Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to start paying someone to do a summary post say every 5 pages...

Any takers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last 200 pages

thylacine60 talks stuff not related to #Bluemours

Soapy V talks info he gets from #10 as well as his favorites

500 users beg for barass70 and other reputable insiders to post

barass70 or another insider then posts.... followed by 50 pages of people debating whether it's bullshit or to shut up and believe that it is.

Last 200 pages

barass70 or another insider then posts.... followed by 50 pages of people debating whether it's bullshit or to shut up and believe that it is.
Sounds about right
Rinse and repeat

Not sure if mentioned, but apparently Dunstan's manager debunked Carlton rumour.

https://outline.com/6ytXt6

"Luke Dunstan has been too (linked to Carlton), but that move was hosed down by his management yesterday"

The deal for Shiel - which I was told a few weeks ago - goes something like:

2019 1st + Pick 24 & 25 for Shiel, Setterfield & Pick 13

Say we finish 14th next year, it effectively NETs GWS with pick 3 for the pair (in points).

Pick 13 then sent to Crows for McGovern

Club is confident they can get at least 2 second rounders back through the state league player trades and/ or an experienced player.

He's literally the best in the league at it.

If actually be upset if that's all we had to show for those picks.
Think this is a terrific deal for all parties involved. GWS get a good haul of picks and Adelaide get a strong pick for McGovern. You never want to smash someone in a trade as bad blood can impact future trades. Jimmae isn't the point of draft picks to bring in good footballers? While SOS has been solid at the draft table I think I'm happy to bring in a proven performer in Shiel for next year's first. I'm happy to depart with with 24 which is essentially what it will cost for McGovern as he's a very high upside player that we've seen can make a strong impact at AFL level. I'm also very happy to part with pick 25 for Setterfield, people forget that he was ranked as the number 1 player by some draft watchers. For pick 25 I'm more than happy to roll the dice on a player SOS had ranked higher than SPS.

Would he even get a game?

I actually think we'd see Levi's best in a better side where delivery will be more to his advantage. He's not going to suddenly become a 50 goal a year forward or anything but I reckon he could be ok for them. The problem though is obviously the kicking.

Former Pick 1 @ Carlton
Weitering
Kruezer
Gibbs
Murphy

Can the no to trading pick 1 people tell me which one of those is worth more than the GWS 3?

Which one of those at anytime in their career would be worth more than those 3 are currently?
Not really a good analogy I feel. It doesnt work that way at all.

Last 200 pages

You forgot ....

Who won the Judd trade

Last 5 pages of Fev drivel :rolleyes:

You forgot ....

Who won the Judd trade

Last 5 pages of Fev drivel :rolleyes:

Also warnings to delete your posts on the No Discussion thread otherwise the evil mod Aphrodite will kill toads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last 200 pages

Dont forget the fish..that was good fun till it fin ished. So I say codswallop. :D

Think this is a terrific deal for all parties involved. GWS get a good haul of picks and Adelaide get a strong pick for McGovern. You never want to smash someone in a trade as bad blood can impact future trades. Jimmae isn't the point of draft picks to bring in good footballers? While SOS has been solid at the draft table I think I'm happy to bring in a proven performer in Shiel for next year's first. I'm happy to depart with with 24 which is essentially what it will cost for McGovern as he's a very high upside player that we've seen can make a strong impact at AFL level. I'm also very happy to part with pick 25 for Setterfield, people forget that he was ranked as the number 1 player by some draft watchers. For pick 25 I'm more than happy to roll the dice on a player SOS had ranked higher than SPS.
McGovern is a solid footballer. Setterfield is talented but with significant question marks and stalled progress.

Shiel is a very good footballer at a 15-20% price premium.

No ****ing way we overpay.

Also warnings to delete your posts on the No Discussion thread otherwise the evil mod Aphrodite will kill toads.

I saw a toad last night walking back to my hotel. Either that or a Very Large Frog. Aph, you are welcome to start with that ugly beastie if anyone pops off in the ND thread

Situations like this are a massive reason why clubs need to have more control over players and trade discussions.

Carlton and Hawthorn can butter up Shiel all they like but ultimately it should be up to GWS and where they can get the best trade currency, which is us.
Totally agree with this. The same goes for Adelaide with McGovern they have the contract so should be able to shop him to the highest bidder that way the club get fair value for their asset. Players have far too much power at the moment.

GWS and GCS are the teams that have enquired about Levi Casboult. He prefers to play at GWS then GCS. Dylan Buckley being at GWS also a factor. GCS have been far more interested then GWS.

This came from the man himself.
Cas to GWS makes some sense - Lycett to Port, Lobb to West Coast to fill that gap in the ruck until NicNat returns, Cas to GWS to fill that part time ruck, part time forward (and wing marking relief) role. He's still a fantastic mark of the ball, and could be a really good utility player for GWS if surrounded by class.

Last 200 pages

IMPORTANT. Just need to be CLEAR. I DO NOT get any info about trades, issues, other players etc from No.4. I wouldn't do it or ask and they certainly wouldn't discuss anything internal about the club. Just doesn't happen and if anything was passed on I wouldn't discuss it on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back