Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we really need the last hours or so on live tv in trade week , i really dont think it is good veiwing as all we are going to be seeing is ex footballers in the media telling us behind these closed doors is carlton and the giants doing a deal for whoever... we are not going to see what is actually happening with the trades as clubs involved wont want the media in there listening

Once again the AFL is just ripping off an idea from overseas - this time deadline day from the premier league. We just don’t have the same volume of movement though, so I’m predicting this will be a stinker.

It was a 5-club pick swap that started with the Swans offloading Aliir Aliir for a late pick. We got involved as a facilitator.

We ended up netting...... a free 4th rounder.

Lamest. Bluemour. Dream. Ever.

At least it wasn't a new jumper sponsor Bluemour dream

Nic Newman - part of our plan to get Lachie Whitfield next year?

https://outline.com/MWKZrS

I haven’t seen much of Newman but his tackling and pressure seems to be elite and something we need down back (and in forward 50 too if he can switch ends again). I’d be happy to send a future 3rd instead of the 4th mooted or anything else that gets it done (even 3rd and 4th). We need quality players in that 16-22 range and he seems to tick that box.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No....I watch a fair bit of Northern Blues as well....Graham is fantastic in the VFL where the pace is slower and he gets to use his skills....but gets caught out in AFL where the pace is much more frenetic.....unfortunately there's a history of players who fall in that category

Spot on BH...he is simply too slow for AFL.

I dreamt last night that someone I know at the club told me our plans for the last day of trade period and I posted the Bluemour on bigfooty.

Some people dream about playing in an AFL premiership, others dream about their team winning the flag.

Nope, not me. I dream about posting in the NO DISCUSSION thread.

It's a bit sad that even in my imagination that is the pinnacle of my sporting achievement.

But seriously, the glory of my very own bluemour? Ah......it was a great dream.

I dreamt that ericpasco liked one of my posts

It was a 5-club pick swap that started with the Swans offloading Aliir Aliir for a late pick. We got involved as a facilitator.

We ended up netting...... a free 4th rounder.

Lamest. Bluemour. Dream. Ever.
Were you back at school in this dream...looked down and realised you weren’t wearing any clothes?

Spot on BH...he is simply too slow for AFL.

Graham didn’t play games this year when fit and when injuries decimated the midfield. If he isn’t our best back up mid in the twos he isnt adding value.

He isnt going to play centre with cripps, setterfield and kennedy and he is no forward resting mid - kicked 1 goal 5 this year!

Presume there is some judgement somewhere that says he could add more value than pick 69 or 71. But I don’t see the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dreamt last night that someone I know at the club told me our plans for the last day of trade period and I posted the Bluemour on bigfooty.

Some people dream about playing in an AFL premiership, others dream about their team winning the flag.

It's a bit sad that even in my imagination that is the pinnacle of my sporting achievement.

Surely it still warrants a Bluemour post. Your imagination is just a credible source as the ones that get posted in the forums

Apparently MEL want more than #5 for Hogan. Talk of Cerra or Brayshaw being inquired about.

Would people do #1 for Cerra and #5? #1 would apparently placate MEL for Hogan, as it gives them access to Lukosius or a King to replace Hogan down the line.

It’s an interesting proposition.

Does say Smith plus Cerra improve us more than Walsh? On paper yes but there’s only so many midfielders we can fit in a team so quality and types of midfielders is important for balance.

Personally I would do it but SOS knows more than me so if he does it I’ll be happy and if he doesn’t I’ll also be happy.

"ferrisb"..........please start dreaming that * do not acquire Shiel and that he has to stay at GWS or..........:rolleyes:

It’s an interesting proposition.
Does say Smith plus Cerra improve us more than Walsh? On paper yes but there’s only so many midfielders we can fit in a team so quality and types of midfielders is important for balance.

Personally I would do it but SOS knows more than me so if he does it I’ll be happy and if he doesn’t I’ll also be happy.

I see this to be correct and it's something we often forget when talking players, as we just want talent and not necessarily always the right talent.

Would love Cripps & Setterfield to be mostly interchangeable.
Dow & (ideally) Shiel would have been the other interchangeable, but not to say they couldn't have co-existed as starting mids.
Then we have mix and matching with ECurnow. SPS, Fisher and possibly Walsh

We're still missing a couple of quality mids for my liking, but we'll get there as all our guys are young.

I once dreamt I was playing for the Blues in the ‘95 grand final. I felt totally out of place but must have been open in the forward line because Diesel fired off a handball to me with SUCH CONFIDENCE in his teammate’s ability that I just turned and drilled the goal from 20 out slight angle.

Then came the roar - you guys all went absolutely bananas.

But um...yeah yours is pretty cool too mate:p

Looking forward to another 35-50 pages of Shi*l talk today.

Expect not much will get done between now and getting home from work tonight.

Would not be upset with a surprise or two if you are reading this SOS ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back