smith.
- Late pick (56) for Balic still makes a lot of sense to me.
- Keep Pick 3.
- Bank an extra pick in the first round for next year.

Overall changes:
Out - Gibbs, Buckley, Pick 56, 2018 Pick 25
In - Kennedy, Smith, Balic, 2018 Pick 17
Draft - Pick 3 (Rayner/Dow/LDU), later picks on Penrith/Hickmott/that WA ruckman we apparently like
2018 Draft (assume we finish 12th): Pick 7, Pick 17, Pick 43, Pick 61

ffs, we are not getting 2 first rounders for Gibbs, Buckley is worth nothing he will likely be delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just pointing out there are various types we can apply the term 'dickhead' to.
For now, Jake seems to be creating enough friction at The Dogs, that they seem to be open to letting him go.
I just wouldn't want any 'issues' transferring over to our club.

I don't think it will become an issue, as I don't see us reaching for Jake, given where we are and what we're wanting to build.
There will be other clubs willing to hand over a lot more than I feel we'd be ready to. We'll see.
We'd be nuts not to ask the question for the right price.

23 years old, one-time All-Australian and a goal kicker.

Weideman?? we needs midfielders, we already have 2 developing young tall forwards
I'd be surprised if Charlie didn't end up spending most of his games in the midfield. Especially with his elite running ability. Harry may end up pinch hitting in the ruck after Cas finishes up in a year or two. That's why i suggested Weideman.

Both with one AA squad nomination to their names, I have this funny feeling Lever may end up with much more.
I have a feeling Gibbs may kick 65 goals next year, what does that mean? Nothing... There is no doubt Lever is a good player but geez, the media hyping it up a bit much, I've watched quite a few of his games and I think people are getting a little too excited...

ffs, we are not getting 2 first rounders for Gibbs, Buckley is worth nothing he will likely be delisted.

Ease up champ.

Firstly, Picks 17 + (17-18) is literally as low as first rounders get. If it was Pick 17 + Pick 19, a first and a second, would that magically make you feel better about it? One pick difference?

Secondly, Buckley thrown in as optional steak-knives, not required but offering a little something extra can't hurt. Not a critical part of the hypothetical.

I have a feeling Gibbs may kick 65 goals next year, what does that mean? Nothing... There is no doubt Lever is a good player but geez, the media hyping it up a bit much, I've watched quite a few of his games and I think people are getting a little too excited...

Lever is clearly more valuable than Gibbs.
A significant factor in the valuations is their respective ages, but Lever is a very exciting player. He has shown more than our young tall defenders (who are also exciting in their own right).

Ease up champ.

Firstly, Picks 17 + (17-18) is literally as low as first rounders get. If it was Pick 17 + Pick 19, a first and a second, would that magically make you feel better about it? One pick difference?

Secondly, Buckley thrown in as optional steak-knives, not required but offering a little something extra can't hurt. Not a critical part of the hypothetical.

Last year we requested Adelaide's 1st in 2016 (Pick 15) and 1st in 2017 (Pick17 atm). They only offered up there 1st and a 3rd... So on this basis and with Gibbs a year older I think we would have Buckley's in getting this done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back