Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT. Just need to be CLEAR. I DO NOT get any info about trades, issues, other players etc from No.4. I wouldn't do it or ask and they certainly wouldn't discuss anything internal about the club. Just doesn't happen and if anything was passed on I wouldn't discuss it on here.

Sorry for getting the number wrong. This is what no sleep in 36 hours will do to you. I was kidding though mate. :)

(McKay has an insider on Reddit, fwiw)

After listening to Brent Harvey on SEN a couple of days ago, then the most exciting prospect mentioned was Walsh.

He was very excited about him and mentioned Carlton would be crazy not to take him. Apparently he has great leadership qualities. He is a player that could play for us for at least 12 years.

An emerging midfield of Dow, Walsh, SPS, Fisher, Kennedy still sounds exciting.

If Shiel & Setterfield come to us without using this year's no 1, then l'll be wrapped.

I don't buy into this crap we need to show supporters more wins & to do this we need 26/27 year olds. We are well into our rebuild, our list is maturing regardless. For where we were, we had a lot of injuries this year. We don't need to be impatient. The tipping point will come.

A draft of Walsh, MM, Fosolo & keeping our picks & salary space is still ok (with our salary space we can continue to front load our elite young players & then reload next year. It's not to say we don't want Shield, but not with pick 1. I'm sure SOS won't give it up.

PS I would not be trading Jones. Premiership teams have plenty of key flexible defenders. We saw that with Tigers & Eagles. And that is why Hawks traded in Lake & Frawley.

McGovern is a solid footballer. Setterfield is talented but with significant question marks and stalled progress.

Shiel is a very good footballer at a 15-20% price premium.

No ******* way we overpay.
Its the landscape we are currently in when you finish bottom with 2 wins and are churning out wooden spoons at an alarming rate think you have to overpay jimmae just a matter of how much .
That proposal is realistic .

Not a crack at you at all Wickzki. :) Just want it to be clear in case people think I am told things. Doesn't happen

I figured. Plenty here would assume otherwise when posting something insightful so fair enough to point that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Situations like this are a massive reason why clubs need to have more control over players and trade discussions.

Carlton and Hawthorn can butter up Shiel all they like but ultimately it should be up to GWS and where they can get the best trade currency, which is us.
Not having a go at you, but would this apply for McGov and the crows.

Ah yes, I always make a point of teaching my year 3s about "the three 2s": to, too and two; what they mean and when to use them.
Then it's onto "the three theirs": there their and they're.

I do it explicitly in the hope that most of them (at least) will remember which is witch when they're older and are publicly posting their musings. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back