Bluemour Discussion Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree with you if we weren’t getting MM. Now that we are, despite how good Luko is, MM will offer atleast some of what we were going to get with Luko. Drafting a mid now far outweighs our need for Luko
Seem to be a lot of mid trade options available if we’re willing to pay...also we don’t know how serious MM ankle problem is...and we don’t seem to be good with our medical screening program....is he worth the risk when we have what is touted as a once in generation type player..

I dont know about anyone else but im sold
Shiel to the blues :D:D
Nothing would be sweeter. Trading out the PP (particularly if the caveat is that we have to trade it) to GWS as part of a Shiel deal, and then the Crows (and their adoring fans) sitting back and saying, ooh - they don't have that pick 10 (pp?) anymore. Err, early 20 will do it then.....we can't keep him after all....and he has been struggling to stay on the park.

A rumour on another Carlton fan chat site had Eddie Betts coming home for a direct swap for Jacob Weitering. If that
happens I will be tearing up my CFC membership and stop barracking for Carlton forthwith !!!
Mate, if you really think that's even remotely possible, you need to log out and get some fresh air. You won't be tearing up your membership anytime soon.

Nothing would be sweeter. Trading out the PP (particularly if the caveat is that we have to trade it) to GWS as part of a Shiel deal, and then the Crows (and their adoring fans) sitting back and saying, ooh - they don't have that pick 10 (pp?) anymore. Err, early 20 will do it then.....we can't keep him after all....and he has been struggling to stay on the park.

Jokes on you - McGovern is worth pick 1

Adelaide BF members 1 - Talrahir 0

thought this was the west footscray fire when I looked out my window this morning - turns out it's the server hosting the crows bf site...........

f98a417172ab87834a9de3a422eeb31a3672ff2e

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That wouldn't be a bad outcome as a whole but I don't see us willing to trade #1 for a 7 pick downgrade just to add McGovern and a 10 pick upgrade to our 2nd rounder. Understand you look at the outcome as a whole rather than parts but as you said you'd want to know that trade 2 is going to happen before doing it.

If the Suns were after that sort of outcome, what stops them from dealing with the Crows directly? They could trade pick #2 for their picks #8 + #17 and the Suns have an almost identical outcome, only they don't have to wait for us to get the deal done with the Crows first. If we trade pick #1, it will have to be massively in our favour, I don't see SOS doing it otherwise.

imo, McGovern not sure he quite warrants pick #15 in this year's draft. The only way the Crows would get that sort of value for him is if a club were desperate for him which I don't think we are. Or the AFL hand us the PP before finals teams and then 'force' us to trade it for an established player (which imo is also highly unlikely as I don't think they should have the power to force trades on clubs).

I reckon we should try and go for something like this:

#25 + #26 -> Swans
#14 -> Blues

(Gives them more points for academy bid)

Assuming we get the mid 1st PP, we have: #1 + #12 + #14

#14 + Blues 2019 2nd -> Crows
McGovern + #17 -> Blues

Assuming our 2019 2nd is about #22, puts McGovern at around #18 in value, we have: #1 + #12 + #17 + McGovern.

As for the Crows, it improves their draft position this year by a few places whilst also giving them a strong 2nd rounder for next year (which I imagine would be a good bargaining tool for this year's draft). Could easily see them working their way to pick #2 + #30 for #8 + #14 + Blues 2019 2nd rounder. Overall the Crows lose #8 + #17 + McGovern for their coveted top 3 pick and at least get #30 back from the Suns. There's no going around overpaying for a pick that early in this year's draft for the Crows imo.

#17 + Blues 2019 3rd -> GWS
Setterfield + #45 -> Blues

Assuming our 3rd next year is about #40, puts Setters at around #15 in value and we have: #1 + #12 + #45 + Setterfield + McGovern

Obviously, it's another convoluted scenario with trades being reliant on the first one happening, but instead, I tried to make use of our future picks in order to improve our situation this year.

Your name isn't Stephen by any chance? Maybe with the initials S.S??

Not sure how many have seen the article on Fox Sports, but apparently we are keen on Hugh Goddard (recently delisted by the Saints). Silvagni had a secret meeting with his manager so seems like it's a strong possibility of happening.

Potentially a free replacement for ASOS. With ASOS retiring and JGM likely being delisted, at the very least we need to look at a guy like this for the Northern Blues who can put pressure on our regulars to perform.

Wouldn't want to break the bank on a player with 2 ACLs and questionable behavior.

500k x 2 (could be pushed to 3 years)
Dean Rice went alright. Its a risk of course.

Behaviour wise I will leave that up to the club to worry about.....young fellas grow up in real life.

Pick 1 for both. Just get it done.
No need to panic.

First we need to get him to choose us. If he does then we work out the trade.

Pick 1 should be off the table. That's for Walsh.

Next years first (anywhere from pick 4-10) and a second or our Pp if need be will get it done.

Not sure how many have seen the article on Fox Sports, but apparently we are keen on Hugh Goddard (recently delisted by the Saints). Silvagni had a secret meeting with his manager so seems like it's a strong possibility of happening.

Hugh Goddard. Sam Collins. Maybe one or the other if we're moving on all the older key defenders, but surely not both.....surely?

Hugh Goddard. Sam Collins. Maybe one or the other if we're moving on all the older key defenders, but surely not both.....surely?

If both come through the rookie or preseason draft I can't see why not. We all say we have too many tall backs but the reality is some of these guys won't be with us next year or the year after. ASOS and JGM gone and then Rowe is almost done too. We do need to replace those guys and if H. Goddard and Collins come cheaply then they are upgrades on what we have in the reserves. If they play well and build pressure to get a senior call up then that's a positive for our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back